Why aren't convicts being used in the US military?

^Where do you draw the line? You're saying there isn't one? Again, I'm not talking about misdemeanors or even robbers, I'm talking about serious, violent convicts. I could care less if the 20 year old who worked the corner or stole a bunch of DVD players is in the army.

^Where do you draw the line? You're saying there isn't one? Again, I'm not talking about misdemeanors or even robbers, I'm talking about serious, violent convicts. I could care less if the 20 year old who worked the corner or stole a bunch of DVD players is in the army.

Originally Posted by Club29

OP throws a little hissyfit everytime someone disagrees with him
laugh.gif

"IM RIGHT! UR WRONG! IM THE HARDEST GUY ON NT! UR ALL SCARRED LITTLE BABIES! *cry cry cry*"

stubborn !@# dudes
smh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dude takes nt very serious

Originally Posted by Club29

OP throws a little hissyfit everytime someone disagrees with him
laugh.gif

"IM RIGHT! UR WRONG! IM THE HARDEST GUY ON NT! UR ALL SCARRED LITTLE BABIES! *cry cry cry*"

stubborn !@# dudes
smh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dude takes nt very serious

Originally Posted by bijald0331

It's a case by case basis. Just remember Soldiers/Marines/Airmen/Sailors have to come from somewhere, so without a draft we must depend on volunteers...if we are suffering in numbers due to not enough good and qualified people coming forward then we almost have to roll the dice. Now I am not saying open the floodgates and allow all heinous criminals in, but look at each person from a case by case basis. The other option is a draft. But like I said earlier...because of our effed up economy more people are volunteering to join the armed services, so they haven't had to be as desperate as they were like in 2003.

Remember too from a historical aspect this is not new. The French Foreign Legion was composed of a lot of the world's most dangerous criminals at one time. They still fought together as a cohesive unit though for the most part. War can foster a type of camaraderie not found in the civilian sense. Just look at some of these street gangs...yeah they are some violent SOB's, but there is still a certain level of trust and unity and discipline amongst the ranks. Like I was saying, stuff like this is not so cut and dry.

It's a case by case basis. Just remember Soldiers/Marines/Airmen/Sailors have to come from somewhere, so without a draft we must depend on volunteers...if we are suffering in numbers due to not enough good and qualified people coming forward then we almost have to roll the dice. Now I am not saying open the floodgates and allow all heinous criminals in, but look at each person from a case by case basis. The other option is a draft. But like I said earlier...because of our effed up economy more people are volunteering to join the armed services, so they haven't had to be as desperate as they were like in 2003.

Remember too from a historical aspect this is not new. The French Foreign Legion was composed of a lot of the world's most dangerous criminals at one time. They still fought together as a cohesive unit though for the most part. War can foster a type of camaraderie not found in the civilian sense. Just look at some of these street gangs...yeah they are some violent SOB's, but there is still a certain level of trust and unity and discipline amongst the ranks. Like I was saying, stuff like this is not so cut and dry.

Yea criminals are let into the military it's not new. Some of them Change for the better some of them live there life like they always did.

My Brother is in the Navy and tells me about the hotel coke parties with hookers that go on outside of base.

Yea criminals are let into the military it's not new. Some of them Change for the better some of them live there life like they always did.

My Brother is in the Navy and tells me about the hotel coke parties with hookers that go on outside of base.

Largely, the reason for not enlisting mass amounts off criminals in to the military is due to the disproportionate representations of minorities incarcerated. The military already over represents minorities, so including prisoners would only heighten this proportion. The military has gotten a lot of criticism in the past for the large amounts of minority deaths compared to whites, so they have been hesitant to change the balance of representation within. The military now prides itself on equal representation of races and deaths
grin.gif

Largely, the reason for not enlisting mass amounts off criminals in to the military is due to the disproportionate representations of minorities incarcerated. The military already over represents minorities, so including prisoners would only heighten this proportion. The military has gotten a lot of criticism in the past for the large amounts of minority deaths compared to whites, so they have been hesitant to change the balance of representation within. The military now prides itself on equal representation of races and deaths
grin.gif

Club, me and you... at the playground... 3:30... tomorrow. I'll show you who takes the internet serious...

Club, me and you... at the playground... 3:30... tomorrow. I'll show you who takes the internet serious...

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

You just showed him by making this post. He doesn't even need to go now. Club bout to be in the club chillin now
pimp.gif

You just showed him by making this post. He doesn't even need to go now. Club bout to be in the club chillin now
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
that might be the sack-ridingest cosign I've ever read ..so when I'm done sharpshooting him, you can get piledriven over by the slide. We can royal rumble this %%!%+ out if any of you other bums wanna tussle. WHAT?!

pimp.gif
that might be the sack-ridingest cosign I've ever read ..so when I'm done sharpshooting him, you can get piledriven over by the slide. We can royal rumble this %%!%+ out if any of you other bums wanna tussle. WHAT?!

be nice
frown.gif

Spoiler [+]
you took my shot gracefully. I respect that

be nice
frown.gif

Spoiler [+]
you took my shot gracefully. I respect that

If OP's inability to continue the discussion actually proves my point, my job here is done. Ya'll be cool... I'm in the breeze.

If OP's inability to continue the discussion actually proves my point, my job here is done. Ya'll be cool... I'm in the breeze.

since i am currently still serving in the military, i read all the replies to this thread to see how NT thinks and i am amazed at the amount of ignorance in some of them.

You said that like I started this thread to talk to you alone. BE done with your "job" then. Hey, I thought I was the one taking !*#@ serious..what you getting all emotional for?
laugh.gif
smh.gif
some of ya'll are funny style for real man..
grin.gif

You said that like I started this thread to talk to you alone. BE done with your "job" then. Hey, I thought I was the one taking !*#@ serious..what you getting all emotional for?
laugh.gif
smh.gif
some of ya'll are funny style for real man..
grin.gif

since i am currently still serving in the military, i read all the replies to this thread to see how NT thinks and i am amazed at the amount of ignorance in some of them.

Originally Posted by peks03

I'm interested to see what you  as well as my guy Illutrious has to say.

Back
Top Bottom