Will Facebook ever fall off? Serious question

I remember reading about something regarding facebook developing a global message/inbox system that would take the functionality of email, text messaging, IM, or any type of message in general. I think that has the potential to be incredibly significant. Another thing about facebook is that the userbase has reached a GLOBAL audience. Everyone: parents, grandparents, businesses, artists etc. It's gonna take a long time for that to be taken away.

I remember reading about something regarding facebook developing a global message/inbox system that would take the functionality of email, text messaging, IM, or any type of message in general. I think that has the potential to be incredibly significant. Another thing about facebook is that the userbase has reached a GLOBAL audience. Everyone: parents, grandparents, businesses, artists etc. It's gonna take a long time for that to be taken away.

I personally think facebook is in the early stages of falling off just like MySpace was...

It took a few years but everyone eventually converted over to FB from MySpace or My____ as it is now 
laugh.gif

I think twitter is gonna be that NEW thing. Tumblr doesn't help FB's case either...

I personally think facebook is in the early stages of falling off just like MySpace was...

It took a few years but everyone eventually converted over to FB from MySpace or My____ as it is now 
laugh.gif

I think twitter is gonna be that NEW thing. Tumblr doesn't help FB's case either...

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by Napoleon

Originally Posted by RottenPieces

All of the Twitter hop-ons annoy me. So many of them claim that FB is dead and that Twitter has taken over. No, it has not, Twitter is just a mew toy that will get boring with more and more use. FB will still be here and strong.
To be fair, Ive always though that comparative argument is stupid and sounds immature, BUT I think Twitter engages its users far more. Twitter allows for actual social interaction while Facebook allows for personal edification.

One can't use twitter without acknowledging others. One can use Facebook as merely a tool to connect to others but that level of interaction is very rigid.
This is just wrong. I can't think of a single thing you can do on Twitter that you can't do on Facebook. Basically all of Twitter is like the Status update on Facebook, which is a very small part of the whole Facebook experience. Hell, Facebook chat alone should be enough to keep the site relevant. AIM etc are still limping along, and Skype is increasingly popular. If Facebook integrates a video chat that can replace Skype that will be huge. People will always want to stay in touch with friends.

If you're just using Twitter as status updates, then you're using it wrong.

All of the Twitter hop-ons annoy me. So many of them claim that FB is dead and that Twitter has taken over. No, it has not, Twitter is just a mew toy that will get boring with more and more use. FB will still be here and strong.
To be fair, Ive always though that comparative argument is stupid and sounds immature, BUT I think Twitter engages its users far more. Twitter allows for actual social interaction while Facebook allows for personal edification.

One can't use twitter without acknowledging others. One can use Facebook as merely a tool to connect to others but that level of interaction is very rigid.
This is just wrong. I can't think of a single thing you can do on Twitter that you can't do on Facebook. Basically all of Twitter is like the Status update on Facebook, which is a very small part of the whole Facebook experience. Hell, Facebook chat alone should be enough to keep the site relevant. AIM etc are still limping along, and Skype is increasingly popular. If Facebook integrates a video chat that can replace Skype that will be huge. People will always want to stay in touch with friends.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Yea. I use it to gauge other people's feelings. Like if I think I messed up with my girl, I would check her twitter to see what she posted. It's like so deep, man. It's so much more than 140 characters...

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Yea. I use it to gauge other people's feelings. Like if I think I messed up with my girl, I would check her twitter to see what she posted. It's like so deep, man. It's so much more than 140 characters...

Back
Top Bottom