Will Facebook ever fall off? Serious question

I don't think so unless another, better thing comes around. I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet, either. FB is too strong now though for that

I don't think so unless another, better thing comes around. I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet, either. FB is too strong now though for that

No.

Other social network sites will come and take shares of its market, but because of the business plan zuckerberg went in with it serves way too many purposes to too many people to ever become obsolete.

He's also obsessive compulsive enough to keep pushing it to grow and evolve along with its users. So far its only criticism has been that it does TOO much and is pushing privacy boundaries society isn't ready to let go of.

But fall off? As in useless? Or even a la Myspace? Never. Not as long as people are curious about others.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by kidUFC

no.

unless something "new" comes around

This

The american market is very fickle.  I don't have a facebook (deleted mine) but does anyone feel loyal to facebook?  All it takes is another site that does almost the same thing and some sort of endorsement. 

What if Apple launched a social media site?  People are loyal to apple products it may take 3 years but it could replace facebook with apple's strong marketing team and such. 

I feel like facebook is losing steam now anyway.  Twitter, Tumblr Foursquare (not so much) are starting to take some users.

Spoiler [+]
anyone know what happened to diaspora...is it functional yet

Ping... 
Facebook will not fall off for many years, at the least. You think all these venture capitalists out there are wrong?  Its valuation continues to climb. 

No.

Other social network sites will come and take shares of its market, but because of the business plan zuckerberg went in with it serves way too many purposes to too many people to ever become obsolete.

He's also obsessive compulsive enough to keep pushing it to grow and evolve along with its users. So far its only criticism has been that it does TOO much and is pushing privacy boundaries society isn't ready to let go of.

But fall off? As in useless? Or even a la Myspace? Never. Not as long as people are curious about others.

no.

This

The american market is very fickle.  I don't have a facebook (deleted mine) but does anyone feel loyal to facebook?  All it takes is another site that does almost the same thing and some sort of endorsement. 

What if Apple launched a social media site?  People are loyal to apple products it may take 3 years but it could replace facebook with apple's strong marketing team and such. 

I feel like facebook is losing steam now anyway.  Twitter, Tumblr Foursquare (not so much) are starting to take some users.

Spoiler [+]

Ping... 
Facebook will not fall off for many years, at the least. You think all these venture capitalists out there are wrong?  Its valuation continues to climb. 

Hope so. Maybe I just need new friends so my news feed would look different, but until then I really hope so.

Hope so. Maybe I just need new friends so my news feed would look different, but until then I really hope so.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

no.

This

Spoiler [+]

Ping... 
Yea I actually do.

You see, I can SELL you a CRAZY !!%+*%# idea, but the reality of the situation will still exist. No diss to those making their money but I still feel that one day someone will wake up and realize how stupid it all is and FB will fail. The older I get I'm starting to see its relevance LESS and LESS. Those that really use FB are those who want to escape reality. I think they like the idea of making money by selling ideas but the business itself is not sustaining and represents nothing. Thats why I call it a bubble really.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by Napoleon

For some reason I'm getting a vibe that although people want to remain connected and share their lives... that facebook can go just as easily as it came. I don't see ANY reason for them to have rooted themselves firmly into anything for a very long time. When it comes to social media, people can be extremely fickle.

Yeah they're worth a lot but something about them just screams "bubble"

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]In the grand scheme of things they produce NOTHING. They are just as important as a fleeting idea. They physically represent NOTHING. I feel that the economy is rooted in things that produce tangible outcomes inevitably. [/color]

Its kinda why I respect engineers over designers to some degree.

And this is based of your feelings and intuition? Oh. Okay.

No disrespect but I really don't understand where you're going with this or what you mean to say.

For some reason I'm getting a vibe that although people want to remain connected and share their lives... that facebook can go just as easily as it came. I don't see ANY reason for them to have rooted themselves firmly into anything for a very long time. When it comes to social media, people can be extremely fickle.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]In the grand scheme of things they produce NOTHING. They are just as important as a fleeting idea. They physically represent NOTHING. I feel that the economy is rooted in things that produce tangible outcomes inevitably. [/color]

Originally Posted by bijald0331

no.

This

Spoiler [+]

Ping... 
Yea I actually do.

You see, I can SELL you a CRAZY !!%+*%# idea, but the reality of the situation will still exist. No diss to those making their money but I still feel that one day someone will wake up and realize how stupid it all is and FB will fail. The older I get I'm starting to see its relevance LESS and LESS. Those that really use FB are those who want to escape reality. I think they like the idea of making money by selling ideas but the business itself is not sustaining and represents nothing. Thats why I call it a bubble really.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

No disrespect but I really don't understand where you're going with this or what you mean to say.

^It sustains human nature. It taps into our need to belong to something. Facebook allows you to belong in so many ways. People will always want to escape reality. Why not tap into that indefatigable market?

VC's aren't making money, yet. They are all waiting for the holy grail, the IPO.

^It sustains human nature. It taps into our need to belong to something. Facebook allows you to belong in so many ways. People will always want to escape reality. Why not tap into that indefatigable market?

VC's aren't making money, yet. They are all waiting for the holy grail, the IPO.

to napoleon, i think he means that facebook does not produce "nothing" as you think it does. i cant see facebook falling off for a while. Now i still dont know what facebook has anymore that makes it more supreme to myspace except for the fact that it is newer and started off as just for college students and therefore more mature.

to napoleon, i think he means that facebook does not produce "nothing" as you think it does. i cant see facebook falling off for a while. Now i still dont know what facebook has anymore that makes it more supreme to myspace except for the fact that it is newer and started off as just for college students and therefore more mature.

no. I don't see it but it would be interesting to see what Facebook is like in 10 years

no. I don't see it but it would be interesting to see what Facebook is like in 10 years

Back
Top Bottom