WWE Tables, Ladders, & Chairs PPV 12/19 - Miz vs Orton | Kane vs Edge vs Mysterio vs Del Rio (p16)

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

- A WWE source indicates that the company has been quietly negotiating with Bill Goldberg in the past few days, after talks about him in creative meetings had died down earlier this month.

Vince McMahon became more interested in Goldberg returning again after Batista indicated that he did not want to return for WrestleMania.

However, Vince doesn’t want Goldberg back just for one-night as the source says Vince is interested in bringing Goldberg back for one year with an option for a second year.
Bill is one of the last big "WCW" grown stars not in TNA or on Vince's poop list, right? Anyone else I'm forgetting/not thinking of?

What the hell?
laugh.gif
Crazy vid.

I'm going to find that ROH PPV right now. Sounded dope.

Fatal 4-Way Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Kane (c) vs. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Edge[/color] vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio

Tables Match for the WWE Championship
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Miz (c)[/color] vs. Randy Orton

Chairs Match
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]John Cena[/color] vs. Wade Barrett

#1 Contender's Ladder Match
Sheamus vs. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]John Morrison[/color]

Triple Threat Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Kofi Kingston[/color] vs. Jack Swagger

Divas Tag Team Table Match
Lay-Cool vs. Beth Phoenix and Divas Champion Natalya

Fatal 4-Way Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Kane (c) vs. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Edge[/color] vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio

Chairs Match

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Kofi Kingston[/color] vs. Jack Swagger

Originally Posted by solidsnake

Kane (c) vs. Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio

Chairs Match

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger

Originally Posted by solidsnake

Kane (c) vs. Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio

Chairs Match

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger

I'm not in a good mood right now.  WWE's second annual Tables, Ladders, & Chairs PPV is tonight.  Despite having four weeks to build this show, they only used two weeks to put matches together.  And the majority of time was based around the dumbfoundingly bad Cena being fired angle.  Unlike last year, every match on tonight's show is a stipulation match.  WWE looked to be going in the right direction (well, with Raw anyway) until this past Monday's 3 hour Slammy edition of Raw which was just terrible.  WWE is producing way too much TV right now, and it's clearly hurting their product.  Three 3 hour Raws in five weeks.  PPVs.  Smackdown.  NXT.  Superstars.  Tribute to the Troops.  It's just too much.  You can't reasonably expect to build anything when some weeks you're putting on 10 hours of first run television.

Dave Laguna, ex WWE writer and current ROH writer, made an excellent point during an interview this week.  The reason UFC can get away with the same amount if not more PPVs than WWE is because they have enough big stars to headline these shows.  That means you can hold off guys like Lesnar, GSP, Silva, etc for maybe just 2-3 matches a year, and every time they fight, it feels special and is a reason for you to spend your money.  But if Lesnar was fighting 14 times a year, there would be no reason to pay to see him every month because if you missed it a time or two, you knew you could always just catch it the next time.  You have to build shows to make fans want to see something, and the promotion has to give a compelling reason to make them spend their money.  Laguna said Papa Briscoe was only on television four times, FOUR, for the entire build to last night's match.  And that is building over a series of months, not weeks.  Imagine if Cena was only on television once or twice a month.  The anticipation to see him on PPV would be huge.  But when he's in a PPV level main event almost every week on Raw, there is just no reason to pay for him.  Plus, the same 4-5 guys headline every single PPV against each other, there is just no reason to pay to see it.  The Miz feels fresh, but for the most part, it's more of the same.  Especially since WWE focused far more on Cena/Barrett than Miz/Orton.

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Kofi Kingston vs Jack Swagger - Triple Threat Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship

This should be a fun match, maybe the best match of the night.  I rank Swagger as a decided underdog based on his grasping ability at the top of a ladder that we saw at WrestleMania.  I really don't watch Smackdown, so I don't know who is being pushed here, but I know Ziggler has been the champ for a long time, so a match like this seems like a good time to switch the belt.  Although I do wish they went back to the plan of possibly unifying the Intercontinental and US Titles so we could have more Ziggler/Bryan matches.  I don't see the belt going from one heel to another, so I'll go with Kofi getting the win.

Prediction: Kofi Kingston - New Intercontinental Champion

Sheamus vs John Morrison - Ladder Match

So what exactly are these two climbing to get?  There's no belt involved.  There's no title contract involved.  Maybe Sheamus's crown will be hung over the ring.  You would expect Morrison to hit at least one big spot involving the ladder.  However, it only makes sense for Sheamus to get the win since he's the King of the Ring, and they are likely building to a Sheamus/HHH match at The Rumble.

Prediction: Sheamus

Natalya & Beth Phoenix vs LayCool - Tables Match

I don't know if one or both teammates have to go through the table.  I would hope only one.  There have been teases of a possible Beth Phoenix heel turn, so this would make sense as she could put Natalya through the table in what would be an impressive Divas spot.  It's going to be painful watching this match after seeing the women's ROH match last night.

Prediction: LayCool

Wade Barrett vs John Cena - Chairs Match

I'm not even going to bother with the whole Cena firing/reinstating angle.  All we need to be concerned with is Barrett reinstating Cena was contingent on the ever dreaded CHAIRS MATCH!!! that they'll be having tonight.  So yes, this is a match where chairs are legal, but all other foreign objects are still against the rules.  I won't kid myself thinking Barrett's going to win.   This is WWE.  Cena hasn't wrestled on a PPV in months, so he's winning, and winning big tonight.

Prediction: John Cena

Kane (c) vs Edge vs Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio - Fourway Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

The reason the Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio Ladder Match was removed from the card was that they were afraid there would not be enough time on the card for the additional match.  So the two were brought into the TLC match between Kane and Edge.  I and many others have expressed our hatred of the Kane/Edge/Bearer program that has gone on forever.  It has been horrible, illogical, and plain stupid.  And it's not like the two were having good matches to redeem the angle.  Their matches have been even worse.  Kane needs to drop the title because he has had two straight LONG awful programs with Undertaker and Edge.  You can't have someone this bad continue to headline shows.  Edge would be better, but I just have the feeling that with Del Rio being brought into this match, he's going to win the title.  Yes, he's very new, but does it even matter anymore?  It's not like the title really means anything.  You can then have Del Rio and Mysterio feud over the title, and let Kane and Edge go on to whatever's next.  Everyone except Kane should be good in this match, so it may be the first good Smackdown main event we've had in nearly half a year.

Prediction: Alberto Del Rio - New World Heavyweight Champion

The Miz (c) vs Randy Orton - Tables Match for the WWE Championship

Did you see last year's TLC show with Sheamus vs Cena in a tables match?  Well, I would basically expect the same exact thing here.  Miz is the champ.  They don't want Orton to job. So they have a tables match where Orton can fall through a table in a flukey way.  It's The Miz's first time headlining a PPV.  I'm sure he'll do fine.  The question is, is Orton the best person for him to work with?  We saw what happened when Sheamus had to headline with Orton.  The matches were awful.  Orton cannot carry matches.  He doesn't necessarily need to be carried, but he can not be dictating the pace.  Anyway, Orton's neck is hurting, and he may need a bit of time off, so we'll see if there is any injury angle.  I can't imagine WWE keeping him out long unless he is really banged up.  The Miz will win.

Prediction: The Miz - Retains WWE Championship

The PPV should be decent to good.  Excluding the divas, there isn't a match that doesn't have potential.  But as always, when you try to do these hardcore stipulation matches in a PG universe, often times the matches fall flat.

I'm not in a good mood right now.  WWE's second annual Tables, Ladders, & Chairs PPV is tonight.  Despite having four weeks to build this show, they only used two weeks to put matches together.  And the majority of time was based around the dumbfoundingly bad Cena being fired angle.  Unlike last year, every match on tonight's show is a stipulation match.  WWE looked to be going in the right direction (well, with Raw anyway) until this past Monday's 3 hour Slammy edition of Raw which was just terrible.  WWE is producing way too much TV right now, and it's clearly hurting their product.  Three 3 hour Raws in five weeks.  PPVs.  Smackdown.  NXT.  Superstars.  Tribute to the Troops.  It's just too much.  You can't reasonably expect to build anything when some weeks you're putting on 10 hours of first run television.

Dave Laguna, ex WWE writer and current ROH writer, made an excellent point during an interview this week.  The reason UFC can get away with the same amount if not more PPVs than WWE is because they have enough big stars to headline these shows.  That means you can hold off guys like Lesnar, GSP, Silva, etc for maybe just 2-3 matches a year, and every time they fight, it feels special and is a reason for you to spend your money.  But if Lesnar was fighting 14 times a year, there would be no reason to pay to see him every month because if you missed it a time or two, you knew you could always just catch it the next time.  You have to build shows to make fans want to see something, and the promotion has to give a compelling reason to make them spend their money.  Laguna said Papa Briscoe was only on television four times, FOUR, for the entire build to last night's match.  And that is building over a series of months, not weeks.  Imagine if Cena was only on television once or twice a month.  The anticipation to see him on PPV would be huge.  But when he's in a PPV level main event almost every week on Raw, there is just no reason to pay for him.  Plus, the same 4-5 guys headline every single PPV against each other, there is just no reason to pay to see it.  The Miz feels fresh, but for the most part, it's more of the same.  Especially since WWE focused far more on Cena/Barrett than Miz/Orton.

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Kofi Kingston vs Jack Swagger - Triple Threat Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship

This should be a fun match, maybe the best match of the night.  I rank Swagger as a decided underdog based on his grasping ability at the top of a ladder that we saw at WrestleMania.  I really don't watch Smackdown, so I don't know who is being pushed here, but I know Ziggler has been the champ for a long time, so a match like this seems like a good time to switch the belt.  Although I do wish they went back to the plan of possibly unifying the Intercontinental and US Titles so we could have more Ziggler/Bryan matches.  I don't see the belt going from one heel to another, so I'll go with Kofi getting the win.

Prediction: Kofi Kingston - New Intercontinental Champion

Sheamus vs John Morrison - Ladder Match

So what exactly are these two climbing to get?  There's no belt involved.  There's no title contract involved.  Maybe Sheamus's crown will be hung over the ring.  You would expect Morrison to hit at least one big spot involving the ladder.  However, it only makes sense for Sheamus to get the win since he's the King of the Ring, and they are likely building to a Sheamus/HHH match at The Rumble.

Prediction: Sheamus

Natalya & Beth Phoenix vs LayCool - Tables Match

I don't know if one or both teammates have to go through the table.  I would hope only one.  There have been teases of a possible Beth Phoenix heel turn, so this would make sense as she could put Natalya through the table in what would be an impressive Divas spot.  It's going to be painful watching this match after seeing the women's ROH match last night.

Prediction: LayCool

Wade Barrett vs John Cena - Chairs Match

I'm not even going to bother with the whole Cena firing/reinstating angle.  All we need to be concerned with is Barrett reinstating Cena was contingent on the ever dreaded CHAIRS MATCH!!! that they'll be having tonight.  So yes, this is a match where chairs are legal, but all other foreign objects are still against the rules.  I won't kid myself thinking Barrett's going to win.   This is WWE.  Cena hasn't wrestled on a PPV in months, so he's winning, and winning big tonight.

Prediction: John Cena

Kane (c) vs Edge vs Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio - Fourway Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

The reason the Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio Ladder Match was removed from the card was that they were afraid there would not be enough time on the card for the additional match.  So the two were brought into the TLC match between Kane and Edge.  I and many others have expressed our hatred of the Kane/Edge/Bearer program that has gone on forever.  It has been horrible, illogical, and plain stupid.  And it's not like the two were having good matches to redeem the angle.  Their matches have been even worse.  Kane needs to drop the title because he has had two straight LONG awful programs with Undertaker and Edge.  You can't have someone this bad continue to headline shows.  Edge would be better, but I just have the feeling that with Del Rio being brought into this match, he's going to win the title.  Yes, he's very new, but does it even matter anymore?  It's not like the title really means anything.  You can then have Del Rio and Mysterio feud over the title, and let Kane and Edge go on to whatever's next.  Everyone except Kane should be good in this match, so it may be the first good Smackdown main event we've had in nearly half a year.

Prediction: Alberto Del Rio - New World Heavyweight Champion

The Miz (c) vs Randy Orton - Tables Match for the WWE Championship

Did you see last year's TLC show with Sheamus vs Cena in a tables match?  Well, I would basically expect the same exact thing here.  Miz is the champ.  They don't want Orton to job. So they have a tables match where Orton can fall through a table in a flukey way.  It's The Miz's first time headlining a PPV.  I'm sure he'll do fine.  The question is, is Orton the best person for him to work with?  We saw what happened when Sheamus had to headline with Orton.  The matches were awful.  Orton cannot carry matches.  He doesn't necessarily need to be carried, but he can not be dictating the pace.  Anyway, Orton's neck is hurting, and he may need a bit of time off, so we'll see if there is any injury angle.  I can't imagine WWE keeping him out long unless he is really banged up.  The Miz will win.

Prediction: The Miz - Retains WWE Championship

The PPV should be decent to good.  Excluding the divas, there isn't a match that doesn't have potential.  But as always, when you try to do these hardcore stipulation matches in a PG universe, often times the matches fall flat.

anyone here starting to lose interest in wrestling ?????????????????????????

Well yeah, everything seems so vanilla right now.

I'll never lose complete interest but right now, I don't care for catching every show like I used to.

Well yeah, everything seems so vanilla right now.

I'll never lose complete interest but right now, I don't care for catching every show like I used to.

It's been about a month since I watched any wrestling.

WWE is coming here to Tampa in May for their first PPV since 2000 and I have no plans to go.

It's been about a month since I watched any wrestling.

WWE is coming here to Tampa in May for their first PPV since 2000 and I have no plans to go.

Back
Top Bottom