Why is Florida the state alot of NYC people move to

Memphis is highly slept on... besides the murders, its all good.

> ATL

only cities in south bigger than us is Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Jacksonville fla.

Peep the sig
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

BTW the last Hurricane to run through here was Wilma and that was like 4 years ago.

I was down there when Wilma came through our part of Broward Co. Going days w/o power FTL…

Originally Posted by EmAych417

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

BTW the last Hurricane to run through here was Wilma and that was like 4 years ago.

I was down there when Wilma came through our part of Broward Co. Going days w/o power FTL…
I can't stand it when people start talking about how hurricanes in florida are something to really worry about, like dude said, we haven'thad one hit since Wilma in 05'..and as far as the other dude, i know going without power is whack but im pretty sure it was after Wilma that we had thatcold front and the weather was on point. Those nights were mad nice because all the power loss gave us an opportunity to see all the stars, that + the weatherwas
smokin.gif

^I remember that we slept with the door open and everything(not a good idea) Taking a shower with cold water when it's cold outside FTL

^
Remember that, got outta school for like 2 weeks. Florida is just the opposite of NYC, with the same population diversity. You see people of all sorts downhere, thats why mostly everyone fits in. Accept when it comes to driving, got that serious Road Rage down here. Plus I love when i go visit my fam in NYC, buti honestly can't ever see myself living there.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

because its a 2 1/2 hour plane ride, good alternative to the winter weather, and another place where new yorkers can dominate.
smile.gif
. im from NY and go to school in boca so i feel it
FAU?

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

personally, I wouldn't want to live in a place where its the same weather all year round.
It's not the same, but pretty damn close.
laugh.gif
I wear shorts on most Christmas days. After that, it starts to get more chilly, in the 50'sand such. We probably get 3 months of chilly weather, then the rest is warm or extremely hot. Like now, it's in the 90's, so you can't do muchoutside for too long.

Originally Posted by EmAych417

i remember when i used to live in So. Florida, almost everyone i met, or their parents, were from ny/nj. . .
Word. My parents came down here from NY too. Everyone's from NY. I never knew why though. I guess it's because there's more space,better family environment, easier weather, less hassle of city life, etc.

The cost of living. Specially like 8 years ago when I went to visit my good friend. Cities were just being developed. Here he had a two bedroom apartment downin FL dude built himself a nice family house for pennies. That's a sweet upgrade in my book.

Where do yall get this no taxes B.S from? We have to pay wind/flood insurance and $@#* also. We moved here like 2004, sold our POS house in NY for like$310,000. Basically bought a mansion here(3 stories, 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, pool, waterfront, gated community) for $295,000. Now we could sell it for atleast$600,000. I've been recently trying to be a good son sneaking my way into the inheritance.

I dont know what hurricane it was but in Broward I was out of power for two weeks and I dont remember it being cold.

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

Where do yall get this no taxes B.S from? We have to pay wind/flood insurance and $@#* also. We moved here like 2004, sold our POS house in NY for like $310,000. Basically bought a mansion here(3 stories, 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, pool, waterfront, gated community) for $295,000. Now we could sell it for atleast $600,000. I've been recently trying to be a good son sneaking my way into the inheritance.
There's no state income taxes in FL, is what people mean.

People from all over have been moving down to FL just because they have some nice weather (not during summer though, that heat is murder), open air and thingsare more relaxed down there.

I usually make atleast 2 trips to Florida every year from NYC because my dad, brother and sister live in West Palm Beach and I have some really close cousinsthat live in Ft. Lauderdale.

The "Great Migration" of alot of NY'ers I would say happened after 9/11 because this city was at critical mass during that period of time andpeople felt that they couldn't handle it over here.

People work so hard here in NYC that when their bodies or spirits can't take the fast-pace/hustle sort of lifestyle up here they feel they need to gosettle down someplace that won't be like that and that place is Florida. Houses are way cheaper, less taxes, open air, don't have places down theirthat terrorists would want to attack...etc...

I personally love when I go down to Florida just because it's relaxing, usually go to a couple strip clubs (next time I gotta hit up tootsies...) and Miamiis pretty nice as well

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

If your bored drive to miami. One of the funnest "major places".
You really think Miami is that fun? Sure its cool for a night or two but after going to one club or party you've basically experienced all there is to it.
QFT!!!!

Everyone thinks miami is the best place in the world....

H-Town/ATL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MIA ( when you stay there for more than 2 weeks)

I forgot to mention the most bi-racial fine women down here. Women here let loose year round, daisy dukes and bikinis. Winter time it gets like 50 degrees atnight but 70 during the day. In the summer it rains just about every other day. No gang violence BS, living here is like being in a Red Stripe commercial,"No Worries Mon."

Back
Top Bottom