Yeezys. Is The Hype Dead?

Yeezy Hype Dead?

• Total voters
Ppl complain about shoes being too limited and complain about raffles and backdooring etc.

Ye tries to break that by making yeezys more available for ppl to buy and now they’re considered dead...

Which one y’all want?

Exaclty. Its like you cant win. I think its more likely his antics why there’s even a question if they’re dead. Because ppl with buy ugly shoes if theres hype. (Balenciaga triple s and gucci sneaker) lol

350's are a beautiful shoe, of course Kanye adds to the hype, but to me the slim silhouette combines with the boost make it a no brainer for me. I can't speak on those hideous 500s or 750s or boots or whatever though.
Co-Sign. The waverunners were ok but I’d attribute that to the colorway more that the shape and design of the sneaker because every other colorway has been pretty bland imo. 500’s are just trash to me (look like variants of a very bad dad shoe). The 350 is a classic sneaker that will stand the test of time even if Adidias or Kanye or both insist on beating them to death. Some will fall short and some will be grails (Just like the Jordan 1, Air Force 1, Nike Dunk, Adidas Stan Smith, Vans Old School, etc).

Last edited:
15 year olds still like them.

From an economics standpoint, I think the newer models will sit on the shelves and only the older colors will retain value.

I know im talking about sneakers but I think it makes sense to be in the General Section. Because of the many possible factors why the Yeezy Hype could be (or not) on the decline.

So many ppl in person and on social media are claiming that Yeezy demand is dead. Especially the 350’s because recent releases ended up sitting. I thought it was because of mass production, and maybe colorways.

I hear A LOT of people saying that yeezys are dead because they are too accessible and not “rare” anymore.
But Jordans re-released countless times and are a staple regardless.

I was able to get the Zebras and Concords absolutely no problem for example.

There could be reasons why Yeezy is on the decline: because of his political views, re-releases killing the resale value, Drake saying “don’t wear no 350’s ‘round me/ checks over stripes” lol etc.

What are ya’ll thoughts on this? Thanks NT fam
giphy.gif

One of the ugliest shoes of all time. I remember when pics first came out, this shoe got killed. It's crazy seeing so many people do a 180 on them and their excuses.

The hype is dead because after a while, trends change and **** loses it's coolness. Plus all the Kanye buffoonery hurts as well.

I'd never wear a pair, they're hideous but I love that they're sitting in the mall. I know Adidas is panicking. Which is why they dropping the super limited pairs next week to try to create some hype.

I don't even mess with Nike like that anymore, but what happened to the rumors about them releasing Yeezy's without Ye's name?

I don't think it's dead. I think they're in the same boat as Jordans. They've increased production and that's great for people who just want to buy the shoe. Adidas will be fine. I see more Adidas(not necessarily Yeezys,but I do see them) on kids feet than I see Jordans/Nike. If I'm being totally honest, I see way more Vans than both of them...

Last edited:
More pairs and rereleasing the same colors. + the price. No one whose buying his shoes cares about hisviews

Also, personally I’m able to separate the art and person. It’s okay to disagree with people and still like them or even their art.

It’s just like how retros used to sell out and now you can get them pretty easily

He was able to breakthrough past the norms of who is interested in kicks and will buy them.

People who never spent more than $100 ate up $220 creams.

I think that’s what he really wanted to achieve. The mass appeal shoe not just a shoe head shoe.

I know people that stopped buying Yeezys cause of what he’s done and say. When they’re not as limited and they’re easily available, makes them lose their “cool” factor. Sales gonna keep slowing down too.

I hope this means I can grab them 3m static’s with ease then , others opinions on what I buy and wear doesn’t affect me in the slightest , I always look great anyway

Yeezy’s are symbolic of adidas in general. Had a nice run but are now regulated to a very far second place behind Nike. Walking through the mall numerous pairs of UBs, NMDs and Yeezys sitting on the shelves. Adidas hedged everything on Boost and while it was successful for a couple of years they had better evolve or they will be right back to where they started pre Boost years / hype.

Never was a big fan of the Yeezys but I did like the first ones - turtle doves I think they were called.

Yeezy’s are symbolic of adidas in general. Had a nice run but are now regulated to a very far second place behind Nike. Walking through the mall numerous pairs of UBs, NMDs and Yeezys sitting on the shelves. Adidas hedged everything on Boost and while it was successful for a couple of years they had better evolve or they will be right back to where they started pre Boost years / hype.

Never was a big fan of the Yeezys but I did like the first ones - turtle doves I think they were called.

Boost is still more comfortable than anything Nike makes.

If you’re into it for the looks, the collaborations, the bright orange tags hanging off your shoes, and being part of the “in crowd” then the adidas/Nike comparison stuff probably matters to you

But if you just want a good pair of comfortable shoes, hit up that adidas outlet and cop some boost.

Nike is severely overpricing their shoes in 2018. I really want a pair of those Nike Air Vapormax joints but there’s no way in ******* hell im paying $190 for them ****s.

But for the price and comfort, Nike doesn’t make anything comparable to boost atm

Resell is dead yes.

Is hype dead? No, I see yeezys EVERYWHERE when I go to malls or the city

Kanye did say everyone getting yeezys

#****TRUMP

350s are definitely dead. I say wear what you like, no matter what people think. But for me, after having 5 colorways, i didn’t see anything special about having 350s. I put them on the same caliber as the Ultraboot and PK NMDs.

You release a few colorways and they retain their demand. But there has been 3 different releases of the Zebras.

Some sneakers can sustain having a plethora of colorways being released and they retain their desirability, such as the Air Jordan 1. But Yeezy 350s will look dated 10 years from now and don’t have that same classic appeal.

There are other factors too, such as Kanye’s political views and his fall from grace as a fashion icon. At one point, Kanye had a huge cult following and everything associated with him had a high value. But recently, Kanye stopped giving a damn about his appearance and stopped putting effort into his style. I actually think his social influence to the youth has been passed off to people like Travis Scott

Back
Top Bottom