When did your girl know how much you make & amount in the bank

I don't understand how anyone would choose to save their parents over their spouse. And Im extremely close with my parents. My mom would slap the **** out of me if I saved her over my wife :lol:

I hope antidope's wife never gets laid off. She gonna be panhandling if she wants to spend any type of money :lol:
They gonna have separate cell lines cuz if she can't pay her bill that ain't his problem. Calling son from a pay phone when she catch a flat, that sint his problem either.

:rofl:

"You have a collect call from....'BABYHURRYIHAVEAFLATONMAINAND76th'....to accept, press one"

Last edited:
You guys have a weird concept of marriage, is no surprise so many marriages fail nowadays....I don't even understand the point of marrying someone you don't fully trust, to the point you wouldn't allow them to know how much you make or having hidden accounts, I don't see a problem to having separate accounts, but they shouldn't be kept hidden from one another...lol

QFT

Last edited:
I am not married. That comment alone will bring the conscending "You don't know anything then " comments but I feel as if I am fully capable of knowing how I will treat my finances married or not.

I am not married. That comment alone will bring the conscending "You don't know anything then " comments but I feel as if I am fully capable of knowing how I will treat my finances married or not.

Are you in a serious relationship? Based on your comments I wouldnt be surprised if you are having a hard time finding someone to agree with you on your ideologies.

But im sure there is someone out there that feels the same way as you so dont feel like you have to change if you are set in your ways.

He makes an interesting point.

I assume people would take a bullet for their mother and child before their wife, if the hypothetical situation presented itself. So I can understand the wife being 3rd place logic, but when you actually type it out of course it sounds wild

When you put it like that

Alonzo .gif

I just don't understand how you can't UNDERSTAND why someone would save their parents.ovet their wife.

Simple: your wife is the mother of your children, assuming you have them in this hypothetical scenario, and as such should be saved to ensure that your kids grow up with their mother

If you don't have kids your wife should still be saved because this is the woman you pledged your life to and promised to protect for the rest of your lives together. You would literally be breaking that promise by saving your parents over her.

Your parents have lived their lives and raised their family. They would expect you to take that bullet for your wife and would more than likely be disappointed in you if you took it for them instead

:rofl:

"You have a collect call from....'BABYHURRYIHAVEAFLATONMAINAND76th'....to accept, press one"

Crineeee

I've realized a lot of NTers are just really selfish individuals to fully comprehend the idea of EVER sacrificing or caring for someone else...specially a woman :lol:

Bro if you are not married, you simply don't know what is like, therefore I don't even hold you accountable for your very very selfish comment...I'm sure when that girl comes along and you are married you gonna look back on this way of thinking and laugh at yourself..lol

I don't understand how anyone would choose to save their parents over their spouse. And Im extremely close with my parents. My mom would slap the **** out of me if I saved her over my wife :lol:

I hope antidope's wife never gets laid off. She gonna be panhandling if she wants to spend any type of money :lol:
They gonna have separate cell lines cuz if she can't pay her bill that ain't his problem. Calling son from a pay phone when she catch a flat, that sint his problem either.

Antidope's wife barely gon be considered family bruh! She'll be slaving away for him and the kids on some Cinderella steez. He gon have her sitting at the kids table on Thanksgiving :lol:.

God forbid they get a dog. His wife will be eating from the bowl and sleeping at the foot of the bed

Reactions: HIM
When u meet a woman u care about enough all that will change. I can guarantee u tell her before u even married and vice versa. U say a lot of **** when u single.

Last edited:
It also feels like most guys in here believe the person they marry won't have as much money in the bank or a salary as high as them (or as low, given who we're talking about here).

When all things are the same at the end of the day when you're planning your future together, financials for your house, investments for retirement, funds for kids, emergencies, etc, with your significant other that you are married to, its pretty important to be transparent. You're supposed to have each others backs. And no, that doesn't mean you're on the hook for babying them and letting them piggy back on you for the rest of your life (or vice versa). There's a clear difference.

When u meet a woman u care about enough all that will change. I can guarantee u tell her before u even married and vice versa. U say a lot of **** when u single.

This too. You meet the right one all that goofy he man **** is out the window.

Last edited:
My lady and I exchanged salary info a few months ago after being together for 3+ years. I asked because she took a job out of state and I wanted to see if she was in a position to pay off her student loan debt. (I didn't tell her all that). She makes decent money and now living in the south helps a lot.

I feel like most of us have either experienced first hand, or at least witnessed, how the financials can impact relationship/marriage. I'm doing pretty well where I'm at and she's getting experience in her field. Hopefully she moves back after a year because I don't think my prospects are as promising outside the DMV. Hate to put a price on our future but again, if I move and can't make comparable salary then that would kill me on the inside. We'll see.. Taking it one day at a time and continuing to establish my career before I start thinking seriously about the long-term.

It's obvious that everyone is different and has various ideologies on finances, but in my case, I couldn't see how my wife and I could live with separate bank accounts and going half on everything. Half on a mortgage is something that's never ever crossed our minds; it's WE are taking on the mortgage, WE are buying this car, WE are doing it together. We have joint checking and when we had separate accounts, we both had access to each other's accounts. She's fully aware of what I make and I'm fully aware of what she makes. We make financial decisions together and I don't have a problem with that as she's the woman I've married and intend on dying with.

When you're married, things change, as they should, just like when you have a child.

It's obvious that everyone is different and has various ideologies on finances, but in my case, I couldn't see how my wife and I could live with separate bank accounts and going half on everything. Half on a mortgage is something that's never ever crossed our minds; it's WE are taking on the mortgage, WE are buying this car, WE are doing it together. We have joint checking and when we had separate accounts, we both had access to each other's accounts. She's fully aware of what I make and I'm fully aware of what she makes. We make financial decisions together and I don't have a problem with that as she's the woman I've married and intend on dying with.

When you're married, things change, as they should, just like when you have a child.

He isn't married, so basically he's talkin out of his *** I'm pretty sure the large majority of married men feel like you do :lol:

When a dude is single, grasping this idea of what's mines is yours is pretty far fetched....I get it.

Thread is pure comedy. Some cornballs in here.

My girlfriend... yes, I said girlfriend...knows how much I make, debt, credit score, etc.. What do I give a sh**? It's quite apparent some of you have been involved with or burned by some birds.

I'm not married but I've been with my girl for almost 7 years now ( please no comments i get it enough from her lol )

We have a joint savings account that we both put money into but other than that we have separate accounts. We split the rent, groceries, and other misc things for the house. Then she pays for the cable and I pay the cell phone bill. I have never asked her for access to her accounts and she hasn't asked me but we know for the most part where we stand because we communicate very regularly about our financial situation.(partially because we are buying a coop together)

I think for the people who dont want to give the other person access you don't need to but its very important to discuss financial things with your partner if things are serious. Financial stress causes so many issues in relationships its not worth it to be so secretive.

One point is bugging my mind.

If you're married with a kid. Both makes real nice income (70-100k lets say) and then one of you gets sick. Can't work or something. No insurance because not available in field or wtv reason. You do have a little emergency fund but not enough to cover the expenses of your child. Then what?

You wouldn't expect your wife (that makes 100k) to pich in a bit more to help you with your child. Or you would contract debt?

You guys are a team. One player down, the other helps him/her to get up.

When everything is fine, it's all good split 50/50 it could work. But everything is not always all good... People get fired everyday, people get sick everyday. **** happens and best believe i hope my wife will support me in the struggle if it ever happens to me. The same way i would support her unconditionnally through her rough times.

Thread is pure comedy. Some cornballs in here.

My girlfriend... yes, I said girlfriend...knows how much I make, debt, credit score, etc.. What do I give a sh**? It's quite apparent some of you have been involved with or burned by some birds.
So apparent. Please use your powers of deduction to tell me more about what you know about me.

He isn't married, so basically he's talkin out of his *** I'm pretty sure the large majority of married men feel like you do :lol:

When a dude is single, grasping this idea of what's mines is yours is pretty far fetched....I get it.
This is a cop out. Oh he's not married so he has no idea what he's talking about....

So apparent. Please use your powers of deduction to tell me more about what you know about me.

My powers of deduction would tell me you're extremely insecure, considering I made a general statement, and didn't single out anyone or even mention your name. Keep it moving because I'm not going to argue with you.

This is a cop out. Oh he's not married so he has no idea what he's talking about....

I don't think it's a cop out. I can think back to the point I was 25 making a 6 figure salary and dating thinking similar to you. It's my money I'll spend it as I wish. I didnt see the need to share what I worked for with someone that wasn't putting in the same work I was.

Now days married with 2 kids and make double what I was making at 25. My wife brings in maybe 20k a year but I wouldn't expect her to drive an old junk vehicle while I'm driving a brand new vehicle. But under your logic she should handle her car bill, half our mortgage, half the kids private school cost.

Now when she went Range Rover shopping last year I said no. But she still ended up with a new SUV. She could never afford that on her own. But she takes care of the kids, cooks, cleans, and handles anything I could ever need. To me that means she deserves half if not more than half...the kids are a full time job I couldn't deal with nearly as well as she does.

My powers of deduction would tell me you're extremely insecure, considering I made a general statement, and didn't single out anyone or even mention your name. Keep it moving because I'm not going to argue with you.
You made a general statement in a thread where iIam the only person arguing a viewpoint and used the phrase "Some of you"

But OK.

Back
Top Bottom