09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

I read this past weekend that Ahmad Dixon isn't gonna qualify, no matter where he goes. That came from a former A&M player, but I dunno if it's100% true or not.

Any news on Corey Nelson's visit, Gunna?

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

so ppl still don't think texas can hang with bama and florida?

Because you beat UCF ?
no, because colt is healthy and our offense is rolling...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by tmay407

I read this past weekend that Ahmad Dixon isn't gonna qualify, no matter where he goes. That came from a former A&M player, but I dunno if it's 100% true or not.

I missed that part but the guy is a committ to Baylor. If my memory serves me correctly thats one of the higher ranked schools in the big XII. If theyvealready accepted his verbal, his grades and scores should on point

Originally Posted by aar1002

why the red thou?
A Horned Frog's defense mechanism is that is shoots blood from their eyes. That is what the red stripes represent

blood.bmp

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I read this past weekend that Ahmad Dixon isn't gonna qualify, no matter where he goes. That came from a former A&M player, but I dunno if it's 100% true or not.
I missed that part but the guy is a committ to Baylor. If my memory serves me correctly thats one of the higher ranked schools in the big XII. If theyve already accepted his verbal, his grades and scores should on point
I thought it was pretty common for schools (most schools, anyways) to accept verbals from kids that are considered grade risks...if not, A&Mis doing something wrong. A&M is the second ranked school academics-wise in the Big 12 (according to US News), and I could probably name 5 or so kids since2003 that have signed with A&M and didn't end up qualifying. It seems like we always have one each year.

(Baylor's the #3 ranked Big 12 school, if that matters.)

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I missed that part but the guy is a committ to Baylor. If my memory serves me correctly thats one of the higher ranked schools in the big XII. If theyve already accepted his verbal, his grades and scores should on point
I thought it was pretty common for schools (most schools, anyways) to accept verbals from kids that are considered grade risks...if not, A&M is doing something wrong. A&M is the second ranked school academics-wise in the Big 12 (according to US News), and I could probably name 5 or so kids since 2003 that have signed with A&M and didn't end up qualifying. It seems like we always have one each year.

(Baylor's the #3 ranked Big 12 school, if that matters.)

*cough*Johnny Jolly*cough* *cough*Jarrod Penwright*cough* *cough*Reggie McNeal*cough* *cough*Terrence Kiel*cough* Lol let me quit.

TCU%2BGloves.jpg

these are beautiful.
pimp.gif

I wonder if Oregon is gonna get one of these Uni sets
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

*cough*Johnny Jolly*cough* *cough*Jarrod Penwright*cough* *cough*Reggie McNeal*cough* *cough*Terrence Kiel*cough* Lol let me quit.
laugh.gif

Johnny Jolly, Reggie McNeal, Terrence Kiel...special exceptions, no doubt...at least they made it to campus, though.

I was talking about kids like Chris Henderson, Derrick Hall, Blake Chavis, etc. Kids that never got into school because they never passed through theClearinghouse.

And Gunna, here's a little bit on Corey Nelson's situation in case you care:
Nelson was planning to visit Tennessee this weekend as we said in Tidbits. However, he told Tarp on Friday that he did not go because his parents wanted to go out there with him and they could not afford the travel expense right now. Remember, for some reason the NCAA only allows a school to pay for the prospect's airfare and not the parents'.

This could be interesting because it is going to be tough for his family to make two trips to the West Coast (Stanford and UCLA) plus Nebraska. Tarp and I figure they'll be able to make one trip out west. They could drive to Nebraska, but that's a pretty long trip.

This could either cause Nelson to look at officials closer to him (e.g. Oklahoma) or he might end up going by himself. If he goes by himself, with the way that his family is involved in the decision, it would be a good thing for A&M.

Well Under Armor isn't taking Nike's direct shot at them lying down. The brand and Adidas are fighting back
[h2]Gamecocks, Terps camo up for daunting Nov. 14 battles[/h2]
By Matt Hinton

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-554562571-1256083554.jpg

Football, despite its inherent intellectual progressivism, has always best been understood as a proxy for war, and a couple teams are ratcheting up the military motif for their toughest games of the season in three weeks:
Maryland and South Carolina will wear uniforms with camouflage designs during their games Nov. 14 [vs. Virginia Tech and Florida, respectively - ed.] to honor military veterans and promote the Wounded Warrior Project.

The black with tan camouflage uniforms, designed by Under Armour, will have a Wounded Warrior logo on them. Instead of players' names, the backs of the jerseys will have words such as courage, loyalty, integrity and service.

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-568444487-1256083561.jpg
The complete list of "embellishments" on the nameplates: Duty, Honor, Courage, Commitment, Integrity, Country, and Service. (Presumably Under Armour resisted the urge to offer sometime spokes-coach Steve Spurrier a customized version that says "Click Clack" on the back.)

Alert fans may recall that Army broke out some sweet camo-themed uniforms last December against Navy, which didn't help them at all in ending the Academy's seven-year losing streak against the Midshipmen but was the coolest new look of the year. So the Gamecocks and Terrapins may still be flattened by huge favorites Florida and Virginia Tech, respectively, but at least they'll look fierce in the process.

And as a product of one of the country's reddest, hunting-and-football-crazed states, I'll reiterate: The first sporting goods supplier who makes camo helmets and cleats available to rural America is sitting on a mint.

And rumor is Michigan will be wearing 1930s era throwbacks when they meet tO$U and the buckeyes will be wearing these

osuuni.jpg

I'd really like to see what a Syracuse pro combat jersey would look like. Ain't happening no time soon though.

Back
Top Bottom