Who are your 2 Favorite Athletes of ALL TIME??? (and why)

Gabriel Batistuta
GABRIEL_OMAR_BATISTUTA.jpg

Argentina's all time leading goalscorer, probably one of the greatest strikers to never win a World Cup.

Michael Vick
070202_vick_vmed_3pwidec.jpg

The most athletic and electrifying player to ever step on a football field, I lost hope in his career when he got locked up but the fact that he has come back the way he has makes me respect this man as an athlete like no other.

Allen Iverson - Guy had so much heart and ability. Proved to all the doubters again that basketball is a game of quickness not size. 4 NBA Scoring titles and an MVP at barely 6' with shoes on. plus his whole image and how how represented the cornrows and arm sleeve movements was dope lol. Guy always had the best gear, maybe not shoes, but the sleeve, crazy design rows, "The Answer" armbands. He was just something of a rare breed and he didn't bow down to the NBA to this day. Even Tim Donanaghy said a lot of ref's hated Iverson and wouldn't give him calls.

Larry Bird- One of the best White players to ever do it. CLUTCH shots/plays. Insanely cocky on the court but very humble off of it. Team player who knew how to pass.

Allen Iverson - Guy had so much heart and ability. Proved to all the doubters again that basketball is a game of quickness not size. 4 NBA Scoring titles and an MVP at barely 6' with shoes on. plus his whole image and how how represented the cornrows and arm sleeve movements was dope lol. Guy always had the best gear, maybe not shoes, but the sleeve, crazy design rows, "The Answer" armbands. He was just something of a rare breed and he didn't bow down to the NBA to this day. Even Tim Donanaghy said a lot of ref's hated Iverson and wouldn't give him calls.

Larry Bird- One of the best White players to ever do it. CLUTCH shots/plays. Insanely cocky on the court but very humble off of it. Team player who knew how to pass.

I can't choose two ... in alphabetical order by first name because I can't put one above the other ... they are sports for me ...

Allen Iverson
Deion Sanders
Ken Griffey Jr.

I saw AI play about 5 times and I watched a High School all star game with him and John Thomspon ... I saw Griffey play against the Orioles one time when I was real young but he was taken out early ... I'll never forget the first Monday night game at what is now FedEx field Deion came by doing his pre game lap and i dapped him up and he went straight into a backpedal ...

Swag/Skill/Legacy ...

I can't choose two ... in alphabetical order by first name because I can't put one above the other ... they are sports for me ...

Allen Iverson
Deion Sanders
Ken Griffey Jr.

I saw AI play about 5 times and I watched a High School all star game with him and John Thomspon ... I saw Griffey play against the Orioles one time when I was real young but he was taken out early ... I'll never forget the first Monday night game at what is now FedEx field Deion came by doing his pre game lap and i dapped him up and he went straight into a backpedal ...

Swag/Skill/Legacy ...

#1 and it's not even close.

aagq209reggie-miller-2005-playoffs-jump-shot-posters.jpg

Like my man a page back said tears were sheaded when Larry Brown called that timeout. The look on his face + the camera cutting to like 3-4 differnt people crying.
frown.gif

danmarino.jpg

THEE reason why i'm a phins fan. Also shed a tear when I went to his final regular season game against the skins.
laugh.gif

Honoroable mention. Barry Sanders, Mike Vick, Randy Moss, Lebron, Gary Payton,

#1 and it's not even close.

aagq209reggie-miller-2005-playoffs-jump-shot-posters.jpg

Like my man a page back said tears were sheaded when Larry Brown called that timeout. The look on his face + the camera cutting to like 3-4 differnt people crying.
frown.gif

danmarino.jpg

THEE reason why i'm a phins fan. Also shed a tear when I went to his final regular season game against the skins.
laugh.gif

Honoroable mention. Barry Sanders, Mike Vick, Randy Moss, Lebron, Gary Payton,

Originally Posted by peks03

8c1351e6e3dd93fa1f4615354d6388bdf07cf78.pjpg
4c935fe1e82f926f12ec16aa4a55c8adf4a32ab.pjpg

because i'm a Lakers' fan first before any other team or sport.  over and above their success with the Lakers, Magic gives business opportunities to the community and Kobe makes sure to visit the Philippines on his Asia trips.

BINGO!!!!!
Magic and Kobe
pimp.gif

and MJ is #3

Originally Posted by peks03

8c1351e6e3dd93fa1f4615354d6388bdf07cf78.pjpg
4c935fe1e82f926f12ec16aa4a55c8adf4a32ab.pjpg

because i'm a Lakers' fan first before any other team or sport.  over and above their success with the Lakers, Magic gives business opportunities to the community and Kobe makes sure to visit the Philippines on his Asia trips.

BINGO!!!!!
Magic and Kobe
pimp.gif

and MJ is #3

Dan Marino
Magic Johnson

First time I ever saw Dan throw a pass, I didn't know what to do with myself.  That guy put the ball wherever he wanted and that was with all 11 guys on the other side knowing he couldn't hand off to nobody. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Breaks my heart he's listed as "one of those" that could never get the big win. 

Magic balled like nobody else.  Everyone would want to be his teammate knowing they'd get the ball in perfect spot to complete the play, and when it was on the line, he would step up and take the game over.  He did everything, and everything well.  He was exciting as hell, and listening to Chick Hearn call his games was something I felt like I should be paying for. 
pimp.gif
  Almost killed me when I heard the news about Magic retiring.  I just didn't understand what was happening. 
frown.gif

Dan Marino
Magic Johnson

First time I ever saw Dan throw a pass, I didn't know what to do with myself.  That guy put the ball wherever he wanted and that was with all 11 guys on the other side knowing he couldn't hand off to nobody. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Breaks my heart he's listed as "one of those" that could never get the big win. 

Magic balled like nobody else.  Everyone would want to be his teammate knowing they'd get the ball in perfect spot to complete the play, and when it was on the line, he would step up and take the game over.  He did everything, and everything well.  He was exciting as hell, and listening to Chick Hearn call his games was something I felt like I should be paying for. 
pimp.gif
  Almost killed me when I heard the news about Magic retiring.  I just didn't understand what was happening. 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom