Wrestling Thread May 13-19 | 5/19 WWE Extreme Rules PPV Prediction Contest Now Open!

RAW was insanely bad last night.

It's honestly mind boggling to me that they are okay with putting this product out on a weekly basis. How in the world does this make sense in the writers room...how does Vince okay this? **** does HHH okay this?

Why is there no continuity and fun storylines? How hard is it to make fresh, entertaining stories. New matches, new fueds...c'mon...give me a break. This mundane weekly garbage has to stop.

Like I said last week.  It doesn't matter how many good/great matches you have.  If you always lose, you're a loser.  It happened to Wade Barrett.  Now it's happening to an even more talented Cesaro.
I thought they were gon' do Cesaro good, but I guess you were right and it looks like they are going down the Barrett route with him. They just can seem to grasp what they have in Cesaro
mean.gif

Meltzer said last night that the bloom is already off the rose of Cesaro from his awesome matches with Kofi and Orton on Main Event.  Those in charge see him as "boring" and a guy who can't draw ratings.

Like I said last week.  It doesn't matter how many good/great matches you have.  If you always lose, you're a loser.  It happened to Wade Barrett.  Now it's happening to an even more talented Cesaro.

I thought they were gon' do Cesaro good, but I guess you were right and it looks like they are going down the Barrett route with him. They just can seem to grasp what they have in Cesaro :smh:

Meltzer said last night that the bloom is already off the rose of Cesaro from his awesome matches with Kofi and Orton on Main Event.  Those in charge see him as "boring" and a guy who can't draw ratings.

:smh: at WWE

- Austin Aries will be disciplined for his public form of sexual harassment towards TNA Wrestling ring announcer Christy Hemme on last Thursday’s episode of Impact Wrestling. Mark Madden of WrestleZone.com garnered a statement from David Schwarz, Senior Vice President of Communications for Spike TV, regarding the matter Tuesday.

“We have a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment,” said Schwarz. “We discussed [the incident] with our partner. [Aries is] being disciplined. I’m trying to get more information on what action is being taken. Dixie Carter took this very personally. He will be disciplined. Again, we have a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment.

“I’m not sure specifically how [the discipline] will be handled. To what extent, I don’t know. This is certainly something we don’t condone and don’t tolerate. Such behavior is not welcome.”

In response to whether Aries’ discipline should be made public since Hemme was harassed on national television, Schwarz responded, “I think that a statement of some sort will be coming. That’s being worked out. But immediate action will be taken.”

On the show, Hemme mistakenly introduced Aries and tag team partner Bobby Roode as their opponents for the evening, Christopher Daniels and Kazarian. This led Aries to corner the inaugural winner of WWE’s Diva Search in the ring as he intimidated her into correctly introducing him before climbing onto a second-level turnbuckle and shoving his groin near her face.

Following the show, Hemme voiced her displeasure with Aries’ actions via Twitter, deeming it “unacceptable.” Late Saturday night, Aries appeared to address the incident though the social networking outlet, writing, “Pretty nuts, some of the junk people get the balls to say over the net, knowing they couldn’t to your face…Eh, anyway, time to sack out.”
Extremely poor on TNA's part that SpikeTV is issuing the first statement before TNA.

So they think Cesaro is boring, but give us Sheamus and orton as champs...

They finally get two big guys that can work with anyone (Cesaro and Ohno) and they think one is boring and the other isn't good enough to move up to main roster. Vince really is as out of it as the world speculates

watching raw on dvr and the damn wwe app is annoying . also big e needs a kurt angle singlet 
sick.gif

-- Wife Swap with Roddy Piper and Ric Flair airs June 23rd on ABC at 8 PM. That'll be something to see. Flair isn't married, by the way, so it's a wife/girlfriend swap.

Raw last night did about 4.05 million viewers.

The slight increase in viewership coincided with a dip in the NBA playoff ratings as compared to last week.

Viewership was 3%, with a strong third hour and steady growth, hurt by a weak opening hour.  It was the second lowest number this year, but given competition, that was widely expected going.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.79 million viewers

9 p.m. 4.10 million viewers

10 p.m. 4.25 million viewers

The one-sided Miami Heat vs. Chicago Bulls game did 4.87 million, down 12% from the same game last week.  The OK City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies game did 5.04 million viewers, also down from the second game last week.

The rating wouild be expected to fall between a 2.8 and 3.0.

Chavo Guerrero has chimed in on the Austin Aries/Christy Hemme situation, and the report that Mark Madden posted where he got quotes from a Spike TV Executive. Here is what Guerrero posted on Twitter…

Great Job @MarkMaddenX for watering down wrestling even more. God forbid that a wrestler breaks out of the typical mold of being so scared

To show his personality on TV. U must've been going crazy during the "attitude era" with every cutting edge thing that Vince did!

& for the record, I saw Hemme after that segment, & she didn't look bothered at all. Just saying...I was there

I'm the 1st one to stick up for women's rights....but I stick up for EVERYONE's rights. Men, women, children & animals!

Here's the entire report:

- After holding the United States Championship for 240 days through last month when he was upended by Kofi Kingston, Antonio Cesaro’s standing in WWE has been greatly curtailed as the Swiss grappler has lost the majority of his televised matches. For those wondering whether his demotion is as a result of “heat” backstage, it is not. Rather, top WWE officials simply feel he lacks personality.

While addressing Cesaro’s current placement in WWE, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio Monday night that company brass believe that the former Ring of Honor standout is “boring,” resulting in his slide down the card. Some in WWE, however, are not in favor of the demotion, and believe Cesaro should be a headliner.

While Cesaro engaged in a match with Kingston two weeks on WWE Main Event that was well-received by management, it failed to alter his standing in the organization. Meltzer noted, “They don’t see him any higher than they did two weeks ago. There was lip service paid there for a week or two, but it’s over now.”

Here's the entire report:

- After holding the United States Championship for 240 days through last month when he was upended by Kofi Kingston, Antonio Cesaro’s standing in WWE has been greatly curtailed as the Swiss grappler has lost the majority of his televised matches. For those wondering whether his demotion is as a result of “heat” backstage, it is not. Rather, top WWE officials simply feel he lacks personality.

While addressing Cesaro’s current placement in WWE, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio Monday night that company brass believe that the former Ring of Honor standout is “boring,” resulting in his slide down the card. Some in WWE, however, are not in favor of the demotion, and believe Cesaro should be a headliner.

While Cesaro engaged in a match with Kingston two weeks on WWE Main Event that was well-received by management, it failed to alter his standing in the organization. Meltzer noted, “They don’t see him any higher than they did two weeks ago. There was lip service paid there for a week or two, but it’s over now.”

Too bad Cesaro doesn't walk around with Little Jimmy :smh:

Back
Top Bottom