09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

eek.gif

Tommie West Snapped on the Memphis Athletic Department and the Memphis Press in his press conference

O MY GOD!!!
pimp.gif

**I upped the video to youtube... peep it

lemme quote some guys that played for UT in the past who are from Memphis area ...

The facilities are a joke. They aren't up to par with some of the high schools in the state. They've had to practice at local high schools when it rained. And they finally enlarged their locker room at the Liberty Bowl to be large enough to hold the entire team. It took him 8 years to get a $3 million locker room upgrade. He has said over and over that he can't compete with SEC facilities but he should be able to compete with CUSA facilities and Memphis falls in the lower third of that conference. There is no administrative commitment. President fought efforts to put an on campus stadium there. Who might want the donating alumni to visit campus a few times a year? The AD was walked around by his willie by John Calipari for years and Tommy had to beg for everything he got. I do not understand how RC Johnson, the AD, has a job.

I was in Memphis' football facilities during spring practice. What they are working with is laughable. Off the top of my head, Carson Newman, Eastern KY, and Appy State all have 100% better facilities than Memphis football. The Memphis players I spoke with were joking that the basketball team lived in the Taj Mahal while they could not get hot water in their dorms...I know they were only half kidding at most. You can't even run 7 on 7 in Memphis' indoor "facility" and instead of repairing tears in the old astro turf, it is "seamed" up with a hard plastic adhesive. Just old, dated, and as West made very clear nothing to give the coach there a fighting chance.

eek.gif
sick.gif
Not being able to tun 7on7s
smh.gif
Disgusting

Memphis is a basketball school though. It doesn't make sense to allocate a ton of money to a program that is irrelevant.However, you have to remain the least bit competitive. I mean he couldn't even run a 7 on 7? Wow. Memphis got exposed for the worse. Mike Tranghese has alot of work to do down there.

UCONNs a basketball school
kentuckys a basketball school
Pitts a basketball school
Arizonas a basketball school

all those schools have more than adequate football facilities and budgets

there is NO excuse to not be able to compete with other conference USA schools in recruiting. thats just horrible.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

UCONNs a basketball school
kentuckys a basketball school
Pitts a basketball school
Arizonas a basketball school

all those schools have more than adequate football facilities and budgets

there is NO excuse to not be able to compete with other conference USA schools in recruiting. thats just horrible.
smh.gif
Big East
SEC
Big East
Pac 10

One thing they have in common is that money is not an issue. The University of Memphis had extensive budget cuts over the last few years. Upgrading footballfacilities is the last thing on the universities' mind when they risk losing professors.

Memphis
FedEx CFO Alan Graf Jr. "has pledged $500,000 of personal money to the athletic program," and Smith has become "one of Calipari's trusted advisers." Burke adds Calipari "speaks to booster groups 30 times a year," and donations to the UM athletic program have risen 120% to $5.6M this year. The athletics budget has jumped from $17M to $31M. UM sold 17,800 season tickets for the '07-08 season, "including 1,000 bought at a $500-a-plate barbecue cookout Calipari hosted" at his home in Memphis. UM basketball's revenue this season from ticket, ad and merchandise sales will total $4.7M. There are 20 billboards around Memphis promoting the basketball team, and all but $50,000 of the $2.5M cost of the ads was privately funded. Calipari's salary this season is $1.8M.
the school's athletic department has [plies] plenny monayyy [/plies]

plies-plenty-money.jpg

lol

Memphis
FedEx CFO Alan Graf Jr. "has pledged $500,000 of personal money to the athletic program," and Smith has become "one of Calipari's trusted advisers." Burke adds Calipari "speaks to booster groups 30 times a year," and donations to the UM athletic program have risen 120% to $5.6M this year. The athletics budget has jumped from $17M to $31M. UM sold 17,800 season tickets for the '07-08 season, "including 1,000 bought at a $500-a-plate barbecue cookout Calipari hosted" at his home in Memphis. UM basketball's revenue this season from ticket, ad and merchandise sales will total $4.7M. There are 20 billboards around Memphis promoting the basketball team, and all but $50,000 of the $2.5M cost of the ads was privately funded. Calipari's salary this season is $1.8M.
the school's athletic department has [plies] plenny monayyy [/plies]

Then that's all on the former AD then and he was rightfully replaced. Makes no sense that the budget is $31M but you can't even fixastroturf. If I'm right about Memphis' AD, its not a separate entity and money generated funds other programs.

smh.gif
I dont even wanna chuckle at this gif i mean gad damn BOTH FEET inbounds in a sport where u only need 1 and they call it incomplete.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Shady
Eastern
Conference

Anything to get Bama and UF to the SEC championship game. No integrity at all.

smh.gif
I dont even wanna chuckle at this gif i mean gad damn BOTH FEET inbounds in a sport where u only need 1 and they call it incomplete.
smh.gif
smh.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
It's funny because it has been blatant. The calls have been heavily in favor of those two programs, it's kind of disgusting. The refholding the money bag
laugh.gif

I find it hard calling UF and Bama the best two teams in the nation when they have been helped. Both teams could've possibly had 1 loss at this juncture,but the referee's played a HUGE role in certain victories (UF vs. Arkansas, Bama vs. UT/LSU)

Not co signing the call the refs made but it wasn't like that call decided the game. A possible GW drive by JARRETT LEE on the LSU side of the 50? Iwouldn't like them odds.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Not co signing the call the refs made but it wasn't like that call decided the game. A possible GW drive by JARRETT LEE on the LSU side of the 50? I wouldn't like them odds.
A play like that would've been huge on the road. It didn't "decide" the game but it was very critical. LSU was robbed from amomentum changing play, that was crucial in a game that could've gone either way.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Forcing a punt would have been huge too but that didn't happen either. Soooo?
You're trying to downplay it. LSU already stopped Bama by getting that INT, so it is fair that they had to stop them again. Plus, theywould've had a short field to play with.

"Sooooo?"
laugh.gif

Why downplay what actually happened, their defense had been doing a good job on Julio minus that long flanker screen. Why not think they could get anotherstop?

I was having a discussion with some peoples and we think the Replay Booth should be seperate from the venue. they shouldnt be in the arena and not allowed tobe swayed by the crowd. even so far as to having no scores on their replay monitors. *shrugs*

Muchie Legaux has committed to Colorado
eek.gif
they got a Nice athletic QB. good Pick up

I remember seein that live and laughin when they said it was incomplete, I knew the SEC officials would be brought up in here.
laugh.gif

Horrible call. Flat nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom