Will Facebook ever fall off? Serious question

It'll fall off eventually. Even now, many people are deactivating their accounts because many claim that it's becoming "like myspace"

It'll fall off eventually. Even now, many people are deactivating their accounts because many claim that it's becoming "like myspace"

honostly i hope not, or at least for awhile. Kinda dont want to have to keep signing up for different sites to start over. FB imo is one of the best social sites ever made

honostly i hope not, or at least for awhile. Kinda dont want to have to keep signing up for different sites to start over. FB imo is one of the best social sites ever made

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Remember a few years ago when everyone was saying myspace and aim wouldn't fall off? ..yeah
aim hasn't fallen off though, especially since its intergrated with facebook chat.

myspace though....RIP
really though

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Remember a few years ago when everyone was saying myspace and aim wouldn't fall off? ..yeah
aim hasn't fallen off though, especially since its intergrated with facebook chat.

myspace though....RIP
really though

Obviously FaceBook is going to Fail. I give it another 2 years MAX before another social networking site becomes the IN thing. FB won't fall off because of quality, people just NEED something NEW. And it's a social networking site, it's like upgrading a phone, you go with the better one, with more features, etc.

Obviously FaceBook is going to Fail. I give it another 2 years MAX before another social networking site becomes the IN thing. FB won't fall off because of quality, people just NEED something NEW. And it's a social networking site, it's like upgrading a phone, you go with the better one, with more features, etc.

People are SEVERELY underestimating the ground Facebook has broken globally.

I think alot of people are still merely looking at it as JUST a website.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Elaborate

What is it if it's not just a website.  I think that was OPs original argument.  That if you just stop going to the website....then that's it.  No more facebook.  I don't have a facebook and I am not inundated with facebook things throughout my life.  To me personally the existence of facebook is null and void to my life.

Elaborate

What is it if it's not just a website.  I think that was OPs original argument.  That if you just stop going to the website....then that's it.  No more facebook.  I don't have a facebook and I am not inundated with facebook things throughout my life.  To me personally the existence of facebook is null and void to my life.

Well its just a slighty different version each time. Facebook is similar to MiGente where as you had a comment section and you also had your about me section. If something comes after FB it must be something slightly different. Its like a Car, it does all the same things but its all about how it looks and performs. also how many people you can get to look at you

Well its just a slighty different version each time. Facebook is similar to MiGente where as you had a comment section and you also had your about me section. If something comes after FB it must be something slightly different. Its like a Car, it does all the same things but its all about how it looks and performs. also how many people you can get to look at you

As long as there are people who think what they are eating is in anyway exciting or unique, sad frumpy women, moronic dudes talking about how much they drank the night before and what they seemingly don't remember, ******s posting 'inside jokes', moms who think their 1 month old baby is in any way special or funny (sorry, it isn't), and people who feel the need to share the most banal minutiae- Facebook will always be the place to go for stalking your ex girlfriend/boyfriend.

As long as there are people who think what they are eating is in anyway exciting or unique, sad frumpy women, moronic dudes talking about how much they drank the night before and what they seemingly don't remember, ******s posting 'inside jokes', moms who think their 1 month old baby is in any way special or funny (sorry, it isn't), and people who feel the need to share the most banal minutiae- Facebook will always be the place to go for stalking your ex girlfriend/boyfriend.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

lolol

everytime i say stuff like this i get told im a hater or holier then thou

glad to see someone shares my sentiments

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

lolol

everytime i say stuff like this i get told im a hater or holier then thou

glad to see someone shares my sentiments

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Elaborate

well that's just to you. what about the 500 million other people who use it?

Elaborate

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

honestly i never though myspace would fall off.

something new will eventually come up

i disagree. i saw myspace falling off the moment i started using it back in high school.
the majority of the users on there had profiles with glitter, flashing lights and music playing, slowing down everyone's computer... way too much going on on everyone's page. sometimes pages weren't loading.. had to refresh a few times etc. 

i knew it wasn't going to last. 

facebook is clean and has far more users than myspace ever had. facebook is also easier to use and easier to interact with people imo. 

i don't see facebook falling off anytime soon. 

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

honestly i never though myspace would fall off.

something new will eventually come up

i disagree. i saw myspace falling off the moment i started using it back in high school.
the majority of the users on there had profiles with glitter, flashing lights and music playing, slowing down everyone's computer... way too much going on on everyone's page. sometimes pages weren't loading.. had to refresh a few times etc. 

i knew it wasn't going to last. 

facebook is clean and has far more users than myspace ever had. facebook is also easier to use and easier to interact with people imo. 

i don't see facebook falling off anytime soon. 

Originally Posted by oidreez

Elaborate

I understand people use it.  And its hard to make assumptions when something this big has never been done on such a huge scale.

But the argument is what is stopping it from being replaced.  If something new comes along and it seen as "cool" by the masses who is to say everyone won't just migrate.  "because tons of people use it" isn't really a viable argument.  Tons of people can change their minds.  I like the constant innovation argument and the obvious, there are not competitors at the moment argument they are reasonable statements. 

Back
Top Bottom