*★*Official Chicago Bears 2009-2010 Thread(4-4)*★* week 10 @49ers

Originally Posted by sjuelz

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Originally Posted by JPZx

Schefter says Derrick Brooks will not sign with Chicago for now.

Did he specifically say that he doesn't want to sign with us or we didn't offer him a contract?
They want to give the younger guys a shot first...i've also heard that they are looking @ Napoleon Harris
im telling you its all about my man Jamar Williams
pimp.gif

big ups to the D they did they thang
i think the D will suprise alot of people this year. With Babich back to just LBs and Lovie doing the defensive play calling and adding Marinellias the DLine coach i think they will be more like they were when we made the superbowl (maybe not AS good) than they were the plast 2 years under Babich
sick.gif

The recievers are so bad. the routes that got run last night were just awful.... just sloppy and unfinished. i would love to see Cutler with a couple of goodwide receivers.

Bears fans, what do you think about the upcoming game. Be honest with me and I'll be honest with you

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Bears fans, what do you think about the upcoming game. Be honest with me and I'll be honest with you
You know, for some reason, I think the Bears will play well, and expect the game to be close. Biggest key in the game , besides Cutler calming thehell down, is the Bears pass rush. If we can pressure Ben like Tenn. did in that first half, then we have a legit shot. Plus, it's our first home game, andSoldier Field is gonna be nutty.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Bears find their WRs catching on[/h1]
Comments

September 18, 2009

BY BRAD BIGGS [email protected]

One game, especially a division loss, won't validate the Bears at wide receiver, but if there was a group that emerged from Sunday's 21-15 loss at Green Bay with upside, it was quarterback Jay Cutler's targets.

The Packers focused on shutting down tight end Greg Olsen, often covering him with cornerback Charles Woodson as the Packers combated the Bears' double-tight-end formations with their nickel defense, opening it up on the outside. The wide receivers accounted for 13 of Cutler's 17 completions and 238 of the 277 yards.

RELATED STORIES
Lance gets a 'C' for 'D'

No big deal for a lot of franchises, but the Bears have been as receiver-starved as they've been quarterback-starved. That's the most yards Bears receivers have combined for since posting 290 in a 2002 overtime win against Detroit.

The Bears' wideouts had just seven receptions in two games against the Packers last season.

''They played about as well a game has been played around here in a long time,'' wide receivers coach Darryl Drake said. ''They didn't have any MAs [missed assignments], you understand that. [Johnny Knox] got in the flow and he played well. He got an opportunity. He took it and ran with it. They didn't break off a single route like some people have said. It was a good effort.''

What the Bears did see was some miscommunication when Cutler left the pocket, and they're hoping to have some scramble rules more clearly defined against the Pittsburgh Steelers this week.

It's progress for a group many have said would benefit from a free-agent addition, but there isn't a lot available, and Devin Aromashodu hasn't gotten his chance yet after missing Week 1 with a strained quadriceps. He and Knox will battle for time as the No. 3 behind Devin Hester and Earl Bennett.

1st id like to say even with all the bad things i seen i really did see alot of good things and as far as i care knox is our number 3 no ifs andsor butts about it
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Bowman to start; Roach, Williams to share playing time[/h3]
By: Larry Mayer | Last Updated: 9/17/2009 5:15 PM

LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Hunter Hillenmeyer won't be the only new starter on defense when the Bears host the defending Super Bowl champion Steelers in Sunday's home opener at Soldier Field.
[table][tr][td]
Bowman_inside102008%281%29.jpg

Bears cornerback Zackary Bowman preserved a win over the Vikings last season with a late interception.[/td] [/tr][/table]Zackary Bowman will replace Nate Vasher at cornerback, while Nick Roach will start but share reps with Jamar Williams at strongside linebacker in place of the injured Pisa Tinoisamoa.
Bowman opened training camp as a starter after leading the Bears in interceptions during OTA workouts. But the 2008 fifth-round pick missed the first three preseason games with a hamstring injury. In his return to action, Bowman intercepted a pass on the first snap of the preseason finale against the Browns.

"Zack Bowman had played as well as anyone throughout the spring," said coach Lovie Smith. "If he hadn't gotten hurt, you never know what would have happened. Zack has earned the right to start opposite Charles [Tillman]."

Bowman appeared in only one game as a rookie last year, recovering a muffed punt for a touchdown and recording a late interception that preserved a win over the Vikings at Soldier Field-after he had sustained a biceps injury that would end his season.

The 6-1, 193-pounder is eager to make his first NFL start Sunday against the Steelers, who boast an excellent tandem of wide receivers in Hines Ward and Super Bowl hero Santonio Holmes.

"I'm excited," Bowman said. "It's a good opportunity. I've been blessed with it and I'm just going to go out there and do my best and try to help this team win."

At strongside linebacker, Roach and Williams will split time in place of Tinoisamoa, who is a week-to-week with a sprained knee he sustained early in Sunday night's season-opening loss in Green Bay.

Roach registered 38 of his 40 tackles last year while starting the final nine games at strongside linebacker, capped by a career-high eight-tackle performance in the season finale at Houston.

After ranking second on the Bears with 15 special-teams tackles last season, Williams earned an opportunity to compete for playing time on defense by excelling during OTA workouts.

"We talked a lot about Jamar in the offseason, and Nick has started here," Smith said. "I just think both of them give us something, so we're going to let both of them play."

my bro had been callin this since mid time last year i know he some where like "
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
"
dmxfury wrote:
i dont feel that this game cant be won this game will be won on turn overs IMO im more worried about you guys run game then your pass but its notsomething huge but we can not let holmes get behind us

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by dmxfury

You know, for some reason, I think the Bears will play well, and expect the game to be close. Biggest key in the game , besides Cutler calming the hell down, is the Bears pass rush. If we can pressure Ben like Tenn. did in that first half, then we have a legit shot. Plus, it's our first home game, and Soldier Field is gonna be nutty.

This plus we have to run the ball more... HAVE TO. Otherwise that linebacking core with just key in on Jay and it will be a very long day. We have to controlParker, and can't allow Ben to just sit in the pocket all day or he's inevitably going to find Ward or Holmes.

Forte needs to get going ASAP...it would be so much better for us if we can get our running game on track because that would help out our offense a lot andhelp us sustain drives. Cutler can't do everything by himself.

cant put it all on forte that line sucks BIG time

i hope its just the 3-4 giving our line problems and once we start playing teams that run the 4-3 that will be fixed

we would have won if he made both or not cuz we was MOVING on that last drive with no problem

http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?post=4494392&name=dickerson_chicago
Aches and pains

Seahawks dealing with injuries as they prepare for the Bears

September 22, 2009, 10:46 AM

By: Jeff Dickerson

Just finished watching all 24 minutes of Seattle head coach Jim Mora Jr.'s news conference from Monday. Obviously, the health of quarterback Matt Hasselbeck (cracked rib) was the main topic, but the Seahawks have a multitude of players dinged up as they prepare to square off against the Chicago Bears.

[+] Enlarge

Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images

Lofa Tatupu's hamstring may affect Seattle's linebacker on Sunday.
Mora confirmed that left tackle Sean Locklear and cornerback Josh Wilson suffered high ankle sprains against the San Francisco 49ers, and that fullback Justin Griffith is dealing with a sprained MCL. The Locklear injury presents a major problem for Mora, considering veteran offensive tackle Walter Jones is working his way back from recent knee surgery. However, Mora is downplaying the significance of having to rush Jones back to the take on the Bears this weekend. "I think that's risky, we'll see where he [Jones] is at the end of the week," said Mora. "We are not going to sacrifice Walter's long-term health or his ability to contribute for the length of the season, because of what happened to Sean. They are two separate entities in my mind." Then there's the status of middle linebacker Lofa Tatupu, who started against the 49ers, but had to leave the game early due to a hamstring injury. "Lofa has got that warrior mentality," said Mora. "He went out and worked before the game, and said he felt good. He was very honest, he said I don't feel great, but I want to play. He went out and he tried, but it was pretty obvious immediately that the tempo of the game, the speed of the game was different than the speed in which you test yourself when warming up.
"He just couldn't go. We'll see where he is this week. Hopefully he didn't make it worse. Hamstrings are tricky, they're hard to predict."
Tatupu's absence opened the door for second-year linebacker David Hawthorne to see some action. Hawthorne, a former teammate of Danieal Manning at Corsicana High School in Texas, recorded six tackles in the losing effort. I saw a few of the local Seattle media members refer to Hawthorne as "The Heater." Not exactly sure why, but it does sound like a pretty cool nickname. We should find out more about Desmond Clark and Pisa Tinoisamoa when the Bears report back to Halas Hall on Wednesday. Considering how well Kellen Davis and Nick Roach performed against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Lovie Smith may not be in a hurry to rush back Clark and Tinoisamoa before they're ready.

Hasselbeck has own ideas

QB says he's 'absolutely hoping' to play Bears

September 21, 2009, 9:12 PM

Some things never change -- every week there's some sort of NFL injury controversy.

Despite suffering a cracked rib Sunday against San Francisco, Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck tells the Seattle Times he might face the Bears defense Sunday.

"I'm absolutely hoping to play," Hasselbeck told the paper. "Absolutely."

"I have definitely felt worse," said Hasselbeck. "What I have is a painful injury, but I have definitely woken up on a Monday feeling worse. I don't feel that bad, and that's very encouraging."

The quarterback also claims to have played with a cracked rib in the past. What would life in the NFL be like without some good 'ol injury speculation?

laugh.gif
he can talk all he want one good hit and that rib is BROKEand he know it which will only make him rush if somebody get close to him lets go bears
pimp.gif

I look for the Bears to get back on track with Forte this week against that sieve of a defense that allowed Gore to run free like a a fat kid locked in a candystore.

Chicago Bears: Defensive end Alex Brown (ankle) didn't practice. Neither did tight end Desmond Clark (ribs) and linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa (knee). Clarkand Tinoisamoa aren't expected to play Sunday at Seattle. Brown's status will be determined later this week.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Chicago Bears: Defensive end Alex Brown (ankle) didn't practice. Neither did tight end Desmond Clark (ribs) and linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa (knee). Clark and Tinoisamoa aren't expected to play Sunday at Seattle. Brown's status will be determined later this week.
If Brown can't play, we should activate Gilbert

Here we are another Sunday. The Bears need to make this a showcase game. I need them to win by 14 points at least. I would feel a lot better about this team ifI saw a 35-10 bear down butt kicking.
Get it done boys!!!

http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?post=4510415&name=dickerson
Not a masterpiece, but good enough

Bears-Seahawks postgame analysis

September 27, 2009, 9:55 PM

SEATTLE -- Lovie Smith put it best: "Every win that I've ever been a part of is pretty."

Smith's assessment is spot-on. Nobody would call the 25-19 win over the Seahawks a masterpiece, but it does show that even when they're not playing their best football, the Bears are still capable of winning games.

"This says a lot about our team," Smith said. "When you're down and things are going against you, they kept fighting. That's what good teams do."

"It's tough; Seattle is a good team," Devin Hester said. "We just showed today that we're capable of playing all four quarters. Coming out of Pittsburgh, and going to play in this tough environment and coming out with a win, that was pretty big for us today."

Many people still refuse to label Hester a true No. 1 wide receiver, but he definitely looked like one late in the fourth quarter, hauling in what proved to be a game-winning 36-yard touchdown pass.

"It was basically a slant call," Hester said. "We knew that we could get them on a quick slant, so we took advantage of it. Jay [Cutler] threw a great ball, the offensive line held up and we got it into the end zone."

"He's shown me something since I first got here," said Cutler about Hester. "When I first got here, they said he didn't know the playbook, he couldn't get in and out of cuts [and] he had trouble catching the ball. All that has been false since day one -- since I first arrived here. He's worked as hard, if not harder, than anybody in that room to get ready for this season."

Hester and Greg Olsen each had five receptions; with Matt Forte catching a team-high six balls. Earl Bennett had an impressive day with four catches for 80 yards, while rookie Johnny Knox scored on a 7-yard touchdown toss. Bottom line: It was another good performance by the receivers/tight ends.

• Hunter Hillenmeyer had his ribs bandaged after the game, after leaving the contest in the third quarter. Strongside linebacker Nick Roach took over for Hillenmeyer in the middle, and finished with seven tackles, including one for a loss.
    "I feel comfortable [playing middle linebacker]," Roach said. "I think the guys trust me. They trust anybody who can show they're calm under pressure. It's a matter of doing your job and following your cues."

Pisa Tinoisamoa ran laps around the field during pregame, so it looks like he might be back soon. Depending on the severity of Hillenmeyer's injury, Smith may have to juggle the linebackers next Sunday versus the Lions. Jamar Williams may also factor into the equation; he split reps with Roach on the strong side until Hillenmeyer's absence also forced him into permanent duty when Roach slid inside.
  • For all his talk leading up to the game, T.J. Houshmandzadeh had only four catches for 35 yards and a fumble.
    "I think our defensive backs did a good job," Lance Briggs said. "They did their talking with the way they played today."

Zack Bowman was credited with a team-high eight tackles, and Charles Tillman stripped Houshmandzadeh to start the third quarter that led to Knox's touchdown. Later, Briggs intercepted Seneca Wallace to set up a Robbie Gould field goal. Just like that, the game's momentum swung, thanks to the takeaways.

"You know Coach [Smith] talked about that [turnovers] at halftime," Adewale Ogunleye said. "He talked about how it's a momentum-builder, and a confidence-builder. We hadn't had any turnovers, and the first drive [to start the second half], we did it. That was good for our defense, to get the wheels turning."
  • Here's the understatement of the year: Qwest Field is loud.
    "It's an extremely difficult place to play," Olsen said. "You do the best job you can. I think for the most part even though we had a couple of penalties here and there, we did a good job lessening the impact of the noise."

The Bears offensive line had its share of struggles. Chris Williams (2) and Frank Omiyale were each whistled for false starts, and yards on the ground were tough to come by. Matt Forte left the game early with a knee injury, but promptly returned. Forte gained only 66 yards on 21 carries.
  • Have to give some kudos to Seattle's David "The Heater" Hawthorne, who filled in at middle linebacker for Lofa Tatupu. Hawthorne was credited with a game-high 16 tackles. He was everywhere, and looks to have a very bright future in the league.
    "I told you he could play," said Danieal Manning -- a former high school teammate of Hawthorne's. "I told you."

He did -- and he was right.

this dude said everything i was thinking about last night
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

[h3]Lovie Smith said Devin Hester should be fine from shoulder-area injury[/h3]
http://addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&pub=chitribhuddleup
Bears coach Lovie Smith said receiver Devin Hester suffered a shoulder-area injury against the Lions and should be fine.

Hester got sandwiched between two defenders following a 2-yard catch in the second quarter. Hester immediately went to the sideline then dropped to his knees. He then went to the locker room and was out for the rest of the game.

Smith was asked if he expected Hester to play against Atlanta on Oct. 18.

``Right now, two weeks away, am I expecting Devin (to play)? Yeah,'' Smith said. ``I'm expecting all of the guys to play right now. We haven't ruled anybody out. I'm pretty excited about having all our guys ready to go the next time we play.''

The Bears have an off week, giving injured players a time to rest. Receiver Johnny Knox injured his right shin and Adrian Peterson suffered an MCL strain in his right knee.

Smith said Knox should be fine. Peterson is out at least 2 to 3 weeks.

Defensive lineman Israel Idonije had his left knee scoped Monday and Smith called it a minor procedure.

"We feel pretty good about him coming back quickly,'' Smith said of Idonije. ``We'll see how it goes. Pretty tough guy. He'll be back out there before long.''

Idonije and Peterson are key figures on special teams. Smith did not announce any immediate plans to fill their roles.

``We have a little bit of time before we play,'' Smith said. ``We're not saying that either guy is out right now. We have a couple of weeks to heal up and go from there.''

Peterson also is an important part of the running game as a short-yardage back. If Peterson is out, Garrett Wolfe would be the primary backup to Matt Forte. The only other running back around is practice squad member Kahlil Bell.

``It would be hard to just go into a game with two running backs on our roster,'' Smith said. ``I'm hoping that we won't get to that point. If we get to that point, you always keep your options open. We have different options at every position right now, so we should be OK.''

The Bears hoped to get linebackers Hunter Hillenmeyer (rib) and Pisa Tinoisamoa (knee) back from injuries after the bye when the team travels to Atlanta
we a lil thin at RB our LB core should be back by then too

I heard Knox talking about his shin, he said, if there were a game today I would be playing at 100%.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

I heard Knox talking about his shin, he said, if there were a game today I would be playing at 100%.
Johnny Knox is a BOSS
pimp.gif

im starting to love this dude no +!@#
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom