Tom Brady becomes the first unanimously voted MVP :Hat

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

no adam v
no super bowl W
its that simple
laugh.gif

so people aren't surprised that brady won, but people think that OTHERS should have used their vote on vick? am i missing something here? unless you feel brady was not the clear cut mvp, then why should vick have received some votes? they only get one vote right?

EDIT: if you want to say vick deserved to win, fine. but to say brady deserved to win, but that at least one person should have given their vote to vick makes no sense.

so people aren't surprised that brady won, but people think that OTHERS should have used their vote on vick? am i missing something here? unless you feel brady was not the clear cut mvp, then why should vick have received some votes? they only get one vote right?

EDIT: if you want to say vick deserved to win, fine. but to say brady deserved to win, but that at least one person should have given their vote to vick makes no sense.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

eek.gif
@ racism...wow
Nevermind that NFL for just a moment, but do you think racism still exist in this country at all??

see that arguement is what just isn't right, if there is only proof of you cheating, or bending the rules in any way in only that play/game/inning/season then it should just be limited to saying, They cheated there, and thats wrong. not to assume that they were doing it in the past.  
I don't make the rules champ, I just play the game.  It is what it is.

Below is one of my responses from earlier............

I honestly would have picked Vick based upon numbers and performance overall, but that's just me.  Again, I can definitely see how and why Brady won MVP.  My "complaint" isn't about Brady being the MVP, far from it.  I just find it funny and odd that he won unanimously, especially this year of all years. 

eek.gif
@ racism...wow
Nevermind that NFL for just a moment, but do you think racism still exist in this country at all??

see that arguement is what just isn't right, if there is only proof of you cheating, or bending the rules in any way in only that play/game/inning/season then it should just be limited to saying, They cheated there, and thats wrong. not to assume that they were doing it in the past.  
I don't make the rules champ, I just play the game.  It is what it is.

I honestly would have picked Vick based upon numbers and performance overall, but that's just me.  Again, I can definitely see how and why Brady won MVP.  My "complaint" isn't about Brady being the MVP, far from it.  I just find it funny and odd that he won unanimously, especially this year of all years. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

eek.gif
@ racism...wow

of course it still exists in this country, man. i just don't believe this a case of vick being robbed of a MVP because he's black. vick was one or two good games away from stealing some votes imo. he didn't finish as strong as he could have. i didn't hear ANYONE outside of NT mention his name as MVP after week 16. mid year, his name was right there as a potential winner. but the way he finished versus how brady finished...i think that what made it so unanimous. when all was said and done, brady had one of the best statistical seasons as a QB on the team with the best offense in the league while playing with a bunch of rookies, undrafted FA's, and big stud receiver in deion branch.

now from a purely numbers standpoint, offensive player of the year is another story. i don't know how close the voting was for that. but that was an award vick definitely should have received a good amount of votes for, if not winning it outright.

eek.gif
@ racism...wow

of course it still exists in this country, man. i just don't believe this a case of vick being robbed of a MVP because he's black. vick was one or two good games away from stealing some votes imo. he didn't finish as strong as he could have. i didn't hear ANYONE outside of NT mention his name as MVP after week 16. mid year, his name was right there as a potential winner. but the way he finished versus how brady finished...i think that what made it so unanimous. when all was said and done, brady had one of the best statistical seasons as a QB on the team with the best offense in the league while playing with a bunch of rookies, undrafted FA's, and big stud receiver in deion branch.

now from a purely numbers standpoint, offensive player of the year is another story. i don't know how close the voting was for that. but that was an award vick definitely should have received a good amount of votes for, if not winning it outright.

colon-hat, indeed, sir, colon-hat, indeed.

my dude had a HS JV running back stable this year.....

and a JUCO WR core

(maybe thats why he was unanimous.....cause he had, arguably, the worst offensive team, on paper...)

vick aint even start this year as the starting QB, so save all that "he deserved..." posts...

roll.gif
@ people still salty over spygate...

spygate was the equivalent to catching someone jaywalking...

yes, its not supposed to be done, but everyone does it...

laugh.gif
 @ FANS being upset players watch film of each other...

even back to HS football days, coaches did walkthroughs on the opposite side of the field....

we could literally watch every play they were going to run...

you still gotta line up and execute...

roll.gif

are yall sure yall watch FOOTBALL?

lol @ spygate, lemme guess, yous a Oakland fan?

and a JUCO WR core

(maybe thats why he was unanimous.....cause he had, arguably, the worst offensive team, on paper...)

vick aint even start this year as the starting QB, so save all that "he deserved..." posts...

roll.gif

laugh.gif

even back to HS football days, coaches did walkthroughs on the opposite side of the field....

roll.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

and a JUCO WR core

roll.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Has he won a Playoff Game since 07/spygate though?

and a JUCO WR core

roll.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

eek.gif
@ racism...wow

I hear ya but as far as Brady "playing with a bunch of rookies, undrafted FA's" let's not forget that Belichick won COACH of the year.  So it goes without saying that the Patriots have/had another mastermind behind their success.  Again, I have no issue with Brady being MVP and although I personally wanted Vick to be MVP or co-MVP I'm not mad that Vick isn't the MVP.  I just find it strange that Brady won unaimiously as Vick didn't get at least 1 vote.  This is the first time ever that the NFL MVP vote was unanimous, think of all the great players and MVP's there have been.  Now take into account that this is the first time that this has happened, it just strikes me as odd.  

eek.gif
@ racism...wow

I hear ya but as far as Brady "playing with a bunch of rookies, undrafted FA's" let's not forget that Belichick won COACH of the year.  So it goes without saying that the Patriots have/had another mastermind behind their success.  Again, I have no issue with Brady being MVP and although I personally wanted Vick to be MVP or co-MVP I'm not mad that Vick isn't the MVP.  I just find it strange that Brady won unaimiously as Vick didn't get at least 1 vote.  This is the first time ever that the NFL MVP vote was unanimous, think of all the great players and MVP's there have been.  Now take into account that this is the first time that this has happened, it just strikes me as odd.  

eNPHAN wrote:

Stop.
roll.gif

Posting in double space sentences.

I mean really.

How old are you?
glasses.gif

The NFL did VICK dirty.
30t6p3b.gif

But why do you post like that?
frown.gif

mad.gif

Good day sir.
roll.gif

eNPHAN wrote:

Stop.
roll.gif

Posting in double space sentences.

I mean really.

How old are you?
glasses.gif

The NFL did VICK dirty.
30t6p3b.gif

But why do you post like that?
frown.gif

mad.gif

Good day sir.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

has he had a decent player in a skill position since he came in the leauge, tho?
yes. Answer the question though.

we attribute the FACT (why would i have to state a fact?) to two different factors.

i say its because he has subpar players in offensive skill positions (i.e. two "nobodies" in the backfield)

and a practically division II recieving core....

whereas, you attribute it to......them beign caught "cheating"?

eyes.gif

how did vick get done dirty?

he had no chance in winning....what does it matter he got no votes?

would it feel better, as a vick fan, to say "he got 7 votes, tho"?

really?

if vick had the group of players Brady ran on offense, they would have been AWFUL

if ANYONE besides tommy touchdown had run that offense, it would have been atrocious

which is why he won unanimously....

old school, high school football offense/mentality

we just need the physically able players to plug into our machine as pegs...

they do it on offense and defense...

before tom brady was tom brady he was very marginal...

he works within the system....perfectly...

jsut like all the other scrub players they have, who excell, because of the system...

i mean, they let players walk, they cut players, trade players left and right....

you say "damn, they got rid of richard seymor, whatre they gonna do?"

and the defense gets BETTER?

they trade randy moss for a 3rd round pick......and brady keeps the offense rolling...

dude asks me "whens the last time they won a playoff game since they went to the superbowl?"

lol, like going to the superbowl is commonplace...

well, for patriot's fans, it is...

laugh.gif

has he had a decent player in a skill position since he came in the leauge, tho?
yes. Answer the question though.

we attribute the FACT (why would i have to state a fact?) to two different factors.

i say its because he has subpar players in offensive skill positions (i.e. two "nobodies" in the backfield)

and a practically division II recieving core....

whereas, you attribute it to......them beign caught "cheating"?

eyes.gif

how did vick get done dirty?

he had no chance in winning....what does it matter he got no votes?

would it feel better, as a vick fan, to say "he got 7 votes, tho"?

really?

if vick had the group of players Brady ran on offense, they would have been AWFUL

if ANYONE besides tommy touchdown had run that offense, it would have been atrocious

which is why he won unanimously....

old school, high school football offense/mentality

we just need the physically able players to plug into our machine as pegs...

they do it on offense and defense...

before tom brady was tom brady he was very marginal...

he works within the system....perfectly...

jsut like all the other scrub players they have, who excell, because of the system...

i mean, they let players walk, they cut players, trade players left and right....

you say "damn, they got rid of richard seymor, whatre they gonna do?"

and the defense gets BETTER?

they trade randy moss for a 3rd round pick......and brady keeps the offense rolling...

dude asks me "whens the last time they won a playoff game since they went to the superbowl?"

lol, like going to the superbowl is commonplace...

well, for patriot's fans, it is...

laugh.gif

and a JUCO WR core

roll.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Come on, dude. The Pats have won a Division Title every year since and one without Tom Brady. Playoffs is all about match-ups and "who's hot".

and a JUCO WR core

roll.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Come on, dude. The Pats have won a Division Title every year since and one without Tom Brady. Playoffs is all about match-ups and "who's hot".

Back
Top Bottom