Why aren't convicts being used in the US military?

No, I wasn't talking about the murderers from my hood. I said CONVICTS. That means people not on the loose...

I think the Kappa gets it...
pimp.gif
. That's all I wanted. If one person can see what I'm getting at my job here is done. Ya'll ##%$#@ be cool... I'm in the breeze.

The military is already f'd up enough as it is. Introducing prisoners into that system would only make it worse.

The military is already f'd up enough as it is. Introducing prisoners into that system would only make it worse.

When you mention reforming the murderers you walk around everyday as part of your argument, you open the gates to them being included. No one else mentioned them but you. That is what happens when you debate by throwing your arms and legs in every which direction, instead of keeping it concise. Telling me I'm clueless and that you're bursting my "safe bubble world" when I'm one of the few guys in this thread that is actually giving reasons for disagreeing with your idea without attacking your vision. Ok, so now you're with ninjasdjfhahsdf on the pot smoking misdemeanor guys getting the military option, or are murderers and rapists still part of the "Convict" pool?

When you mention reforming the murderers you walk around everyday as part of your argument, you open the gates to them being included. No one else mentioned them but you. That is what happens when you debate by throwing your arms and legs in every which direction, instead of keeping it concise. Telling me I'm clueless and that you're bursting my "safe bubble world" when I'm one of the few guys in this thread that is actually giving reasons for disagreeing with your idea without attacking your vision. Ok, so now you're with ninjasdjfhahsdf on the pot smoking misdemeanor guys getting the military option, or are murderers and rapists still part of the "Convict" pool?

It's too controversial in terms of politics and public perception.
It doesnt matter how effective convicts might actually be in the military.

Its like the idea of convicted pedophiles being school teachers. The idea scares people.

It's too controversial in terms of politics and public perception.
It doesnt matter how effective convicts might actually be in the military.

Its like the idea of convicted pedophiles being school teachers. The idea scares people.

The military (especially the army) is known for using criminals to keep their numbers steady. This isn't anything new... One of my cousins told me that while these guys are stationed overseas, they're still dealing bud and coke all over the place. The army isn't full of honorable patriots anymore, they'll take clothing, dvd's, and all types of things for the low, and sell them back in the states for 2x or 3x the price.

The military (especially the army) is known for using criminals to keep their numbers steady. This isn't anything new... One of my cousins told me that while these guys are stationed overseas, they're still dealing bud and coke all over the place. The army isn't full of honorable patriots anymore, they'll take clothing, dvd's, and all types of things for the low, and sell them back in the states for 2x or 3x the price.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

The ignorance and the stupidity in this thread is thick.  These aren't hardened criminals being given this option.  These are people getting busted with pot repeatedly and charges of the same magnitude.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

The ignorance and the stupidity in this thread is thick.  These aren't hardened criminals being given this option.  These are people getting busted with pot repeatedly and charges of the same magnitude.

Considering the mental strain that war/battles place on soldiers (seeing people blown to bits, fighting hand to hand, etc.), I really wonder if it would be a bad idea if done right. Aren't a lot of the heavy duty criminals (serial killers, rapists, etc.) psycho anyway? 

Would we be doing ourselves a disservice if we took, say, a thousand of them, and dropped them in the middle of Afghanistan?

Considering the mental strain that war/battles place on soldiers (seeing people blown to bits, fighting hand to hand, etc.), I really wonder if it would be a bad idea if done right. Aren't a lot of the heavy duty criminals (serial killers, rapists, etc.) psycho anyway? 

Would we be doing ourselves a disservice if we took, say, a thousand of them, and dropped them in the middle of Afghanistan?

They might kill each other and do stupid +#*#. I mean we've seen some that aren't convicts and do stupid things, just imagine convicts?

They might kill each other and do stupid +#*#. I mean we've seen some that aren't convicts and do stupid things, just imagine convicts?

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

We would win wars.

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

We would win wars.

this is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

yeah, put criminals who have no respect for authority in the military and give them high-powered weapons.

yeah, put criminals who have no respect for authority in the military and give them high-powered weapons.

Originally Posted by DT43

yeah they won't have any boot camp or training like all soldiers go through... just give the convicts weapons and fly them to Afghanistan smack out of the pen

idiot

Originally Posted by DT43

yeah they won't have any boot camp or training like all soldiers go through... just give the convicts weapons and fly them to Afghanistan smack out of the pen

idiot

Back
Top Bottom