Why aren't convicts being used in the US military?

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Originally Posted by DT43

this is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

yeah, put criminals who have no respect for authority in the military and give them high-powered weapons.

yeah they won't have any boot camp or training like all soldiers go through... just give the convicts weapons and fly them to Afghanistan smack out of the pen

idiot
indifferent.gif
and every person who has ever gone through boot camp has come out a reformed war hero. there are no useless %!$#!*! low lifes in the military, right? people who do $@#$ like this?

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=2071

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Originally Posted by DT43

this is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

yeah, put criminals who have no respect for authority in the military and give them high-powered weapons.

yeah they won't have any boot camp or training like all soldiers go through... just give the convicts weapons and fly them to Afghanistan smack out of the pen

idiot
indifferent.gif
and every person who has ever gone through boot camp has come out a reformed war hero. there are no useless %!$#!*! low lifes in the military, right? people who do $@#$ like this?

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=2071

I get why some people are so against it, but does it really make a difference if you've killed someone in the US and you end up in jail for it or you kill someone overseas and thats fine because your in the military? People died either way. Yeah, you killed someone overseas to "protect our freedom", but at the same time what if that criminal in jail did it to protect their family? See where im coming from? I'm just trying to look at both sides of this. My reply was no shots at the military either so don't start, i know many people in the service and have family currently in.

I get why some people are so against it, but does it really make a difference if you've killed someone in the US and you end up in jail for it or you kill someone overseas and thats fine because your in the military? People died either way. Yeah, you killed someone overseas to "protect our freedom", but at the same time what if that criminal in jail did it to protect their family? See where im coming from? I'm just trying to look at both sides of this. My reply was no shots at the military either so don't start, i know many people in the service and have family currently in.

I think the risk is simply too great. No one will push such an agenda because no one wants to be infamous for allowing convicts to consort and go on a killing spree. In theory, though, it could work - especially if the program was organized in such a way that incentivized loyal behavior and good service.

I think the risk is simply too great. No one will push such an agenda because no one wants to be infamous for allowing convicts to consort and go on a killing spree. In theory, though, it could work - especially if the program was organized in such a way that incentivized loyal behavior and good service.

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

you want to give them guns? or be anywhere near guns?
Maybe because  I'm from the hood anyway, but !@$% like this don't scare me. But to be honest, I walk past bodybuilders and weight lifters all day and I ain't been to a gym lately. They're just normal people like you and me... that just so happen to have killed people or sold drugs to stay alive. Big whoop. You're walking past them too, you just don't know it cuz they don't have on stripes or shackles. So I'm sorry ti burst that little balloon of safety you live in, but let's get practical. These criminals have more to gain by cooperating than by escaping. Why live in a sand dune on the run for the rest of your life when you can do 4 years of service (Which beats 10 fed years ANY day), get you some medical and dental, and go home to your family? The American people as a whole benefit as well.

Everything I've said in this topic is referencing this statement by the OP. It's ludicrous.

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

you want to give them guns? or be anywhere near guns?
Maybe because  I'm from the hood anyway, but !@$% like this don't scare me. But to be honest, I walk past bodybuilders and weight lifters all day and I ain't been to a gym lately. They're just normal people like you and me... that just so happen to have killed people or sold drugs to stay alive. Big whoop. You're walking past them too, you just don't know it cuz they don't have on stripes or shackles. So I'm sorry ti burst that little balloon of safety you live in, but let's get practical. These criminals have more to gain by cooperating than by escaping. Why live in a sand dune on the run for the rest of your life when you can do 4 years of service (Which beats 10 fed years ANY day), get you some medical and dental, and go home to your family? The American people as a whole benefit as well.

Everything I've said in this topic is referencing this statement by the OP. It's ludicrous.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Considering the mental strain that war/battles place on soldiers (seeing people blown to bits, fighting hand to hand, etc.), I really wonder if it would be a bad idea if done right. Aren't a lot of the heavy duty criminals (serial killers, rapists, etc.) psycho anyway? 

Would we be doing ourselves a disservice if we took, say, a thousand of them, and dropped them in the middle of Afghanistan?
We would win wars.
Guys that can't even follow laws would follow orders?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Considering the mental strain that war/battles place on soldiers (seeing people blown to bits, fighting hand to hand, etc.), I really wonder if it would be a bad idea if done right. Aren't a lot of the heavy duty criminals (serial killers, rapists, etc.) psycho anyway? 

Would we be doing ourselves a disservice if we took, say, a thousand of them, and dropped them in the middle of Afghanistan?
We would win wars.
Guys that can't even follow laws would follow orders?
grin.gif

Poor misguide NTers... here's a lesson in REALITY.

People resort to breaking laws when following the law isn't of benefit to them. If the benefits of following rules (i.e. freedom, health and dental) outweigh the benefits of breaking them (quasi-freedom as a fugitive OR being thrown back in prison), people tend to side with what's most beneficial. The majority of inmates ARE NOT sociopaths, they're just people that made one or two bad choices which left them with little to no legal options. If GIVEN an opportunity, a lot of people would actually make good on it. And if they didn't, you can still throw them BACK in jail.

Rolli, I already told you that I was not talking about snatching people off the street, regardless of whether they are a free-walking criminal or not. So whichever claims you make based on that assumption are irrelevant anyway. My statement was not ludicrous, your obliviousness is. If you think that the prisons are filled with 100% of all the criminal minded people in our society,
laugh.gif
. It's wiser to assume any/everyone is a potential free-walking felon than it is to assume that just because they aren't in jail that they're "safe" to be around.

Poor misguide NTers... here's a lesson in REALITY.

People resort to breaking laws when following the law isn't of benefit to them. If the benefits of following rules (i.e. freedom, health and dental) outweigh the benefits of breaking them (quasi-freedom as a fugitive OR being thrown back in prison), people tend to side with what's most beneficial. The majority of inmates ARE NOT sociopaths, they're just people that made one or two bad choices which left them with little to no legal options. If GIVEN an opportunity, a lot of people would actually make good on it. And if they didn't, you can still throw them BACK in jail.

Rolli, I already told you that I was not talking about snatching people off the street, regardless of whether they are a free-walking criminal or not. So whichever claims you make based on that assumption are irrelevant anyway. My statement was not ludicrous, your obliviousness is. If you think that the prisons are filled with 100% of all the criminal minded people in our society,
laugh.gif
. It's wiser to assume any/everyone is a potential free-walking felon than it is to assume that just because they aren't in jail that they're "safe" to be around.

so i guess some of you have know idea that in some state prisons its ran military style(more in the south and Midwest)? and they have a better success rate then the others?

now should they do it for hardcore convicts? HELL NO but first time or people that are going down the wrong road because of people around them it would be good for.

so i guess some of you have know idea that in some state prisons its ran military style(more in the south and Midwest)? and they have a better success rate then the others?

now should they do it for hardcore convicts? HELL NO but first time or people that are going down the wrong road because of people around them it would be good for.

How you can make the assumption that these people will follow orders to fight is beyond me. Why wouldn't they desert? How are you making this leap?

Why aren't all poor people breaking laws?

How you can make the assumption that these people will follow orders to fight is beyond me. Why wouldn't they desert? How are you making this leap?

Id only be ok with it if the convicts used had no record of murder or attempted murder.

Drug dealers and petty $$$! like that can go fight in wars, but any convict who is in jail because of murder needs to stay away from weapons.

Id only be ok with it if the convicts used had no record of murder or attempted murder.

Drug dealers and petty $$$! like that can go fight in wars, but any convict who is in jail because of murder needs to stay away from weapons.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Because NT is full of ******s with the notion of bootcamp changing these men into angels
laugh.gif

Because NT is full of ******s with the notion of bootcamp changing these men into angels
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WarMachine

laugh.gif

didn't you know? anyone who goes through bootcamp, including the biggest low lifes in society, come out like this..

pat-tillman.jpg

Back
Top Bottom