Yeezys. Is The Hype Dead?

Yeezy Hype Dead?

• Total voters
The v2 silhouette has been in production since fall 2016. I'm actually impressed that they were able to keep the ball rolling this long.

Boost is still more comfortable than anything Nike makes.

If you’re into it for the looks, the collaborations, the bright orange tags hanging off your shoes, and being part of the “in crowd” then the adidas/Nike comparison stuff probably matters to you

But if you just want a good pair of comfortable shoes, hit up that adidas outlet and cop some boost.

Nike is severely overpricing their shoes in 2018. I really want a pair of those Nike Air Vapormax joints but there’s no way in ****ing hell im paying $190 for them ****s.

But for the price and comfort, Nike doesn’t make anything comparable to boost atm
IMO the Nike react element are 20000x more comfortable than boost

Boost is still more comfortable than anything Nike makes.

If you’re into it for the looks, the collaborations, the bright orange tags hanging off your shoes, and being part of the “in crowd” then the adidas/Nike comparison stuff probably matters to you

But if you just want a good pair of comfortable shoes, hit up that adidas outlet and cop some boost.

Nike is severely overpricing their shoes in 2018. I really want a pair of those Nike Air Vapormax joints but there’s no way in ****ing hell im paying $190 for them ****s.

But for the price and comfort, Nike doesn’t make anything comparable to boost atm
The absolute best shoe Nike makes on a yearly basis is the Pegasus hands down. People use that to run marathons in. They’re also available for under 80 bucks when on sale. Vapormax is a glorified lifestyle shoe. Nobody serious about actual comfort is wearing those

Last edited:
The absolute best shoe Nike makes on a yearly basis is the Pegasus hands down. People use that to run marathons in. They’re also available for under 80 bucks when on sale. Vapormax is not a glorified lifestyle shoe. Nobody serious about actual comfort is wearing those

I’ll check those out. Good looking out.

My main issue with Nike is the pricing jumping higher and higher every time I look for a new pair of shoes. I like low key shoes like those tho. Comfort + availability is what matters to me

IMO the Nike react element are 20000x more comfortable than boost

Them joints ugly tho :lol:

Black joints are decent. If I can get them on sale id cop

My main issue with Nike is the pricing jumping higher and higher every time I look for a new pair of shoes. I like low key shoes like those tho. Comfort + availability is what matters to me

nike got a whole mid level catalog u usually see @ famous footwear.

All they gotta do is make them limited again then all of a sudden “man them joints starting to look hard again”.

Them joints ugly tho :lol:

Black joints are decent. If I can get them on sale id cop
Their best shoes are at 140ish and go on sale all the time. The others are just gimmicks

Americans thought process is always to "one up" another. It is what it is...

People always complain about not getting their pair cause they sold out.

But with a wider release they get upset that every other person in the world with the same thought ended up being able to get a pair.

So lame.

in the demographic that they matter to (hypebeasts and dopeboys who couldnt give less of a damn about a kanye or a MAGA but they cost 200-300 bucks)

no.

and personally, the 2012 concord release and being broke in general made me fall back from shoes overall, but I might jump back in for the high top Yeezy basketball shoes. The ones that look like the jordan XX2’s or XX3’s with the swirly pattern and icy sole. those are cold as hell. so even better if his MAGAntics got them sitting.

also if he never sells another shoe again its surreal that he basically “sampled” the Roshe and history will remember that silhouette as his innovation.

Ehh. Nike I still shook at the ground adidas made since ye crossed over.

The inner city and burbs are flooded with people wearing adidas. This wasn't the case before ye crossed over.

if u remember how the under 25 generation looked at adidas outside of heritage shoes like the superstars and stan smith then its clear that adidas won this decade simply for rejuvenating their image thru kanye and other celebrities

nobody was wearing adidas like that outside of the shoes that popped in the 80’s and the kobes. under 25 so dont tell me about u wearing kicks u had in high school.

Adidas didn’t make up any ground. It comes and goes in waves. Was the same was a couple decades ago. Nike is a long way from being touched by anyone.

Adidas still granny shifting

Adidas didn’t make up any ground. It comes and goes in waves. Was the same was a couple decades ago. Nike is a long way from being touched by anyone.

Adidas still granny shifting

so in other words kanye and other celebrities put adidas back in the conversation for the first time since the 80’s...

:lol:

I’m not going to front though, when Kanye was at his apex style and music wise, both of his Nike releases, and the Louis releases where A1 in my opinion. Him falling off was due to his personal decisions and choices. He’s still a legend, don’t get it twisted, nobody can take away his accomplishments, we’re not haters on here. He made history from a shoe/style standpoint in terms of having a major influence on what the youths liked at his peak. But from a style standpoint, he peaked around the second Nike release, and Louis release.

The hype followed to adidas, but the energy/music/shoe designs aren’t on the same level as it once was. The only thing I don’t like about his adidas releases are that they look like Running shoes, or either dad shoes, which I’m not a fan of. Serious question, does any of his shoes have a stitched midsole like the Jordan 1? The only one I can tell by the naked eye is the Louis dons, all of his other releases looks glued on. I’m only asking this question, because his first releases are at a crazy resell price. But it seems like the majority of them are going to have sole seperation down the line, which is crazy when you think about the resell on them.

After having old shoes have sole seperation after so many years. It made appreciate the Jordan 1 a lot, you can practically beat that shoe up for years, then restore the upper, and your good to go. I’m interested in seeing how the Louis Dons age, seeing that their stitched together as well.

so in other words kanye and other celebrities put adidas back in the conversation for the first time since the 80’s...

:lol:
They’ve always been number 2. Maybe with the “cool kids” yeah buts that’s not how it works. Nike’s best selling shoes aren’t anything hyped. It’s a show sold at rack room shoes. I think the adidas superstar is still their top selling shoe.

Boost is selling it that’s not because of Kanye. They’re a legit comfortable shoe. Soccer moms ain’t jumping on them for Kanye

I feel like this conversation is had once every 2 months :lol:

They’ve always been number 2. Maybe with the “cool kids” yeah buts that’s not how it works. Nike’s best selling shoes aren’t anything hyped. It’s a show sold at rack room shoes. I think the adidas superstar is still their top selling shoe.

Boost is selling it that’s not because of Kanye. They’re a legit comfortable shoe. Soccer moms ain’t jumping on them for Kanye

I feel like this conversation is had once every 2 months :lol:

definitely. Nike is probably a ridiculous amount of ahead of adidas...here...

but the moment they’ve had since 2015 brought them at least to a place where its stylish/cool to rock them again

but on the note of Nike’s best sellers not being hyped shoes...dont sleep on the chokehold adidas has on soccer worldwide...im not educated enough on the numbers to claim they are doing better than nike in that department but i remember watching this Steve Stoute ted talk type thing where he broke down a lot as far as Nike stock dropping since 2015 and adidas stock rising and I think he mentions they been going hard in the soccer lane.

interesting times. and honestly nothing is forever. I was born in the mid 90’s and dont give a **** about Michael Jordan, if not completely don’t fw him because of his lack of damns for “us” and the chamillionaire vid :lol:.

definitely. Nike is probably a ridiculous amount of ahead of adidas...here...

but the moment they’ve had since 2015 brought them at least to a place where its stylish/cool to rock them again

but on the note of Nike’s best sellers not being hyped shoes...dont sleep on the chokehold adidas has on soccer worldwide...im not educated enough on the numbers to claim they are doing better than nike in that department but i remember watching this Steve Stoute ted talk type thing where he broke down a lot as far as Nike stock dropping since 2015 and adidas stock rising and I think he mentions they been going hard in the soccer lane.

interesting times. and honestly nothing is forever. I was born in the mid 90’s and dont give a **** about Michael Jordan, if not completely don’t fw him because of his lack of damns for “us” and the chamillionaire vid :lol:.

Nike got Neymar and Ronaldo. Those 2 alone destroy any other endorsements outside of maybe Lebron. Nike futbol got things on lock as far as the higher end is concerned. Soccer is different becuase the budget brands still get their rotations in. Umber and other brands cost so much less and is worn by everyone. Totally different market

But it does matter to you to some extent one way or another. Because the Jordan’s 1-14 is what made Nike the power house that it is today, and will continue to do so, until someone more prolific comes into the shoe industry with as much force as he did. Jordan was the perfect storm for the shoe industry. The best shoe designs, to go along with the best player ever. A major problem with the shoes of today, compared to the 80,s up to like around 2005, was the design of the shoes to be able to be worn off of the court/sport. This is why people keep saying that they liked the first 2 Nike releases Ye released, compared to his adidas releases. Let’s keep it , the 500 and 700 aren’t that appealing to the eye, they’re just releasing 350,s in different colorways with miner changes to the upper over and over. From a style perspective, as much as he praises himself as being the style king, and ahead of everybody else when it comes to fashion, I personally think he’s delusional. He only has influence, what has he done at adidas that has been innovative from a style perspective. If he stays with Nike and releases a few more on the level as his first 2 releasesw

Add on a couple of more Louis releases. Then he could’ve been gaining steam on the what Jordan built. But since he’s delusional, and was worried about money, rather than making history, his brand was to take a decline. Not a decline financially. But a decline in becoming this fashion icon that he always proclaim he is. He was on right road, but he just feel off from being to big heade. To much success and ego will destroy the momentum of what someone can accomplish. Theres certain distractions around him, which is why he can’t jump over the jump man, which is why he hasn’t become the next Louis or Ralph, which is why he has built a new Walt Disney.

His imagination/creativity was once there. But he doesn’t know that the men who made history like those men weren’t distracted mentally. In order to be one of a kind like that. You have to care about nothing but the mission on your. You can’t be worried women (he’s married) (sexual transmutation) (semen retention helps the talented, which they hide), can’t be on meds (stagnates your creative process mentally).

He was most likely doing those things while being naturally talented before he became famous. After the success, he’s been slowly declining in all facets.

Back
Top Bottom