We Still Believe!!! Team Pilipinas 2009

offensive rebounds killed the RP .......
too many possesionss.. tskkkk..

see you in 2011 fiba asia.. damn fell short.. bumaba ng 5 points un lamang eh.. offensive rebound lang tlga/..

final score 81-70 Jordan advances, we missed a lot of opportunities at the end, tama si asst coach dapat 60% ang tres natin in order to win, dami natin chances but shots just won't fall, sayang, sana may katotohanan yung wild card phase para may chance pa din tayo makapasok

yep.this is the first time im still happy eventhough we lost. Our team despite being the underdog put up a good fight.
pimp.gif
Norwood swatting the shot of Abbas towards the end of the game. we still haveanother game tom against whoever loses between Iran and Qatar.

Yeah, team Philippines show a decent fight. It will take more years for all the players to blend in to play as one team.

Out of the Topic:

They should revisit the era of the Northern Consolidated Cement (all amateur players that went on to play for the National Colors). They have 2 or 3 importsthough. But Joining the PBA back then as a whole unit honed their confidence to play the international league. It has been a continuous program lead by RonJacobs.

SMH! I Think Team Pilipinas should get the 5th Place for a Chance on the Wildcard Tournament, I Mean, Miracles do happen

Or.....Should we Focus on Smart Gilas now?

links are all dead, i had to watched the game across the street from my work. together with other tambays and manongs which made the game even moreentertaining kahit talo...
frown.gif
all i can say is, this team did us proud.gave their best.

STOP BLAMING PLAYERS PAG TALO. PEACE
happy.gif

as basketball fans all we can do is hope and pray. we still have games and our team should not be discouraged by this loss. 5th place is pretty decent.

Norwood played his heart out today, kudos to him.. All in all, it was a good t0urnament 4 the rp team.. Hopefully we can salvage 5th place t0 get an invitati0n4 d wildcard t0urney..

Norwood played his heart out today, kudos to him.. All in all, it was a good t0urnament 4 the rp team.. Hopefully we can salvage 5th place t0 get an invitati0n4 d wildcard t0urney..

smart gilas will be ready in 3 years time .. hope they natrualized that cj giles.. the one who played for LA i think.. he is willing to be naturalized,,

gabe norwood starting to get hot then kalbo put him in the bench damn..

raymundo sucks big timeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........

dapat mkha 5th place.. at least phil will be in top 5 teams here in asia hehe..

Where is Arwind and Japeth anway? and what is with Kerby, He seems too scared this year, unlike the 2007 Kerby Raymundo..

Btw, Ano ba ung parang Dinadrop nila dun sa parang Cloth na Bag before the Start of the Game, After the National Athem??

sayang, but the team played good and gave their best which is all we could ask for, we could have used extra shooters during the 4th q run, sayang we ran outof gas when we cut the lead to 5, sana nga matuloy yung wildcard at makapasok pa tayo

Why the heck was Kerby in there that late in the game? He was off today and he didn't contribute at all. Dillinger was playing quite well pero di napinasok...I donno why.

Norwood did indeed play extremely well! I think we should have given him more pick and roll situations. He was driving in well, shooting well...I guess theJordanians would have noticed and doubled up on him, freeing up someone in the lane.

And why oh why did the team not pick up its defensive intensity especially when the lead was down to 5??

Offensive rebounds and second-chance points by the Jordanians killed us. Is it just me or are Sonny Thoss and Mick Pennisi just completely flat footed? Di silatumatalon for the rebound, naiiwanan pa pag nag-position for the rebound. Boxing-out was also subpar.

Mind you, these are constructive criticisms from an armchair coach...sayang. We could have won the game!!!!!
Overall, decent showing for Team Pilipinas!!!
pimp.gif

^ I think japeth is still raw para sa international competitions, still sana nabigyan siya ng chance, ika nga experience is the best teacher. as for arwindbadtrip parin ata c yeng sa kanya
laugh.gif

i think dapat nga tayo mag file ng protest laban sa jordan but we lose, would it make us sore losers?

i just don't get why there's no adjustment on the way they defend the pick n rolls.

our defense always go under the pick instead of over playing the screener or go for the switch to man with the ball..

coming under the pick would create a lot of space that's why it always frees their shooters.smh

haha oh well!

we'll get them next time.. or the following one.. or the time after that... eventually, we will
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kykoman

gusto ko din san isama ang Diaz brothers si Paquito & Romy
kwento ng erpat ko matindi din lumaro yung mag utol, nandudura daw si Romy while drivng to the basket.

yun din ang turo sa akin noong bata pa ako ng mga pinsan ko.. duraan mo daw if may mag drive sa basket
roll.gif
no foul daw yun
roll.gif

team pilipinas gave their all.. im still proud even though we lost..

Originally Posted by wubbofett

Originally Posted by kykoman

gusto ko din san isama ang Diaz brothers si Paquito & Romy
kwento ng erpat ko matindi din lumaro yung mag utol, nandudura daw si Romy while drivng to the basket.

yun din ang turo sa akin noong bata pa ako ng mga pinsan ko.. duraan mo daw if may mag drive sa basket
roll.gif
no foul daw yun
roll.gif

team pilipinas gave their all.. im still proud even though we lost..

James used to do that a lot pero grabe ang backer kaya untouchable
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom