Wrestling Thread Mar 11-24 | 3/18 RAW - HHH Responds to Brock | Punk Still Has Taker's Urn

Didn't TNA try this one before? Angle vs Joe, I think.

And DC, was it New Japan or All Japan that incorporated shoot type matches before?

It was New Japan that did it. Antonio Inoki went mma-crazy and it resulted in NJPW almost folding because he basically buried all his homegrown stars and pushed mma fighters who couldn't wrestle.

Aha! So it was New Japan. Thanks fam!

I was thinking, how dull would this mania card be if it wasn't for the part timers? The three main events involve guys that do a handful of appearances a year.
I guess we would have had Cena/Punk, and Swagger/Delrio main events. :x
The E needs to step their star building game up.

I was thinking, how dull would this mania card be if it wasn't for the part timers? The three main events involve guys that do a handful of appearances a year.
I guess we would have had Cena/Punk, and Swagger/Delrio main events.
sick.gif

The E needs to step their star building game up.
Ziggler would be in the main event (probably would have the title) if he didn't have his briefcase to cash in already. Ziggler cashing in on the loser of the ADR/Swags match

- Many people backstage at RAW were talking about WWE Champion The Rock not being there. Several of The Rock’s co-workers are upset at the fact that he’s not going to be in attendance for 2 of the last big 4 shows going into WrestleMania 29. There was already some resentment over him being in the WrestleMania main event again but him not being there each week isn’t helping things.

- Many people backstage at RAW were talking about WWE Champion The Rock not being there. Several of The Rock’s co-workers are upset at the fact that he’s not going to be in attendance for 2 of the last big 4 shows going into WrestleMania 29. There was already some resentment over him being in the WrestleMania main event again but him not being there each week isn’t helping things.

I don't get this thinking..Dude is gonna draw huge numbers, which in turn means a bigger payday for those on the card..Who else was gonna headline and draw the same buy rate?..No way ADR, Ziggler, Jericho, DBry, Swagger, Henry, Kane, or even Punk can have a match with Cena and bring in the money like Rock can..So if they want to ***** about it, then step your game up and force VKM/HHH to make you a headliner..

I don't get this thinking..Dude is gonna draw huge numbers, which in turn means a bigger payday for those on the card..Who else was gonna headline and draw the same buy rate?..No way ADR, Ziggler, Jericho, DBry, Swagger, Henry, Kane, or even Punk can have a match with Cena and bring in the money like Rock can..So if they want to ***** about it, then step your game up and force VKM/HHH to make you a headliner..
But you gotta understand that probably most of the dudes that are upset backstage are the ones who don't care about the paycheck. Dudes like Ziggler, Ryder, D Bry , Cesaro, Ryback feel like they put in the time and work that they deserve to be in the main event. And that they are angry that someone who put in a fraction of the effort they have in the last couple year automatically gets Main Event. But I digress

Business wise it's brilliant. Long term, quality of the brand wise it's awful

But you gotta understand that probably most of the dudes that are upset backstage are the ones who don't care about the paycheck. Dudes like Ziggler, Ryder, D Bry , Cesaro, Ryback feel like they put in the time and work that they deserve to be in the main event. And that they are angry that someone who put in a fraction of the effort they have in the last couple year automatically gets Main Event. But I digress

Business wise it's brilliant. Long term, quality of the brand wise it's awful

The WWE should've worked on trying to create new stars 5+ years ago and not botching pushes instead of shooting their load on Cena/Orton and having everybody else trade wins every week. Then they wouldn't have to practically crawl back to Rock & Brock to make things interesting. They shouldn't be blaming Rock, they should be blaming Vince and his minions.

The WWE should've worked on trying to create new stars 5+ years ago and not botching pushes instead of shooting their load on Cena/Orton and having everybody else trade wins every week. Then they wouldn't have to practically crawl back to Rock & Brock to make things interesting. They shouldn't be blaming Rock, they should be blaming Vince and his minions.
Very true. I don't think they should blame Rock but they do have a right to be mad at him. He's handed the Main Event on a silver platter and he can't make the most important Raw appearances of the year? 

Very true. I don't think they should blame Rock but they do have a right to be mad at him. He's handed the Main Event on a silver platter and he can't make the most important Raw appearances of the year? 

They have no right to be mad..They have the right to go out there and out perform expectations to themselves over..Dude wouldn't be handed anything on a silver platter if all the bland look-a-likes would step their game up and do more to make themselves shine..It's a case of a bunch of whiny brats being mad that they can't get over..Are they gonna be mad if SCSA comes back next year?..I don't hear any rumors about guys being mad HHH coming back to do 1 or 2 matches a year for the last couple years..I don't hear many rumblings about Jericho coming back and leaving and coming back and leaving and coming back and leaving and coming back and leaving..They should all keep their mouths shut and be thankful they even have jobs..

They have no right to be mad..They have the right to go out there and out perform expectations to themselves over..Dude wouldn't be handed anything on a silver platter if all the bland look-a-likes would step their game up and do more to make themselves shine..It's a case of a bunch of whiny brats being mad that they can't get over..Are they gonna be mad if SCSA comes back next year?..I don't hear any rumors about guys being mad HHH coming back to do 1 or 2 matches a year for the last couple years..I don't hear many rumblings about Jericho coming back and leaving and coming back and leaving and coming back and leaving and coming back and leaving..They should all keep their mouths shut and be thankful they even have jobs..

In the case of HHH, he's still there doing behind the scenes work. They are upset that the Rock is an actual no-show in these times.

Not sure the locker room feelings on Jericho though.

Woah Woah Woah

HHH actually still did a significant amount of work for the WWE even after he "retired". Rock did absolutely nothing. 

Y2J basically only comes back to put over the younger guys and that is a fact. Check his record the last few years. He doesn't come back to promote Fozzy or anything

Step their game up? Dolph Ziggler would like to have a word with you. Dude is the second coming of Shawn Michaels just wait. 

In the case of HHH, he's still there doing behind the scenes work. They are upset that the Rock is an actual no-show in these times.

Not sure the locker room feelings on Jericho though
Haven't heard any complaints about Y2J (correct me if I'm wrong). They are ecstatic whenever he's back because he's one of the GOAT, especially in ring so they have so much to learn from him. Like I said, Jericho is there to help out the younger guys. Rock is there to promote more of his crappy movies. 

Rock is there to exactly what he's asked to do..And that's help make sure there's a butt every 18 inches..I'm not knocking Ziggler, cause he's one of my faves..It's not Rock's fault, it's VKM/Steph/HHH who can't seem to run the company right so they have to keep going back to Jericho, Rock, Brock, and even Trips himself to help get buy rates and ratings..I'll say it again, if your mad that some of these part timers are taking up a spot then get off your butt and do something memorable to force the creative team to use you..Get rid of the goofy Woo Woo gimmick, the 3MB gimmick, the Funkasaurus gimmick and the other stupid gimmicks and start performing better..And don't complain that they forced you to play a certain character because you could simply say no..That's the world, and wrestling world's, problem these days..Blame everyone else for your troubles to distract from the fact that you suck..

The Reason WWE Officials Kept John Cena Off Monday's Raw

Posted by: Ben Kerin of WrestlingNewsSource.com on Mar 13 2013
Source: PWInsider

The decision not to have John Cena appear on Monday's Raw from Indianapolis was taken because WWE Champion The Rock couldn't be there. They did not want to bring attention to the fact that the WWE Champion wasn't there on the Road to WrestleMania 29.

They went against the idea of having Cena come out and cut an in-ring promo because The Rock would have looked weak not being there to respond to it. They also did not want to put it out there that Rock was in South Korea at a GI Joe 2 movie premiere. The decision was made to just air the video package for their match.

Rock is there to exactly what he's asked to do..And that's help make sure there's a butt every 18 inches..I'm not knocking Ziggler, cause he's one of my faves..It's not Rock's fault, it's VKM/Steph/HHH who can't seem to run the company right so they have to keep going back to Jericho, Rock, Brock, and even Trips himself to help get buy rates and ratings..I'll say it again, if your mad that some of these part timers are taking up a spot then get off your butt and do something memorable to force the creative team to use you..Get rid of the goofy Woo Woo gimmick, the 3MB gimmick, the Funkasaurus gimmick and the other stupid gimmicks and start performing better..And don't complain that they forced you to play a certain character because you could simply say no..That's the world, and wrestling world's, problem these days..Blame everyone else for your troubles to distract from the fact that you suck..
Even though we've been debating back and forth, once you dig into it we essentially agree, especially on the bolded points. 

One of the main reasons Punk got so big is that he started ripping up the scripts the Writer's gave him and just started writing his own promos. From there, we really got an organic wrestler. And that's one of the main reasons dudes salivate over Punk. Because he's real and honest. What you see is what you get

Let's not give HHH too much credit yet, remember, he buried the entire roster from 02-06, and maybe '99-'06 if you wanna get very technical :lol: And Taker is part of one of the most embarrassing burials ever (he usually gets a pass though). Would it be nice if Rock worked a house show or two? Sure, I'd love it, but I don't make a big fuss cause you pretty much know what you're getting with a legend coming back who has anywhere from 3-4 movies in this year alone, along with some reality show that's either coming out or out already. I honestly think Vince is lucky Rock can even dedicate the time he does in the WWE, cause if not, there's not telling what the card would look like and what what be the draw (even if the card looks :rolleyes anyway). I really think a lot of the guys who are in the back complaining are just taking cues from everybody else, cause it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to be mad, especially with Cena winning the title back at WM, EC or Summerslam.

Let's not give HHH too much credit yet, remember, he buried the entire roster from 02-06, and maybe '99-'06 if you wanna get very technical
laugh.gif
And Taker is part of one of the most embarrassing burials ever (he usually gets a pass though). Would it be nice if Rock worked a house show or two? Sure, I'd love it, but I don't make a big fuss cause you pretty much know what you're getting with a legend coming back who has anywhere from 3-4 movies in this year alone, along with some reality show that's either coming out or out already. I honestly think Vince is lucky Rock can even dedicate the time he does in the WWE, cause if not, there's not telling what the card would look like and what what be the draw (even if the card looks
eyes.gif
anyway). I really think a lot of the guys who are in the back complaining are just taking cues from everybody else, cause it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to be mad, especially with Cena winning the title back at WM, EC or Summerslam.
Cena def winning at Mania. Perfect scenario. Cena looks strong and credible as a wrestler by not losing twice to Rock. And Sets up a pefect possibility for next year for the tiebreaker match between the two

Even though we've been debating back and forth, once you dig into it we essentially agree, especially on the bolded points. 

One of the main reasons Punk got so big is that he started ripping up the scripts the Writer's gave him and just started writing his own promos. From there, we really got an organic wrestler. And that's one of the main reasons dudes salivate over Punk. Because he's real and honest. What you see is what you get

Agreed..I don't understand how the creative team doesn't realize what Punk did worked on such a big level..And the reason it worked was because it reminded people of the Att. Era..The thing that will get people more involved in their product isn't bringing back cussing and sexy valets..It's bringing back the worked shoot promos and longer matches..People want to feel like what they're seeing is more realistic and less cartoony/corny..I mean if they want to have writers then by all means have writers..But tell them write more real world material and less Real World material..

Back
Top Bottom