Wrestling Thread May 13-19 | 5/19 WWE Extreme Rules PPV Prediction Contest Now Open!

Didn't think RAW was terrible tbh. Was pretty boring though.

If I'm Cesaro, I'm asking for my release soon.

On another note...anyone think D-Bry will win the Rumble next year? Kinda seems like the Royal Rumble is now a way to re-push a former world champion.

Last nights RAW was absolutley F**ckn terrible. Can't stand Super Cena. The product went down when he became the #1 man in WWE.

The lurker in the background may as well be me
Wonder if Big E. got a handful?
nerd.gif

And dat jiggle is in full effect in that AJ/Nattie gif.
pimp.gif

mean.gif
@ that news about Cesaro.

Dude is nothing short of impressive in pretty much any match he has. Seemed destined to be a fixture in the main event picture, but he jobs to Kofi and Orton now because he's "boring".

What do you expect when you saddle him with such superb gimmicks as saying *random word* in five different languages or yodeling?
eyes.gif

Didn't think RAW was terrible tbh. Was pretty boring though.

If I'm Cesaro, I'm asking for my release soon.

On another note...anyone think D-Bry will win the Rumble next year? Kinda seems like the Royal Rumble is now a way to re-push a former world champion.
i hope dbry does win. i was hoping he would win it this year after that embarrassing match he had last year.

i dont get it either he has the physique that vince loves and can actually wrestle maybe he should lift with triple h and get the sheamus treatment 

Meanwhile, in Gaysylvania, "Two men. Bound by a 12 foot strap. Let the strapping begin!" Yeah, so those of you who have a challenging time trying to convince your non-wrestling fan friends that this stuff isn't devilishly homoerotic...don't show them a Strap Match.  Or Sheamus looking at two straps and grinning.  Thinking of how he's now doubled his pleasure.  There's just no way to call this match without sounding like a parade in the West Village.  So my solution is to just gay it up as much as possible.  Go all the way.  Have the guys walk out to Judy Garland songs.  Involve lots of oils.  And those who don't like it can use the time to go to the bathroom.  And have gay sex.

For the local NY fans:

THE CHAMP IS HERE!

John Cena
comes to Brooklyn
for the first time ever as
WWE Champion.

What will he have in store for the live crowd on this historic night when
Monday Night RAW
debuts at
the Barclays Center?

Plus See Your Favorite
WWE Superstars!

“The Viper”
RANDY ORTON

“The Celtic Warrior”
SHEAMUS

“Y2J”
CHRIS JERICHO

World Heavyweight Champion
DOLPH ZIGGLER

“The Unstoppable”
RYBACK

“The World’s Largest Athlete”
BIG SHOW

"The Pride of Mexico"
ALBERTO DEL RIO

THE SHIELD

“The World’s Strongest Man”
MARK HENRY

And many more.

Special Internet-Only Pre-Sale Opportunity

Starts
Thursday, May 16 at 10:00AM
Until
Friday, May 17 at 10:00PM

available through:
ticketmaster.com

Use Password
RAWBK

DA MELTZ was in the NYT today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/s...al.html?smid=tw-nytmedia&seid=auto&_r=4&&_r=0

As much as I **** on the Meltz about his match ratings, I respect his writing.

Most dirtsheet writers today aren't like Meltzer in that they're not avid wrestling fans who respect the business and have a background in legitimate journalism. Most of them just seem to enjoy stirring up **** by reporting plausible theories as fact out of a desire to attach themselves to the business.

Anyways..Pretty decent article.

I give it 4/5 stars.

For the local NY fans:

THE CHAMP IS HERE!

John Cena
comes to Brooklyn
for the first time ever as
WWE Champion.

What will he have in store for the live crowd on this historic night when
Monday Night RAW
debuts at
the Barclays Center?

Plus See Your Favorite
WWE Superstars!

“The Viper”
RANDY ORTON

“The Celtic Warrior”
SHEAMUS

“Y2J”
CHRIS JERICHO

World Heavyweight Champion
DOLPH ZIGGLER

“The Unstoppable”
RYBACK

“The World’s Largest Athlete”
BIG SHOW

"The Pride of Mexico"
ALBERTO DEL RIO

THE SHIELD

“The World’s Strongest Man”
MARK HENRY

And many more.

Special Internet-Only Pre-Sale Opportunity

Starts
Thursday, May 16 at 10:00AM
Until
Friday, May 17 at 10:00PM

available through:
ticketmaster.com

Use Password
RAWBK
which night is this raw showing?

He needs a mouthpiece. And thats not to say he can't cut a promo but he needs a manager to enhance him somehow.

I just don't get how they say he's boring. I swear to god I never even heard Benoit speak until his main event run against HHH and HBK, but they gave that guy a run and it worked.

He needs a mouthpiece. And thats not to say he can't cut a promo but he needs a manager to enhance him somehow.

I just don't get how they say he's boring. I swear to god I never even heard Benoit speak until his main event run against HHH and HBK, but they gave that guy a run and it worked.
I think that would work.   WWE needs to bring in more managers.    I think Cesaro would be better turning face.   I don't understand how they find him boring yet they like Orton, Sheamus, The Miz, Kofi Kingston, etc...

There is talk of Big E wrestling Mark Henry in a "Battle of the Strongmen" at SummerSlam.

I'm all for this since it would be a new feud and it could get Big E over as a main event headliner.

Christian is expected to be back after Extreme Rules.   He has been cleared to wrestle for  months now but his return has been delayed due to the creative team not having anything for him 
mean.gif

When Evan Bourne is able to return full time WWE is thinking of pairing him with Sin Cara as a new tag team.

Last edited:
- The idea with the Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio contenders match at Extreme Rules is that the winner will get their World Heavyweight Title shot on RAW as soon as Dolph Ziggler is able to compete. That way, everything will be back on track for the next pay-per-view.

- Evan Bourne is still a ways away from returning after he had a match at developmental and it was decided he’s not ready, as noted before. There is talk of putting Bourne with Sin Cara as a tag team.

- It was noted before that Paul Bearer is already confirmed for the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame in association with WrestleMania XXX in New Orleans.

WWE’s plan has always been for Bearer and The Undertaker to be inducted at the same time so it will be interesting to see if Taker gets inducted next year as well. Apparently there is some consideration.

Another name being considered for induction next year is Jake “The Snake” Roberts.

Back
Top Bottom