Why is Florida the state alot of NYC people move to

Originally Posted by ninjahood

I tell people all da time, FL is like NYC's annex..
laugh.gif

Weather, and the myth that everything is "cheaper".

South Florida is expensive IMO.

I think it's because of the weather. I was born and raised in New York, but I've been living in Florida for 5 years now. I wish I was living inBroward/Dade county instead of West Palm Beach. I hate West Palm Beach. It's boring out here.

yes Palm Beach is boring
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Besides some of the reasons already stated a lot of people come to Florida because they are running away from something.That could be something, someone, life in general etc I see it all the time.

nerd.gif
reyes?

theres a bunch in FL
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DR813

I think it's because of the weather. I was born and raised in New York, but I've been living in Florida for 5 years now. I wish I was living in Broward/Dade county instead of West Palm Beach. I hate West Palm Beach. It's boring out here.

+1 WPB here too, mad boring. Love partying out in broward/dade but the drive back is b!tch.

That's really funny cause I wonder why so many people from Miami move to NYC.
I live in Miami

michelle

also I used to live in NJ

Originally Posted by DR813

I think it's because of the weather. I was born and raised in New York, but I've been living in Florida for 5 years now. I wish I was living in Broward/Dade county instead of West Palm Beach. I hate West Palm Beach. It's boring out here.
It's been raining in Miami for the past 6 months, the hell are you guys talking about nice weather??

like this in north carolina...wilmington, charlotte and raleigh especially

because taxes in NY are ridiculous, and there is no personal income tax in FL. I don't see why anyone successful would want to live in NY.

also, any beach in FL is better than being anywhere in NY, even the Hamptons where the water is still in the 70s in the summer and FL is high 80s

Because it's the furthest south you can go on the East Coast. People get tired of living with cold weather, more expensive living, less space, etc. So theycome down to FL, cheaper homes, warmer weather.

My family moved when I was younger to Florida because my Dad's job relocated him here, but it's still common for the above reasons.

simply the weather and the location and the price of living..i plan on moving from NY to FL once i get stable and situated with a good paying job

The weather mostly, right now I wish I was in a cold city it's hot as hell. You feel like you should go out in a bathing suite

Well a lot of people in general move to Florida, for a bunch of reasons. There are a lot of people in NYC so it makes sense that a lot of people who move toFlorida are from NYC.

Back
Top Bottom