Wrestling Thread July 11-17 | 7/17 WWE Money in the Bank - Punk Beats Cena, Leaves With WWE Title

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Just got done watching The Franchise: San Fransisco Giants and....I think Brian Wilson could be a stand in for CM Punk. They remind me of each other both in demeanor and looks...and of course, their facial hair games are on point.
*+%% I can't wait to watch this tonight.

-Observer

In the segment-by-segment, the show opened at a 3.12 level for Punk and John Cena in the ring. Cena vs. David Otunga & Michael McGillicutty lost 475,000 viewers, which is not good. A Mark Henry video, plus Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Vickie Guerrero and Vince McMahon backstage lost 4,500 viewers. Kelly Kelly vs. Melina lost 128,000 viewers. The Miz and all the Money in the Bank guys doing promos one-by-one gained 382,000 viewers, which is less than the top of the hour usually gets. Miz & R-Truth & Jack Swagger vs. Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston & Alex Riley lost 274,000 viewers. Big Show vs. Ziggler & McIntyre with the post-match Mark Henry attack lost 281,000 viewers and did a 2.61 quarter, which is just dreadful. The final segment with McMahon, Punk and Cena gained 1,346,000 viewers, one of the biggest growth segments of the year, closing at a 3.50. It should be noted that going 16 minutes past the hour instead of the usual 5-8 minutes means double or triple the amount of time to both gain new viewers, and pick up the viewers tuning in for the next show.

-Observer

In the segment-by-segment, the show opened at a 3.12 level for Punk and John Cena in the ring. Cena vs. David Otunga & Michael McGillicutty lost 475,000 viewers, which is not good. A Mark Henry video, plus Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Vickie Guerrero and Vince McMahon backstage lost 4,500 viewers. Kelly Kelly vs. Melina lost 128,000 viewers. The Miz and all the Money in the Bank guys doing promos one-by-one gained 382,000 viewers, which is less than the top of the hour usually gets. Miz & R-Truth & Jack Swagger vs. Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston & Alex Riley lost 274,000 viewers. Big Show vs. Ziggler & McIntyre with the post-match Mark Henry attack lost 281,000 viewers and did a 2.61 quarter, which is just dreadful. The final segment with McMahon, Punk and Cena gained 1,346,000 viewers, one of the biggest growth segments of the year, closing at a 3.50. It should be noted that going 16 minutes past the hour instead of the usual 5-8 minutes means double or triple the amount of time to both gain new viewers, and pick up the viewers tuning in for the next show.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

-Observer

pimp.gif

-Observer

pimp.gif

I think that:

-Cena will retain. Punk lose

-Double switch, just like Bret and Steve

-Cena is pissed at fans for backing such a "degenerate" like Punk although Cena is champ

-Punk's new gimmick is "Voice of the Voiceless"; Cena is this generation's corporate Champ.

I think that:

-Cena will retain. Punk lose

-Double switch, just like Bret and Steve

-Cena is pissed at fans for backing such a "degenerate" like Punk although Cena is champ

-Punk's new gimmick is "Voice of the Voiceless"; Cena is this generation's corporate Champ.

I stopped hoping for Cena being a "corporate" champion a long time ago in these threads.
He'll never burn his armbands and rock a well fitted suit.

I stopped hoping for Cena being a "corporate" champion a long time ago in these threads.
He'll never burn his armbands and rock a well fitted suit.

The location of October's "Bound For Glory" will be announced Thursday morning 8amET on ESPN.com's Page 2, by ESPN SportsCenter anchor Robert Flores (@RoFloESPN) and his special guest, Sting.
any updates on the location?
nerd.gif

The location of October's "Bound For Glory" will be announced Thursday morning 8amET on ESPN.com's Page 2, by ESPN SportsCenter anchor Robert Flores (@RoFloESPN) and his special guest, Sting.
any updates on the location?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

masondid wrote:
How many times does vince have to tell yall he doesn't care what yall want? Cena is gonna win and the kids will go home happy
laugh.gif
Oh I know the kids are most likely going home happy, I was talking about the reception they gave him, the screw you Cena chants, they threw his shirt and hat back him numerous times it was hilarious. They booed him at WM22 when the Cena train was really picking up steam. I can imagine how they are go after him Sunday add to the fact he's going against Punk. Chicago crowds are usually hot I don't see Sunday being any different... 

The crowd should be on fire sunday. I wonder if they'll try an have punk cut a anti chicago promo to help cena out before the match.

Other times, yes.  But not this time.  WWE is fully on board with the crowd hating Cena this Sunday night.  Cena's already made reference to it in interviews, playing up a slight heel role.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

masondid wrote:
How many times does vince have to tell yall he doesn't care what yall want? Cena is gonna win and the kids will go home happy
laugh.gif
Oh I know the kids are most likely going home happy, I was talking about the reception they gave him, the screw you Cena chants, they threw his shirt and hat back him numerous times it was hilarious. They booed him at WM22 when the Cena train was really picking up steam. I can imagine how they are go after him Sunday add to the fact he's going against Punk. Chicago crowds are usually hot I don't see Sunday being any different... 

The crowd should be on fire sunday. I wonder if they'll try an have punk cut a anti chicago promo to help cena out before the match.

Other times, yes.  But not this time.  WWE is fully on board with the crowd hating Cena this Sunday night.  Cena's already made reference to it in interviews, playing up a slight heel role.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

Heck, even the Henry vs Big Show match has had good build up!

They've really done an excellent job with Henry over the past few months.  He's a legitimate monster right now.  I don't expect it to last, but for now it's good.  He needs to beat Show clean on Sunday.  If they keep his heat, he could be a legitimate main event contender within a short time.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

Heck, even the Henry vs Big Show match has had good build up!

They've really done an excellent job with Henry over the past few months.  He's a legitimate monster right now.  I don't expect it to last, but for now it's good.  He needs to beat Show clean on Sunday.  If they keep his heat, he could be a legitimate main event contender within a short time.

Back
Top Bottom