*★*Official Chicago Bears 2009-2010 Thread(4-4)*★* week 10 @49ers

Originally Posted by JPZx

What do ya'll think about a NFC North Trash Talk thread?
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

We signed Rod Hood.

Good pickup IMO...I would have preferred Chris McAlister but we could still pick him up.

Bears need to mortgage whatever to get B.Marshall

Can't wait to see Cutler owning face all season though
pimp.gif

My mouth starts watering every time I hear Brandon Marshall mentioned. It would be so fun to have him in a bears uniform.
Just imagine what Cutler would look like with Forte, Olsen, Dez Clark and a real receiver.
smile.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]BEARS IN BRIEF: Hood on way for insurance at corner[/h1]
Comments

September 1, 2009

BY BRAD BIGGS [email protected]

The Bears might have been runner-up for the services of Rod Hood the first time around, but they look to be in position to land the veteran cornerback in time for the regular season.

Hood was released Monday by the Cleveland Browns, and he expects to sign a contract with the Bears today, a little more than three months after the team hosted him for a free-agent visit.

RELATED STORIES
Glimpse of the 'old' Hester

''I like the Bears, I like coach Lovie [Smith] and I like all the coaches,'' Hood said. ''I had a good experience when I was there, and I don't need to know why I didn't sign there the first time because I had a good feel for everything about them. I'm just glad they were still interested in me.''

Hood can provide insurance for starting cornerbacks Charles Tillman and Zack Bowman, who have yet to appear in a preseason game as they work their way back from injuries.

The Bears have been going with former Pro Bowl performer Nathan Vasher and Trumaine McBride, but Vasher doesn't appear to be the same player he was and McBride did not play well Sunday at Denver, missing a couple tackles and getting beat by ex-Bear Brandon Lloyd for a catch near the goal line.

''I've been a starter in this league, but all I am looking for is an opportunity to go out there and compete,'' Hood said. ''Wherever they can use me, I am willing.''

Hood is entering his seventh season in the league, spending the last two years with the Arizona Cardinals, with whom he started 15 games last year. His first four seasons were with the Philadelphia Eagles.

He has good size at 5-11, 198 pounds and is someone the Bears targeted after his release from the Cardinals after they signed Bryant McFadden in free agency. He wound up with the Browns but sounded relieved to be out of Cleveland. The Browns come to Soldier Field for the final preseason game Thursday.

''Growing up I was told when you can't say anything good about something, don't say nothing at all,'' Hood said. ''It is a blessing for me to be able to come to a team of this sort. I learned one thing when I was over there, it was when [boxing trainer and analyst] Teddy Atlas came to speak to the team. He told us about surviving and winning. The two words are similar but you can't have both. If you're just surviving, that gets in the way of winning. It was one of the greatest speeches I've ever heard. Other than that, I don't care to go into it.''

truth be told im more then happy the made a move on the D side of things we cant go into this year just like last year we going to need somebodyto step up

Hopefully Hood wont be Archuletta II. We needed to make some type of move and I am glad we are shoring up back there. I figure it is gonna be a revolving doorin the defensive backfield.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

Hopefully Hood wont be Archuletta II. We needed to make some type of move and I am glad we are shoring up back there. I figure it is gonna be a revolving door in the defensive backfield.
Ugh, thanks for reminding me about Archuleta. Dude was terrible....he had more missed tackles than a motha. Makes me mad thinkin about it
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Are the starters getting a lot of playing time tonight?

Highly doubt it. Probably gonna see the 1st unit for a series or two and then see who's gonna make the 53 man roster.

Hopefully Hood wont be Archuletta II. We needed to make some type of move and I am glad we are shoring up back there. I figure it is gonna be a revolving door in the defensive backfield.
Totally forgot about this dude was that only last year or was it 2 years ago??

Dude was %$@%+#* terrible he was supposedly a hard hitter, he couldnt cover *@*% but dude would miss tackles left and right. Remember that game vs AD?
sick.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Dude was %$@%+#* terrible he was supposedly a hard hitter, he couldnt cover *@*% but dude would miss tackles left and right. Remember that game vs AD?
sick.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
He played with the Bears in 2007 and I think he might be playing for Oakland this year. Yeah he was such garbage.
I wake up at night with vomit in my thinking about that game.

Tillman 50-50 for Week 1

Cornerback says 'flip of the coin' for whether he'll play

September 7, 2009, 3:57 PM

By: Jeff Dickerson

Roughly five minutes into Charles Tillman's predictably vague health update, a reporter wondered aloud if the cornerback was officially announcing his return Sunday night in Green Bay.

[+] Enlarge

Scott Boehm/Getty Images

Charles Tillman says he's 50-50 to start Week 1.
"Did you hear me say that?" Tillman barked. "No, I did not say that. I didn't say that."
So what are the odds?

"I don't know, a flip of the coin," Tillman said.

50-50?

"Yeah, that's what a coin flip is right," Tillman responded.

OK. That was a good line. The rest … typical NFL speak.

"I was able to do everything [at practice Monday], they didn't hold me out of anything," Tillman said. "I'm very confident [I can play]. I got to believe in me, right? I'm extremely confident in my ability, I bust my butt to try and get back to this point right now.

"Even if I wasn't a leader on the team it's still important for me to be out there. I don't know of anyone who likes to watch from the sidelines, other than fans. I'm a player. I want to be on the field."

Everybody wants Tillman back on the field. When healthy, he's an elite cornerback, but he's undergone shoulder and back surgeries this offseason. Tillman says his shoulder is fine, but isn't it fair to wonder how he'll hold up against the talented duo of Donald Driver and Greg Jennings?

"They get a lot of [yards after the catch]," Tillman said. "They do a great job of catching the ball and going north and south. They really don't dance around. … We definitely have our hands full."

Regardless if the veteran suits up, the Bears are expected to go with an inexperienced secondary against Aaron Rodgers. Zack Bowman and Al Afalava could both make their first NFL starts -- although Bowman did see action in one game last season.

Lovie Smith must also decide on free safety between Danieal Manning and Kevin Payne. Last week it seemed Smith was leaning toward Manning, but indications Monday pointed toward Payne starting Week 1, with Manning playing nickel and kickoff return. Maybe Smith is still concerned about Manning's hamstring and wants to be sure he doesn't lose the versatile defensive back to further injury. Manning may still be viewed as the long-term answer at free safety, but in the short term, Payne looks on track to get the nod versus the Packers.

lord let him be ready

Originally Posted by THE GR8

sick.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
He played with the Bears in 2007 and I think he might be playing for Oakland this year. Yeah he was such garbage.
I wake up at night with vomit in my thinking about that game.
That game was like watching Tom and Jerry +!+@, with him just running through us and avoiding tackles from !$%%++@ Archuleta
sick.gif
smh.gif

someone pull that praying .gif out for Tillman we def need him vs Green Bay to help shut down that passing game
tired.gif
pimp.gif

Well we took the loss.

Cutler was absolutely terrible.

Then again everyone on the offense minus Hester was.

I'm very disappointed, but we've still got 15 games to go.

illmatic, I finally got that view...we were not going to go undefeated anyways. It just hurts more b/c of how we lost and who we lost to. Losing urlacher isjust an even worse topping. I still feel we have an opportunity to compete in the division and can gel as a team. Briggs needs to step into that leadershiprole ASAP.

1 down 15 to go...

Could these past 2 days have gone ANY worse for us???
smh.gif

I wanna see Jamar Williams on the field alot now though, i have a feeling dude will break out, hes got ALOT of talent

our secondary didnt look bad to tell you the truth and its mostly cuz we was getting in the back field so much and not allowing him to have time to pick usapart

Back
Top Bottom