What jackets yall rockin this fall/winter?

Yeah I like this coat...but reviews say it isnt warm enough

https://www.hellyhansen.com/en_us/w-rigging-coat-62625

Yeah, it doesn't look too warm. That ones good as it has different layers but it's not like a goose/insulated. Seems good for wind and rain but not necessarily extreme warmth.

Sounds like you'd need something as in the link below. It covers it all as it's warm, waterproof, windproof etc....but you might not like the particular style. The fur is removable as well as the whole hood if preferred. If you search you could prob find it cheaper than the TNF website.
https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/womens-arctic-parka-ii-nf0a35bq#hero=0

How are Helly Hansens for warmth?

I still need a parka. My North face ain't cutting it. smh

My HH down bomber is really warm (almost too) for DC winters. Don't wear it that much except in Jan. when mornings dip below freezing. I'm sweating on the Metro in the afternoons though.

When I am in Chicago for the Christmas breaks, it works well during days (mid-upper 20s), especially spending days outside walking around. It requires a layer for Chicago nights though (upper single digits-teens), unless moving from car to indoors.

Yeah, it doesn't look too warm. That ones good as it has different layers but it's not like a goose/insulated. Seems good for wind and rain but not necessarily extreme warmth.

Sounds like you'd need something as in the link below. It covers it all as it's warm, waterproof, windproof etc....but you might not like the particular style. The fur is removable as well as the whole hood if preferred. If you search you could prob find it cheaper than the TNF website.
https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/womens-arctic-parka-ii-nf0a35bq#hero=0

Thank you I dont particularly like it but I might have to deal with it. lol. what are your thoughts on this coat? I think i can get it at a reasonable price. I was only hesitant because I dont really like the traditional parka and bubble coat look. i don't like the big pockets in the front and I kinda wanted a split in the back...but I think I may have to give in with one of the two :frown:

s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg

The description says it’s a rain jacket with extra warmth. I wouldn’t use it in the winter unless you’re layering up.

Noted. Thank you. I am trying to avoid layering up.

My HH down bomber is really warm (almost too) for DC winters. Don't wear it that much except in Jan. when mornings dip below freezing. I'm sweating on the Metro in the afternoons though.

When I am in Chicago for the Christmas breaks, it works well during days (mid-upper 20s), especially spending days outside walking around. It requires a layer for Chicago nights though (upper single digits-teens), unless moving from car to indoors.

Yeah thats where I'm at in DC.

Thank you I dont particularly like it but I might have to deal with it. lol. what are your thoughts on this coat? I think i can get it at a reasonable price. I was only hesitant because I dont really like the traditional parka and bubble coat look. i don't like the big pockets in the front and I kinda wanted a split in the back...but I think I may have to give...

That HH jacket appears to be warm by doing some quick searches. No HH stores in DC?

da ish you lookin for in clothing as far as lavish swag aura is easily met & exceeded in having a heavy cuban on ur neck.

you wouldn't be torching bread on frivolous ish like that duck dynasty pimp special... trust me.
I don’t care about that you got it twisted, not tryna swag or show off or whatever you call it

I don’t care about that you got it twisted, not tryna swag or show off or whatever you call it
fb27659a-f63b-467f-9945-f1f3a0a34ab4-jpeg.2224865

yea ite b. :lol:

picture says a 1000 words.

what im trying to get you to understand is gear in general after alwhile reaches a point where its impossible to reach a higher octive of fly...

with all due respect, when you get to a point that you gotta torch high quantities of duckets to outfit yourself with more obscure(and increasingly hideous) high priced apparel to get chase that same "high", you know you hit ur celing wit da threads, and its time to get some gold, and some wheels... trust me duke, i speak from experience.

No clue what you’re talking about doggy

you spending too much money on ish that is already mastered (your wardrobe)...your repertoire could enter da next level wit some shines. at this point just coppin gear & not gettin flossy with other facets is beatin a dead horse.

you spending too much money on ish that is already mastered (your wardrobe)...your repertoire could enter da next level wit some shines. at this point just coppin gear & not gettin flossy with other facets is beatin a dead horse.
Oh well

Back
Top Bottom