Who are your 2 Favorite Athletes of ALL TIME??? (and why)

No debate about who is the best or anything like that needed. Just what 2 players in any sport are you the biggest fan of. Doesn't even matter if they are a scrub, although I'm sure most won't be. For me there isn't even a question:

I was 7 when he came in the league and he's honestly been my favorite player since that day. I think any Laker fan from my generation feels the same. Too many good memories.

Living in LA we didn't have a football team when I was young and I played WR. I remember seeing this dude play his first game against the Bucs when I was like 8. The second he made that first juggling TD catch, I begged my Dad for a Moss jersey. The man has consistently made the most impossible catches look like childs-play and still burns cornerbacks looking like he's hardly trying. I've rooted for whatever team he's been on since that day...

Who you guys got???

No debate about who is the best or anything like that needed. Just what 2 players in any sport are you the biggest fan of. Doesn't even matter if they are a scrub, although I'm sure most won't be. For me there isn't even a question:

I was 7 when he came in the league and he's honestly been my favorite player since that day. I think any Laker fan from my generation feels the same. Too many good memories.

Living in LA we didn't have a football team when I was young and I played WR. I remember seeing this dude play his first game against the Bucs when I was like 8. The second he made that first juggling TD catch, I begged my Dad for a Moss jersey. The man has consistently made the most impossible catches look like childs-play and still burns cornerbacks looking like he's hardly trying. I've rooted for whatever team he's been on since that day...

Who you guys got???

bure510.jpg

1. Pavel Bure

Dude was UNBELIEVABLY fast. Still my favorite player to have ever laced up skates.

dariusmiles19.jpg

2. Darius Miles

I don't know why.
laugh.gif
 Never ever regarded as good... I just started really caring abotu basketball around the time of those Clippers teams, and he and Q stood out to me.

I still pull for dude, hoping he makes a roster every year.

bure510.jpg

1. Pavel Bure

Dude was UNBELIEVABLY fast. Still my favorite player to have ever laced up skates.

dariusmiles19.jpg

2. Darius Miles

I don't know why.
laugh.gif
 Never ever regarded as good... I just started really caring abotu basketball around the time of those Clippers teams, and he and Q stood out to me.

I still pull for dude, hoping he makes a roster every year.

1. Allen Iverson - Will always respect how real he has & will always be. It has hindered his career as of late, but that is also what got him there as one of the best to ever do it.

2. Michael Jordan - The greatest. I didn't get to appreciate most of his career (especially the highlight-heavy first era), but ESPN Classic, youtube, and torrents have schooled me enough. His sneakers were kind of nice too.

1. Allen Iverson - Will always respect how real he has & will always be. It has hindered his career as of late, but that is also what got him there as one of the best to ever do it.

2. Michael Jordan - The greatest. I didn't get to appreciate most of his career (especially the highlight-heavy first era), but ESPN Classic, youtube, and torrents have schooled me enough. His sneakers were kind of nice too.

#1.
kobe-bryant-slam-dunk-laker.jpg

FROBE!

Pure explosion
30t6p3b.gif
. Dude jumped out the gym and landed in the stars next to Jack
pimp.gif
. Watch yo head homie, FROBE got wings on baby!
I agree with everything you said OP except I was 8 and didn't like him till I was 10 or 11. But from there... shoooooooooooot...

#2.
kobe-gamewinner-miami.jpg

Mamba..

The Closer
pimp.gif
. From game winners, to 3pt records, 40 point streaks, and everything else, The matured and evolved Kobe is a PROBLEM. I'm no stan, but I can honestly say watching dude's game evolve over the years have been a sight to see. Dude's "on the ground" game is UNMATCHED..

3. Jordan for obvious reasons

4. AI for SuperJ's reasons
grin.gif

5. Bob Sanders 1/3 of the time
30t6p3b.gif

#1.
kobe-bryant-slam-dunk-laker.jpg

FROBE!

Pure explosion
30t6p3b.gif
. Dude jumped out the gym and landed in the stars next to Jack
pimp.gif
. Watch yo head homie, FROBE got wings on baby!
I agree with everything you said OP except I was 8 and didn't like him till I was 10 or 11. But from there... shoooooooooooot...

#2.
kobe-gamewinner-miami.jpg

Mamba..

The Closer
pimp.gif
. From game winners, to 3pt records, 40 point streaks, and everything else, The matured and evolved Kobe is a PROBLEM. I'm no stan, but I can honestly say watching dude's game evolve over the years have been a sight to see. Dude's "on the ground" game is UNMATCHED..

3. Jordan for obvious reasons

4. AI for SuperJ's reasons
grin.gif

5. Bob Sanders 1/3 of the time
30t6p3b.gif

Ken Griffey, Jr. and Shawn Kemp, two of the most naturally gifted and electrifying athletes I've ever seen and they both played in my city during their prime.

Ken Griffey, Jr. and Shawn Kemp, two of the most naturally gifted and electrifying athletes I've ever seen and they both played in my city during their prime.

Mike Vrabel, played with just the right amount of swagger on the field while producing for great Patriot Teams

mike-vrabel--super-bowl-xxxix--celebrates-his-3rd-quarter-touchdown-reception.jpg

He just wins, and produces when the pressure is on
images

Mike Vrabel, played with just the right amount of swagger on the field while producing for great Patriot Teams

mike-vrabel--super-bowl-xxxix--celebrates-his-3rd-quarter-touchdown-reception.jpg

He just wins, and produces when the pressure is on
images

Michael Jordan = Greatest Of All Time

Ken Griffey Jr. = Greatest Baseball player i have ever seen

Michael Jordan = Greatest Of All Time

Ken Griffey Jr. = Greatest Baseball player i have ever seen

1. Brett Favre - I was born and raised in Wisconsin and was 9 years old when Favre took over as starting QB, so basically every memory of the Packers and football to me involved Favre. Don't get it twisted, he was GOD to the entire state of Wisconsin until the past few years happened. If he woulda stayed retired the first time, people would still worship him.

2. Barry Sanders - I used to love watching that guy play when I was a kid. He always made it seem like he was one of us in the backyard just brushing off tackles...that's how easy it looked for him.
pimp.gif

1. Brett Favre - I was born and raised in Wisconsin and was 9 years old when Favre took over as starting QB, so basically every memory of the Packers and football to me involved Favre. Don't get it twisted, he was GOD to the entire state of Wisconsin until the past few years happened. If he woulda stayed retired the first time, people would still worship him.

2. Barry Sanders - I used to love watching that guy play when I was a kid. He always made it seem like he was one of us in the backyard just brushing off tackles...that's how easy it looked for him.
pimp.gif

Darrell+Green.jpg

1. I really wish I could have seen him during his prime, but to go so long in the league and still be blessed with speed and insticts like that was awesome in his final years. 20 years, 1 team = RESPECT.

sean_taylor_narrowweb__300x401,0.jpg

2. Do I have to explain?

Rest of my top 5 :
3. LaVar
4. Portis
5. LeBron/Deion

Back
Top Bottom