Why aren't convicts being used in the US military?

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Remember what happened in The Longest Yard during the first practice?

Imagine that with guns.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

seriously though

if nothing went wrong then sure. but as has been stated, things could go wrong

if nothing went wrong then sure. but as has been stated, things could go wrong

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Remember what happened in The Longest Yard during the first practice?

Imagine that with guns.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

seriously though

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

you want to give them guns? or be anywhere near guns?
Maybe because  I'm from the hood anyway, but #*%* like this don't scare me. But to be honest, I walk past bodybuilders and weight lifters all day and I ain't been to a gym lately. They're just normal people like you and me... that just so happen to have killed people or sold drugs to stay alive. Big whoop. You're walking past them too, you just don't know it cuz they don't have on stripes or shackles. So I'm sorry ti burst that little balloon of safety you live in, but let's get practical. These criminals have more to gain by cooperating than by escaping. Why live in a sand dune on the run for the rest of your life when you can do 4 years of service (Which beats 10 fed years ANY day), get you some medical and dental, and go home to your family? The American people as a whole benefit as well.

Maybe because  I'm from the hood anyway, but #*%* like this don't scare me. But to be honest, I walk past bodybuilders and weight lifters all day and I ain't been to a gym lately. They're just normal people like you and me... that just so happen to have killed people or sold drugs to stay alive. Big whoop. You're walking past them too, you just don't know it cuz they don't have on stripes or shackles. So I'm sorry ti burst that little balloon of safety you live in, but let's get practical. These criminals have more to gain by cooperating than by escaping. Why live in a sand dune on the run for the rest of your life when you can do 4 years of service (Which beats 10 fed years ANY day), get you some medical and dental, and go home to your family? The American people as a whole benefit as well.

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Maybe because  I'm from the hood anyway, but !@$% like this don't scare me. But to be honest, I walk past bodybuilders and weight lifters all day and I ain't been to a gym lately. They're just normal people like you and me... that just so happen to have killed people or sold drugs to stay alive. Big whoop. You're walking past them too, you just don't know it cuz they don't have on stripes or shackles. So I'm sorry ti burst that little balloon of safety you live in, but let's get practical. These criminals have more to gain by cooperating than by escaping. Why live in a sand dune on the run for the rest of your life when you can do 4 years of service (Which beats 10 fed years ANY day), get you some medical and dental, and go home to your family? The American people as a whole benefit as well.

You cannot be serious. I feel sorry for your existence if you think that's normal.

This is the stupidest idea ever.

Maybe because  I'm from the hood anyway, but !@$% like this don't scare me. But to be honest, I walk past bodybuilders and weight lifters all day and I ain't been to a gym lately. They're just normal people like you and me... that just so happen to have killed people or sold drugs to stay alive. Big whoop. You're walking past them too, you just don't know it cuz they don't have on stripes or shackles. So I'm sorry ti burst that little balloon of safety you live in, but let's get practical. These criminals have more to gain by cooperating than by escaping. Why live in a sand dune on the run for the rest of your life when you can do 4 years of service (Which beats 10 fed years ANY day), get you some medical and dental, and go home to your family? The American people as a whole benefit as well.

You cannot be serious. I feel sorry for your existence if you think that's normal.

if criminals did things that made sense they likely wouldnt have been criminals in the first place. you'd have to have guards watching these guys who could go off at any given moment. good luck trying to convince real soldiers to trust their lives in the hands of criminals while working together.

if anything were to happen, it would be a ****storm. tell someone's family member that their son was killed because he was working with a criminal while on active duty.

if criminals did things that made sense they likely wouldnt have been criminals in the first place. you'd have to have guards watching these guys who could go off at any given moment. good luck trying to convince real soldiers to trust their lives in the hands of criminals while working together.

if anything were to happen, it would be a ****storm. tell someone's family member that their son was killed because he was working with a criminal while on active duty.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I think that's kinda insulting to our soldiers.

I think that's kinda stupid
laugh.gif

look man...
Soldiers ain't out there for the glory in real life. That's just what the Marines PR campaign pitches. Dying ain't glamorous. This ain't feudal Japan. If this country could be kept safe by an elite prison class, why not try it? I'm not saying throw every single felon in camos, I'm saying the concept of "time off for good behavior" can be put into active use a little bit more productively.

And there will always be gang members in the service as long as Me. Charlie keeps pointing his "We Want YOU" posters towards the impoverished regions of inner city America. But that has little, if anything, to do with how well they function as soldiers despite what some shock campaign news snippet says. Theirs a vice lord working at your kid's day care. There's folks in your grocery store. Even rick Ross think he Larry Hoover. Big deal..

And shame on people saying things could go wrong... like they been going right or something
nerd.gif
. It's time to shake %%%$ up...

It is... you just can't see it. You're not supposed to when the system is doing it's job. It's like the matrix. But on the fringes of society, it's evident that the reality of the way the world is AIN'T the same as the way it's presented. Everyday you walk past a criminal. In my hood it's a murderer. In your neighborhood it's a blue collar criminal. That's reality. I don't let it bother me. You'd be scared as %#*$ if you did.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I think that's kinda insulting to our soldiers.

I think that's kinda stupid
laugh.gif

look man...
Soldiers ain't out there for the glory in real life. That's just what the Marines PR campaign pitches. Dying ain't glamorous. This ain't feudal Japan. If this country could be kept safe by an elite prison class, why not try it? I'm not saying throw every single felon in camos, I'm saying the concept of "time off for good behavior" can be put into active use a little bit more productively.

And there will always be gang members in the service as long as Me. Charlie keeps pointing his "We Want YOU" posters towards the impoverished regions of inner city America. But that has little, if anything, to do with how well they function as soldiers despite what some shock campaign news snippet says. Theirs a vice lord working at your kid's day care. There's folks in your grocery store. Even rick Ross think he Larry Hoover. Big deal..

And shame on people saying things could go wrong... like they been going right or something
nerd.gif
. It's time to shake %%%$ up...

It is... you just can't see it. You're not supposed to when the system is doing it's job. It's like the matrix. But on the fringes of society, it's evident that the reality of the way the world is AIN'T the same as the way it's presented. Everyday you walk past a criminal. In my hood it's a murderer. In your neighborhood it's a blue collar criminal. That's reality. I don't let it bother me. You'd be scared as %#*$ if you did.

Ummm. They do have some criminals in the military. Some guys were given a choice by the judge to either enlist in the Army or Marines or go to jail. I remember a drill sergeant telling some thug dudes that they are part of one big gang now and the colors we wear are Green. We had a dude who got caught with coke in his system and they still didn't discharge him right away. Only after he repeatedly kept messing up did they finally let him walk.

Ummm. They do have some criminals in the military. Some guys were given a choice by the judge to either enlist in the Army or Marines or go to jail. I remember a drill sergeant telling some thug dudes that they are part of one big gang now and the colors we wear are Green. We had a dude who got caught with coke in his system and they still didn't discharge him right away. Only after he repeatedly kept messing up did they finally let him walk.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

I agree to a point. If I had a gun on me and felt as if my life was in danger I would use it. But for the most part that statement is stupid.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

I agree to a point. If I had a gun on me and felt as if my life was in danger I would use it. But for the most part that statement is stupid.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

It's funny that only one person is aware that some criminals are given the option of the military over prison
laugh.gif

Granted it's not used as much as it use to be, but still it's not uncommon.  Most of the people that are in the military for this reason are worthless soldiers.

It's funny that only one person is aware that some criminals are given the option of the military over prison
laugh.gif

Granted it's not used as much as it use to be, but still it's not uncommon.  Most of the people that are in the military for this reason are worthless soldiers.

so you want people who have, for the most part, made horrible decisions with their lives to protect this country. You wouldn't question the integrity of the true convicts? You don't think they would release critical mission intel to the enemy for the right price?

I used to think it was a good idea, until I joined the military myself.

so you want people who have, for the most part, made horrible decisions with their lives to protect this country. You wouldn't question the integrity of the true convicts? You don't think they would release critical mission intel to the enemy for the right price?

I know, but the people that don't know are so clueless and afraid
laugh.gif
. They talking bout safe like the military ain't always up to something anyway..
Separate units man, duh... and you are so clueless if you think these convicts  aren't being beat, raped, instigated, and set up by the people that you trust to keep them in check. The illusion of the neat and orderly prison system, complete with a black and white perspective of what and who is good or bad is total bull ##!#. Some guards are worse that some prisoners. And those are the people you comfortably walk past everyday. It's all an illusion of safety. What's the difference in a guy that rapes another guy at work and a guy that rapes another guy in prison? The difference is the uniform. If you take that prisoner's orange jumpsuit, expunge his crimes, and say, "Go earn your way back into society", when that man comes home YOU and errbody else will think he's a hero because you see him in a different uniform and don't know his past... and because he doesn't have to answer to your negative expectations, he might actually stick to the straight and narrow given a clean slate and all..

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

A good drill sergeant and a good Basic Training program does wonders for these type dudes. Fort Benning Basic Training for Infantry does a REALLY good job of molding all types of dudes into motivated young soldiers. I have seen a few fringe guys do a 180 and become some high speed dudes. It's not like they come right off the streets and handed guns and told to shoot the guy with the rag on his head.

Back
Top Bottom