We Still Believe!!! Team Pilipinas 2009

It was rather obvious that Team Pilipinas pulled its punches, most likely because Coach Guiao wanted them to rest. I found that the defensive intensity presentin yesterday's game against Iran was absent today. We shot WAY fewer 3-pointers (I think we shot less than 20 today, while shooting around 43yesterday...and I agree with the two commentators that this is probably because we had a better chance of scoring from the inside) and the ball movement was abit lackluster and sloppier. In any case, I still think that they were "resting" today in order to prepare for the tougher game on Friday (thatright?). I still think we need to move the ball a lot more and create more assist opportunities if we want to beat teams like Iran. Quickness and agility arethere, and as of now we can pretty much shoot the lights out (especially during the Japan game)...and most of our players are quite athletic so we should usethat to our advantage against the heftier opponents. Halata bang walang magawa...may sakit ako eh!! Hahahaha.

Anyone noticed a Kuwaiti player wearing Hyperize PI
happy.gif

Pero at halftime sabi ng commentator tinatanong ni Coach Yeng kung magkano ang fine kasi kung ganyan din daw ang laro nila eh wag na daw silamaglaro........
pimp.gif

RP 85 - Kuwai 71. Clearly Team Philippines is holding it's punches for their next game. Still a great game though.

How can you watch these games in the states? I came back from the pinas just today and would really wanna catch the last game before the next round.

Originally Posted by soul228

James Yap just showed Tien Lei who's boss and that the MVP and Nike Invitational Title were no fluke.
smokin.gif

If I remember correctly, Taiwan and RP faced-off for the 1999-2000 U-18 Nike Invitational where the Philippines won over Taiwan and James Yap won the MVP while Tien Lei was the star of Chinese Taipei.
di ko maalala to ah, anyway regarding sa comment ng iran na wala tayo sa kanila, mayabang talaga yung coach nila eh sa jones cup pa lang mayabangna mananalita eh

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

Originally Posted by irumi

yeng guiao told the boys "tirahin nyu otso" haha..

Really?
laugh.gif

yup after jj shoot a 3 the kuwait player planted its foot below jj,, very dangerous act,, actuall jj fell down and got hurt,, whew,, tinisod ni thoss afterthat haha..

RP vs JORDAN at 2pm, Its all about Vengeance! They Eliminated us in 07, We will Eliminate them in 09.

Darn! Gotta Go! I still have an Exam tomorrow until saturday, Wish me Luck! Time to make sunog-kilay
laugh.gif

A big part of me believes, rather strongly, that the Philippines has a fighting chance against Jordan. We made it to the final eight, but I don't think theplayers are content on finishing just one spot above our Tokushima finish. Yeng Guiao certainly motivates the players in his own, bizarre ways but I think theyare starting to stand up to the real call of duty. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. Bilog naman ang bola, hindi araw-arawpasko!
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

yeng guiao told the boys "tirahin nyu otso" haha..

Really?
laugh.gif

yup after jj shoot a 3 the kuwait player planted its foot below jj,, very dangerous act,, actuall jj fell down and got hurt,, whew,, tinisod ni thoss after that haha..
laugh.gif
gotta watch the replay, anyway hope we win one againstJordan and get a chance to go to world in Turkey

[h2]We can exact revenge to Iran if we get past Jordan...
tongue.gif

[/h2][h2]Knockout round[/h2]
http://
[h3]Bracket[/h3][table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Quarter finals[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Semi finals[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Final[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Qatar[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Iran[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Jordan[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Philippines[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Korea[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Lebanon[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]Third place[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Chinese Taipei[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] China[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

roll.gif
roll.gif
Yeng saying "kayo na bahala sa otso" after planting a foot onhelterbrand. Maybe thats exactly what we need. Like the old days when other countries are scared to drive to the hoop because they know something bad willhappen to them.
roll.gif
RP vs Jordan tom. Jordan is a very strong team. WarPhilippines!hope they wear the red jerseys
pimp.gif

good luck to the RP team on this one. There's a battle for third pa db? Incase we win against jordan and lose to Iran? Hopefully Korea beats Lebanon. IMOwe have a better chance against Korea instead of Lebanon. Lebanon's big man IMO are very good and would be a pain in the *** for the RP team.

Originally Posted by carmelocu

Like the old days when other countries are scared to drive to the hoop because they know something bad will happen to them.
roll.gif
read this from the other forum.

Ayon sa ilan pa sa ating mga dating manlalaro noong nakakapasoktayo sa Olympics, wala na rin sa mga manlalaro natin ang manindak. Halimbawa ang huling laro natin sa Olympics laban sa Japan. Sa hotel pa lang daw, tinatakotna ng mga player natin ang mga Hapon. Sa pila sa almusal sa hotel, binabangga na nila, at sinesenyasan na gigilitin nila ang mga ito. Ang resulta? Di na silamakapalag pagdating ng aktwal na laro, at natambakan natin sila, Ito ang isang uri ng angas na di na nakikita, lalo na sa mga manlalaro natingFil-Am.

If Powerade Team Pilipinas fails to make the semis, SBP executive director Noli Eala said the team should still work hard to salvage fifth placesince the FIBA is set to stage a wildcard qualifier for the world meet. "Four wildcard slots will be put at stake among 10 non-qualifiers from the fiveFIBA sub-zones. The fourth and fifth placers here are likely to be invited," said Eala

Originally Posted by triLbiejenna

Originally Posted by carmelocu

Like the old days when other countries are scared to drive to the hoop because they know something bad will happen to them.
roll.gif
read this from the other forum.

Ayon sa ilan pa sa ating mga dating manlalaro noong nakakapasok tayo sa Olympics, wala na rin sa mga manlalaro natin ang manindak. Halimbawa ang huling laro natin sa Olympics laban sa Japan. Sa hotel pa lang daw, tinatakot na ng mga player natin ang mga Hapon. Sa pila sa almusal sa hotel, binabangga na nila, at sinesenyasan na gigilitin nila ang mga ito. Ang resulta? Di na sila makapalag pagdating ng aktwal na laro, at natambakan natin sila, Ito ang isang uri ng angas na di na nakikita, lalo na sa mga manlalaro nating Fil-Am.
roll.gif

They should've brought an entourage of gangsters from Tondo.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom