Wrestling Thread Mar 11-24 | 3/18 RAW - HHH Responds to Brock | Punk Still Has Taker's Urn

This topic is always discussed on the MLW Podcast. If it weren't for these past stars, where would WWE? But they believe the reason it is hard to make stars is because wrestlers no longer have history behind them when they come onto the scene. Back in the day, when we had other competition, a wrestler would have made his mark in NWA, World Class, AWA, or in other regions BEFORE he came to WWF. So folks knew who he was. Now, folks have no history. And there really aren't many people in the locker room that have a lot of experience.

This topic is always discussed on the MLW Podcast. If it weren't for these past stars, where would WWE? But they believe the reason it is hard to make stars is because wrestlers no longer have history behind them when they come onto the scene. Back in the day, when we had other competition, a wrestler would have made his mark in NWA, World Class, AWA, or in other regions BEFORE he came to WWF. So folks knew who he was. Now, folks have no history. And there really aren't many people in the locker room that have a lot of experience.
Hmm never though about that. Only big dudes with previous history in other companies is D-Bry and Punk. Both killed it in ROH 

There are still guys coming up that have history with other companies, but it seems like it's only the IWC that knows/cares about them.

There are still guys coming up that have history with other companies, but it seems like it's only the IWC that knows/cares about them.
But those other companies are NOTHING compared to what MAJOR companies were back in the 80s and early 90s.

ROH is still a small company anyway you look at it.

That is like the damn D-League.

But those other companies are NOTHING compared to what MAJOR companies were back in the 80s and early 90s.

Yes, but that's when you compare it to the territory days.

Today in the world of professional wrestling ROH is like the number 3 company in the US.

But that's also partially Vince's fault..Cause we all know he hates having talent that have made their name elsewhere..And most of the time he buries them because they come from other promotions..And before anyone lists Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, or Booker let's remember they are the exception and not the rule..And most of the guys who have had success before joining WWE have only had success once they arrived because they got themselves over and Vince didn't have much choice but to push them..

^Don't forget Jericho, Eddie, Booker, and Benoit were all buried in some way before Vince let them get to the top. Benoit was probably the least buried of the 4.

But that's also partially Vince's fault..Cause we all know he hates having talent that have made their name elsewhere..And most of the time he buries them because they come from other promotions..And before anyone lists Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, or Booker let's remember they are the exception and not the rule..And most of the guys who have had success before joining WWE have only had success once they arrived because they got themselves over and Vince didn't have much choice but to push them..
Vince can go to hell. Brilliant dude but he has killed/made the business as we know it today. I hate/love the dude man. :smh:

wwe trying to bring back maryse and kelly kelly :nerd:

See I don't get this. They don't use the women they have now properly. Why bring back even more of them so you can not use them AGAIN?! The audacity of them to cut Opening Raw pyro but they are signing ex divas that they blew off in the first place. :smh:

- Regarding the Divas Title match at WrestleMania 29 if there is one, it will likely be Kaitlyn vs. a heel Layla but they may end up doing a multi-Divas match instead. The Kaitlyn vs. Layla feud is in the works.

-Another match planned this week is Fandango vs. Chris Jericho. One possible match is Brodus Clay, Tensai, Cameron and Naomi vs. The Bella Twins, Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow.

:x

You know Jericho would put Faaaaan Daaaaan Goughhh over too.

ROH is like the d-league in terms of exposure. But in terms of talent on their roster, they got WWE beat. You can always expect quality matches from them. Its a blessing if we get one from the E at least once a Raw

ROH is like the d-league in terms of exposure. But in terms of talent on their roster, they got WWE beat. You can always expect quality matches from them. Its a blessing if we get one from the E at least once a Raw
But we have to remember what "quality" means. Yes, they put on quality matches but that is under the ROH Style. That isn't the WWE style. As Konnan always says, great wrestlers have to be deprogrammed when stepping into the WWE ring. Even Punk and Jericho said they struggled learning the WWE Style. Rey too.

I hope that makes sense.

Yes they are better "wrestlers" but we know that isn't enough for the WWE Machine.

I think the best thing for the business would be for a legitimate threat to the WWE empire to arise.

Too bad that will likely never happen.

But we have to remember what "quality" means. Yes, they put on quality matches but that is under the ROH Style. That isn't the WWE style. As Konnan always says, great wrestlers have to be deprogrammed when stepping into the WWE ring. Even Punk and Jericho said they struggled learning the WWE Style. Rey too.

I hope that makes sense.

Yes they are better "wrestlers" but we know that isn't enough for the WWE Machine.
Kinda makes sense. What do you mean by WWE style? What makes their wrestling different than TNAs or ROH? 
nerd.gif

I hope that makes sense.

Kinda makes sense. What do you mean by WWE style? What makes their wrestling different than TNAs or ROH? 
nerd.gif

If i'm not mistaken there's limited movesets one can perform for a few reasons. One, signature move-sets are used to allow viewers to recognize and be familiar with the wrestler. You are getting a very similar product no matter where or when you see the WWE. Also, the move-sets are limited to lessen the risk of injury. It's partially because it save's the wrestler's health in the long run, but more so that Vince protects his investments. The pace is also slower in general compared to everywhere else.

I've also heard it rumored that styles/movesets are limited to protect the top talent from being out-shined by younger dudes who are trying to climb the ladder.

Last edited:
If i'm not mistaken there's limited movesets one can perform for a few reasons. One, signature move-sets are used to allow viewers to recognize and be familiar with the wrestler. You are getting a very similar product no matter where or when you see the WWE. Also, the move-sets are limited to lessen the risk of injury. It's partially because it save's the wrestler's health in the long run, but more so that Vince protects his investments. The pace is also slower in general compared to everywhere else.

I've also heard it rumored that styles/movesets are limited to protect the top talent from being out-shined by younger dudes who are trying to climb the ladder.
Now I see. Come go think about it, Punk's moveset in the WWE is a fraction of what he was doing in ROH

Back
Top Bottom