Yeezys. Is The Hype Dead?

Yeezy Hype Dead?

• Total voters
they had a good 3 year stretch..tops.

just in the sense of them starting the 2020’s in an infinitely better position than they started the 2010’s.

Of course Nike is Nike for the foreseeable future.

How are yeezy’s and Air Jordan’s being put in the same convo? Kanye at his peak was rocking more Air Jordan’s than even his own kicks. There isn’t even a comparison. Not even close

the fact that he’s a rapper that people have to shoo out of this conversation like a roach (against the greatest athlete and marketing run of our time) is accomplishment enough

The absolute best shoe Nike makes on a yearly basis is the Pegasus hands down. People use that to run marathons in. They’re also available for under 80 bucks when on sale. Vapormax is a glorified lifestyle shoe. Nobody serious about actual comfort is wearing those

You’ve never worn the Vapormax Plus, have you? EASILY the most comfy Nike shoe I’ve worn in awhile. By a landslide.

You’ve never worn the Vapormax Plus, have you? EASILY the most comfy Nike shoe I’ve worn in awhile. By a landslide.

Vapormax is new innovation and may not last forever, just like Shox. The Nike Air Pegasus and Vomeros continue to sell extremely well over the years and comfort is nothing less than perfect. I would compare it to the Air Force 1s of running shoes in regards to popularity.

the fact that he’s a rapper that people have to shoo out of this conversation like a roach (against the greatest athlete and marketing run of our time) is accomplishment enough

It’s all hyperbole. Did Kanye even do more for Adidas than Run DMC? Serious question.

No I haven’t but air max (vapor max included) as a whole hasn’t been a legit athletic shoe in decades. They’re a lifestyle shoe at best. Had the OG vapormax. Not uncomfortable but nowhere near the Pegasus in any stretch and the Pegasus isn’t even the most plush shoe they offer.

It’s all hyperbole. Did Kanye even do more for Adidas than Run DMC? Serious question.

its something i feel could go either way bc you have to take into account the before and after of both scenarios.

did run dmc “save” adidas like i’d say kanye, pharrell, etc. collectively helped do?. genuinely asking bc i wasnt around.

I have some fake 350's, because they are the only fakes that com in 14.5,

they are quite nice but def hard to see myself paying retail for the legit ones.

The trump stuff was a serious mis step by Kanye, 48 year old women in West Virgina don't buy yeezy's.

Adidas never needed saving :lol:

yall arent high school/college age bro.

adidas was dead outside of the shell toes and the fashion/hypebeast type crowd (the actual blog not the term for hypey young ******) brought the stan smiths back.

but the dopeboys and just “get fly” under 25 year olds were not copping no Adidas to get fresh before them grey Roshe looking Yeezys came out. and then the human races.

im sure yes on a grand scale they still sold their soccer sneaks, bball shoes and dad shoes but in the urban demographic style wise they were cooked with the hail mary of tryingf to force a Kobe retro every year.

I distinctly remember liking the L train D Rose’s with the AJ4 type strap that 2012 year he was going crazy looking at them on nicekicks and ****** was clowning me in class for wanting any Adidas for outside of ball.

in terms of spending hundreds of dollars on hyped loud shoes 11-20somethings are gonna be your biggest demographic bc they the main ones concerned about keeping up with that ****.

like you said, they make their money mostly from ugly rack room shoes but cultural capital counts for something otherwise there wouldnt be the effort to limit shoes and blah blah blah “the sneaker game”.

As somebody who works in the shoe industry and owns both, Pegasus and Vapormax aren't even anywhere near each other in any aspect.

Pegasus >>>>> Vapormax (any Air Max-based shoe, really). Not even close.

yall arent high school/college age bro.

adidas was dead outside of the shell toes and the fashion/hypebeast type crowd (the actual blog not the term for hypey young *****s) brought the stan smiths back.

but the dopeboys and just “get fly” under 25 year olds were not copping no Adidas to get fresh before them grey Roshe looking Yeezys came out. and then the human races.

im sure yes on a grand scale they still sold their soccer sneaks, bball shoes and dad shoes but in the urban demographic style wise they were cooked with the hail mary of tryingf to force a Kobe retro every year.

I distinctly remember liking the L train D Rose’s with the AJ4 type strap that 2012 year he was going crazy looking at them on nicekicks and *****s was clowning me in class for wanting any Adidas for outside of ball.

in terms of spending hundreds of dollars on hyped loud shoes 11-20somethings are gonna be your biggest demographic bc they the main ones concerned about keeping up with that ****.

like you said, they make their money mostly from ugly rack room shoes but cultural capital counts for something otherwise there wouldnt be the effort to limit shoes and blah blah blah “the sneaker game”.
Have no idea what your stance is based on you agreeing with everything except, just like I said, the only thing that’s changed is the “cool kids” want to wear the stuff now :lol:

Adidas was fine before and will be fine after yeezy

Like Mark Anthony just said. You need a cool / it factor to keep up the momentum of your influence in the industry. Ye is the complete opposite of what he once was, add on the trump support, it’s a recipe for disaster. He use to be a trendsetter, meaning he made certain style cool, while people followed.

Trendsetters don’t follow what everybody else is doing. He dresses like a older version of uzi vert/xxx/new young rapper = chokers,dyed hair,etc. Trendsetters set trends. A trendsetter today wouldn’t even be dressing like how the majority of everybody is dressing today. They do the opposite while everybody else follows. He’s basically surviving off of the influence he created from the past.

Vapormax is new innovation and may not last forever, just like Shox. The Nike Air Pegasus and Vomeros continue to sell extremely well over the years and comfort is nothing less than perfect. I would compare it to the Air Force 1s of running shoes in regards to popularity.

No I haven’t but air max (vapor max included) as a whole hasn’t been a legit athletic shoe in decades. They’re a lifestyle shoe at best. Had the OG vapormax. Not uncomfortable but nowhere near the Pegasus in any stretch and the Pegasus isn’t even the most plush shoe they offer.

Why are we even talking about Pegasus in a thread about Yeezys? :lol:

VM are more comparable to the 350 V2 in this conversation. Pretty sure nobody is saying that the VM is a performance runner. At least I hope not. :lol:

Btw, the Pegasus are ugly as sin, and have been for as long as I can remember. I’m sure they’re great technical shoes, but yeah, no thanks. Give the VM+ a try....the Cushlon makes a world of difference in comfort.

I dont Think there dead because they are releasing more at a time , more so because they are realessing 2 colors a month of the same shoe...... then rereleasing the same colors over and over.

It’s cool the shoe is more obtainable but don’t flood the market. Needs to find some balance

But it does matter to you to some extent one way or another. Because the Jordan’s 1-14 is what made Nike the power house that it is today, and will continue to do so, until someone more prolific comes into the shoe industry with as much force as he did. Jordan was the perfect storm for the shoe industry. The best shoe designs, to go along with the best player ever. A major problem with the shoes of today, compared to the 80,s up to like around 2005, was the design of the shoes to be able to be worn off of the court/sport. This is why people keep saying that they liked the first 2 Nike releases Ye released, compared to his adidas releases. Let’s keep it , the 500 and 700 aren’t that appealing to the eye, they’re just releasing 350,s in different colorways with miner changes to the upper over and over. From a style perspective, as much as he praises himself as being the style king, and ahead of everybody else when it comes to fashion, I personally think he’s delusional. He only has influence, what has he done at adidas that has been innovative from a style perspective. If he stays with Nike and releases a few more on the level as his first 2 releasesw
Well said man. You make a lot of valid points about Nike and specifically about Kanye having more influence than anything else in regard to his design, popularity or sales with his shoes/clothes. And his personal style is most definitely weird.

I definitely agree that the 500's are pretty hideous, and although I don't really care for them enough to buy a pair, this new static colorway with the V2 700 is probably the best looking colorway to date in my opinion.
I have to admit though that I'd love to own a pair of 350 bred's. I'm hoping they do a restock on them. Other than that I've always been Nike/Jordan everything if possible.

Can you imagine if Tinker was never hired to design ? I thought I heard that the Jordan 3 was the shoe that kept Jordan with Nike.

Tinker has designed some sick shoes and the story or stories behind designing the Jordan 11 and certain colorways is a good one.

I think his antics when he said slavery was a choice, and the trump support has hurt his brand way more than what y’all are admitting to. Saying and doing the stuff he’s done in the last year will kill anybodies brand. What you say and do goes hand in hand with what your trying to sell and promote. It doesn’t even matter how good your product is. I know people personally who stopped worrying about anything associated with him because of how he’s been acting.

Go watch that Complexcon top 10 shoes of year video. Whenever his shoe came up, the entire crowd was booing him. Clark Kent tried to clean it up by taking up for Ye, sorry homie, the damage is already done. Even after Clark calmed the crowd down, they still booed ye when shoes was brought in the conversation lol.

Boost and Bounce cushioning are comfortable as hell in different ways. They both definitely contributed to Adidas success, especially boost.

I just hate how all of the new basketball signature shoes, even the recent few Jordan releases all look the same. They have thin uppers with a thick rubber like midsoles. All of new basketball shoes look similar in some way, as to where back in the day the shoes had a different design from the outside appearance. I understand these companies are going for performance base, but god the shoes of today are stale in a style/fashion perspective. Tinker could easily be more innovative than what he’s been recently.

Case in point, he helped in the designs of the LeBron Zooms 1-4, which Nike and him didn’t really tell the public. In my opinion those are like the last batch of basketball shoes that looked different from all other shoes from a style look. Now when he designs shoes, you can tell he’s not givin as much freedom as far as look wise, to create a shoe that stands out from what everything else looks like.

Put it this way, put Tinker on this message board, have him throw different drawings/concepts for a new Jordan release, he could still make a classic. These new athletes along with Nike and other brands are strictly executing for performance, not the style and look of the shoe. The downgrade of the effort put into the outside design is what I don’t like about a lot of new athletic shoes.

Why are we even talking about Pegasus in a thread about Yeezys? :lol:

VM are more comparable to the 350 V2 in this conversation. Pretty sure nobody is saying that the VM is a performance runner. At least I hope not. :lol:

Btw, the Pegasus are ugly as sin, and have been for as long as I can remember. I’m sure they’re great technical shoes, but yeah, no thanks. Give the VM+ a try....the Cushlon makes a world of difference in comfort.
Well you jumped into a conversation so I’d hope you at least read up first. VM aren’t even comparable to the yeezys becuase, believe it or not, they were marketed as a performance runner. Yeezys are more like the shoes they copied, the roshes.

Sure maybe they’re “ugly” but that’s subjective so I’ll leave it at that. Naw im good on anything vapormax. 1 pair is more than enough for me

Resell value is not an indication of intrinsic value

They make more pairs of yeezys now and release them more frequently. Adidas is doing just fine.

Once Kanye releases his album and the fake outrage folks stop caring you’ll see resell go back up, along with new silhouettes releasing.

Back
Top Bottom