There are NO benefits for men to get married.

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

I feel majority of Americanized women have killed chivarly/marriage.
laugh.gif
 we killed hopes and dreams too.
Yeah....you guys hopes and dreams
laugh.gif
we also club baby seals on our days off from ruining lives.
laugh.gif

We don't have ceremonies to blow money on a party. In general they're a way for humans to add significance to an event. It's like when a tribe forces kids at 16 to live a month alone in the wild (or whatever), the kid becomes a man then (as opposed to what we do, which is have kids as a please and most people at 30 still aren't men).

Women usually can't raise children on their own so they're not going to agree to have kids until the man commits. Whether it's balanced is up for debate. But in most cases the mother is expected to give up more of her life and career to raise the children, not to mention the 9 months of pregnancy, which is roughly counterbalanced by the man providing support (not just financially but as a father).

All this stuff about love and pragmatic benefits (like tax breaks) is not at the core of it but it's still related. Since the idea is you only commit to one person, it's natural to want to commit to someone you already have an emotional attachment to.

Other forms of families (variations of polygamy) are valid depending on the circumstances but, for the vast majority of us, monogamy and commitment make the most sense. If you're rich or in a tribe, polygamy can make sense.

We don't have ceremonies to blow money on a party. In general they're a way for humans to add significance to an event. It's like when a tribe forces kids at 16 to live a month alone in the wild (or whatever), the kid becomes a man then (as opposed to what we do, which is have kids as a please and most people at 30 still aren't men).

Women usually can't raise children on their own so they're not going to agree to have kids until the man commits. Whether it's balanced is up for debate. But in most cases the mother is expected to give up more of her life and career to raise the children, not to mention the 9 months of pregnancy, which is roughly counterbalanced by the man providing support (not just financially but as a father).

All this stuff about love and pragmatic benefits (like tax breaks) is not at the core of it but it's still related. Since the idea is you only commit to one person, it's natural to want to commit to someone you already have an emotional attachment to.

Other forms of families (variations of polygamy) are valid depending on the circumstances but, for the vast majority of us, monogamy and commitment make the most sense. If you're rich or in a tribe, polygamy can make sense.

Originally Posted by LDJ

But please explain this to me real talk, how and why do ppl go before god, and somehow over look all the sinning and false following, and hypocricy in their religious convictions, then say and ask god to over look this lifetime of actions and please approve this union between us to, then vow that they will always have a undying unconditional love, then say oh well if my wife/husband lie/cheat etc do something i dont like and then im leaving aka divorce? Wouldnt that be conditions then? ill be married love you etc so long as you do/dont do this. So essentially you lied to god, yet believe he gave you blessings although you are a wishy washy follower and you swore boldface lied to him in his house? Cause the vows do say unconditionally to death do us part. And cheating isnt death, losing a job isnt death, not taking me out treating me like you use to isnt death. Or are you saying that those things are death?

/THREAD.....
LDJ wins again. For like the 20th time now
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

No he doesnt. and i will destory his logic

look.....first of all god means nothing to me

god is a word that is insignificant.

5 percenters say wer'e gods so thats half the battle....

2nd when did i ever say anything about religion....i havent

if anything im talkin about secular terms....game....you wanna keep running game in your 60s thats fine

have fun.

but im gonna be lookin at you sayin been there, done that.

honestly, you'd still wanna be in your position?

if anything, use the word fortitude (fortitude to be there for your children and im not saying monogomy, honestly, either).

no fap july ninjas are putting in FORTITUDE

anton and Jd you dont ever want to try your logic with me.

it will get thrown back into your face every time.

............as for the sinning topic.  Sin is disobedience to the Lord.....

saying 'forget that, i got this' ....its putting yourself first.  in society, people who put themselves first, where do they end up?......exactly...

2nd, the BIBLE (yes BIBLE you clowns) teaches us that we were made in the image of YHWH.......so if you disobey your own word can you not forgive yourself and move on?....

or at least, ask for forgiveness, seek it and attain it?

you guys have no hope compared to my words.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Apparently a lot of folks don't know the origins of marriage.
It had very little to do with love. In fact, it had probably nothing to do with love.

Life is governed by incentives and disincentives; carrots and sticks. Present day marriage (at least in the Western world) completely screws up this natural system. 

In layman's terms, both parties come to the rational conclusion that the other party "ain't going anywhere". There's no incentive to keep the other party happy so that they don't run off and find someone who can. Both parties have an incentive to become complacent. This in turn starts to whittle down the relationship. Then you bring children into the picture and now the woman (with the aid of the legal system) has the guy completely by the balls. I know a lot of married women know this because it's a completely rational thought. I don't blame them for knowing  this and acting on it. They have an incentive to do so. 

Women want marriage because it turns an equal relationship into one where they start to assume more and more power (with the aid of the law). In developing countries, the opposite is true. Men like marriage because they hold the power. 

A relationship works at it's most optimal when there is a balance of power between the two sides. Then there are incentives for both parties to keep the other happy and interested. The knowledge that one may party may leave at any time  drives both parties to keep that from happening. 

Marriage isn;t good for relationships which have that balance. It may be good for unbalanced relationships but those relationships are not optimal in the first place. 
Exactly. The most likely reason we have high divorce rates? Love. 50-something years ago, it was about being stable, before that, power. Those things usually last a lot longer than love...

It had very little to do with love. In fact, it had probably nothing to do with love.

Life is governed by incentives and disincentives; carrots and sticks. Present day marriage (at least in the Western world) completely screws up this natural system. 

In layman's terms, both parties come to the rational conclusion that the other party "ain't going anywhere". There's no incentive to keep the other party happy so that they don't run off and find someone who can. Both parties have an incentive to become complacent. This in turn starts to whittle down the relationship. Then you bring children into the picture and now the woman (with the aid of the legal system) has the guy completely by the balls. I know a lot of married women know this because it's a completely rational thought. I don't blame them for knowing  this and acting on it. They have an incentive to do so. 

Women want marriage because it turns an equal relationship into one where they start to assume more and more power (with the aid of the law). In developing countries, the opposite is true. Men like marriage because they hold the power. 

A relationship works at it's most optimal when there is a balance of power between the two sides. Then there are incentives for both parties to keep the other happy and interested. The knowledge that one may party may leave at any time  drives both parties to keep that from happening. 

Marriage isn;t good for relationships which have that balance. It may be good for unbalanced relationships but those relationships are not optimal in the first place. 
Exactly. The most likely reason we have high divorce rates? Love. 50-something years ago, it was about being stable, before that, power. Those things usually last a lot longer than love...

Originally Posted by LDJ

But please explain this to me real talk, how and why do ppl go before god, and somehow over look all the sinning and false following, and hypocricy in their religious convictions, then say and ask god to over look this lifetime of actions and please approve this union between us to, then vow that they will always have a undying unconditional love, then say oh well if my wife/husband lie/cheat etc do something i dont like and then im leaving aka divorce? Wouldnt that be conditions then? ill be married love you etc so long as you do/dont do this. So essentially you lied to god, yet believe he gave you blessings although you are a wishy washy follower and you swore boldface lied to him in his house? Cause the vows do say unconditionally to death do us part. And cheating isnt death, losing a job isnt death, not taking me out treating me like you use to isnt death. Or are you saying that those things are death?

/THREAD.....
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

if anything im talkin about secular terms....game....you wanna keep running game in your 60s thats fine

have fun.

if anything, use the word fortitude (fortitude to be there for your children and im not saying monogomy, honestly, either).

saying 'forget that, i got this' ....its putting yourself first.  in society, people who put themselves first, where do they end up?......exactly...

2nd, the BIBLE (yes BIBLE you clowns) teaches us that we were made in the image of YHWH.......so if you disobey your own word can you not forgive yourself and move on?....

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

/THREAD.....
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

have fun.

2s6u9mh.gif

/THREAD.....
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

have fun.

2s6u9mh.gif

Originally Posted by H4ppyTime Harry

This current form of marriage asks men to give up everything.  Where does the man get his piece of the pie?
When it was about consolidating power/ creating peace, the man's "piece of the pie" was obvious. When it was about stability, the man had his piece. Bring in the money and the rest is done. The man had his job. The wife had hers. Was it optimal? No. Was it stable? Yes. 

Now? It's so easy to get a divorce and at the end of that road, the man loses. Almost always. He loses his kids and his money.

The woman wins when they get married. The woman wins when they get divorced. Heads I win. Tails you lose. 

I'm supposed to go for this? 

Love is all well and good but in only 25 years on this planet I know for a fact that people change. They can change for good or for bad but they do not stay the same. 

Originally Posted by H4ppyTime Harry

This current form of marriage asks men to give up everything.  Where does the man get his piece of the pie?
When it was about consolidating power/ creating peace, the man's "piece of the pie" was obvious. When it was about stability, the man had his piece. Bring in the money and the rest is done. The man had his job. The wife had hers. Was it optimal? No. Was it stable? Yes. 

Now? It's so easy to get a divorce and at the end of that road, the man loses. Almost always. He loses his kids and his money.

The woman wins when they get married. The woman wins when they get divorced. Heads I win. Tails you lose. 

I'm supposed to go for this? 

Love is all well and good but in only 25 years on this planet I know for a fact that people change. They can change for good or for bad but they do not stay the same. 

eek.gif

pimp.gif

have fun.

DALLAS???!!!! LOL

basketball was invented in mass.

your swag so far is negative...in the deficit (you owe us)

so far ive owned you twice

good night!

eek.gif

pimp.gif

have fun.

DALLAS???!!!! LOL

basketball was invented in mass.

your swag so far is negative...in the deficit (you owe us)

so far ive owned you twice

good night!

Here are my thoughts with typical American marriages and beautiful Americanized women. (Based from family, friends, experience)

I feel majority of Americanized women have killed chivarly/marriage. There is a sense of entitlement they give off like all guys owe them something because there beautiful. They might also use the feminist card, but only when it benefits them. They see thses things in movies or read in those gossip magazines written by other women who claim to know all about what men want. I want men not to worship these kind of women. Change the culture of dating for better words even tho I know this is not going to happen. Just think if there wasnt so many guys worshipping these girls then maybe they would not expect things and appreciate more guys, not just bypass them because there average, too nice or whatever. How come its generally ok for these kind of women to be the trophy wife, but when the roles are reversed then the guy is looked as a loser? How come these type of women seem to always marry up. These women are complicated, but men we just want a more old fashioned beautiful down to earth type girl that knows when to !+*$. $ is usually not something that would make or break a girl. What I am getting at is that these women have a window of desirability. Generally 18-30. After that women do start to decline. Then there not so picky, and settle for Mr. good enough. (Usually the guys that were given no time of day when these broads were in their prime.) Yea guys do as well, but girls usually dont fall for attractive dudes. They are attracted to $ Power and Fame. While there in their prime they use and abuse guys for all they can get. Why do us males continue to settle for this type of behavior?

I just hate seeing dudes knock up a girl/get married cause they think its the next step in life, but they fail to realize what their future reality entails. There dreams/potential are now lost. Generally there is weight gain once the girl gets comfortable or has a kid.  Alot of the time sex declines or is used as a bargaining tool. It just becomes about maintaining a household rather then the initial romance. The husband alot the times becomes the last priority after work/kids etc. Many men are delusional and are to {} to keep it real with there spouse. So they take the nagging and the looks going down. Which I feel is disrespectful to the guy. Granted he is still keeping in shape himself. This kills the so called "in love" feeling. But when married and or with kids there stuck in a dead end. Divorce will cost alot and vaginamony is also award usually. Its like why do you have to pay women to get away if the relationship is dead? The courts are usually biased in favor of the women. 

I just want the males to think about it logically and dont let outside factors influence you. Figure out YOUR true Happiness.

I say avoid these Americanized types of girls and look elseware.

I know exactly how you feel.

When all is said and done, you can't knock on the guys who chase beautiful women for what they do, cause what they do is natural. Women seek men who are rich and powerful, men seek women who are attractive. That won't change, but my problem with that is that men have to work for money and status, while a woman's looks require next to no work. You can say hours of makeup a day is hard work, but honestly, a beautiful woman does not need make up and it's still not hard work compared to what men have to deal with.

The worst part is when a successful man is bound to an attractive woman who offers nothing else. I believe that relationships should offer a balance. If the man is successful and powerful, the woman should be successful and established as well. Riding off of the others' work (aka gold digging) is absolutely disgusting.

But while men should look for beautiful women, they need to stop treating them like goddesses. That stupid #%$% only gasses them up and throws the entire male gender into a rut. These simps go out and start making these women feel special when they don't do anything at all, and their behavior encourages the women to stay lazy. You can't blame attractive women for not doing anything because all these men are willing to do all her work for her. Men need to stop seeking female approval on everything they do. A lot of men seem to have an issue with making sure what they do is attractive to the opposite gender... stop. Doing that tips the balance of power in their favor.

The sooner men stop worshiping attractive women, the sooner these women will realize that they need to start doing more in order to get a man. But as of right now, they are completely justified in doing absolutely nothing. Why work when you can have man after man break his back to do your work, just to seek your approval?

Here are my thoughts with typical American marriages and beautiful Americanized women. (Based from family, friends, experience)

I feel majority of Americanized women have killed chivarly/marriage. There is a sense of entitlement they give off like all guys owe them something because there beautiful. They might also use the feminist card, but only when it benefits them. They see thses things in movies or read in those gossip magazines written by other women who claim to know all about what men want. I want men not to worship these kind of women. Change the culture of dating for better words even tho I know this is not going to happen. Just think if there wasnt so many guys worshipping these girls then maybe they would not expect things and appreciate more guys, not just bypass them because there average, too nice or whatever. How come its generally ok for these kind of women to be the trophy wife, but when the roles are reversed then the guy is looked as a loser? How come these type of women seem to always marry up. These women are complicated, but men we just want a more old fashioned beautiful down to earth type girl that knows when to !+*$. $ is usually not something that would make or break a girl. What I am getting at is that these women have a window of desirability. Generally 18-30. After that women do start to decline. Then there not so picky, and settle for Mr. good enough. (Usually the guys that were given no time of day when these broads were in their prime.) Yea guys do as well, but girls usually dont fall for attractive dudes. They are attracted to $ Power and Fame. While there in their prime they use and abuse guys for all they can get. Why do us males continue to settle for this type of behavior?

I just hate seeing dudes knock up a girl/get married cause they think its the next step in life, but they fail to realize what their future reality entails. There dreams/potential are now lost. Generally there is weight gain once the girl gets comfortable or has a kid.  Alot of the time sex declines or is used as a bargaining tool. It just becomes about maintaining a household rather then the initial romance. The husband alot the times becomes the last priority after work/kids etc. Many men are delusional and are to {} to keep it real with there spouse. So they take the nagging and the looks going down. Which I feel is disrespectful to the guy. Granted he is still keeping in shape himself. This kills the so called "in love" feeling. But when married and or with kids there stuck in a dead end. Divorce will cost alot and vaginamony is also award usually. Its like why do you have to pay women to get away if the relationship is dead? The courts are usually biased in favor of the women. 

I just want the males to think about it logically and dont let outside factors influence you. Figure out YOUR true Happiness.

I say avoid these Americanized types of girls and look elseware.

I know exactly how you feel.

When all is said and done, you can't knock on the guys who chase beautiful women for what they do, cause what they do is natural. Women seek men who are rich and powerful, men seek women who are attractive. That won't change, but my problem with that is that men have to work for money and status, while a woman's looks require next to no work. You can say hours of makeup a day is hard work, but honestly, a beautiful woman does not need make up and it's still not hard work compared to what men have to deal with.

The worst part is when a successful man is bound to an attractive woman who offers nothing else. I believe that relationships should offer a balance. If the man is successful and powerful, the woman should be successful and established as well. Riding off of the others' work (aka gold digging) is absolutely disgusting.

But while men should look for beautiful women, they need to stop treating them like goddesses. That stupid #%$% only gasses them up and throws the entire male gender into a rut. These simps go out and start making these women feel special when they don't do anything at all, and their behavior encourages the women to stay lazy. You can't blame attractive women for not doing anything because all these men are willing to do all her work for her. Men need to stop seeking female approval on everything they do. A lot of men seem to have an issue with making sure what they do is attractive to the opposite gender... stop. Doing that tips the balance of power in their favor.

The sooner men stop worshiping attractive women, the sooner these women will realize that they need to start doing more in order to get a man. But as of right now, they are completely justified in doing absolutely nothing. Why work when you can have man after man break his back to do your work, just to seek your approval?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

LDJ wrote:

/THREAD.....

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

Terry-crews-aa12-o.gif
LDJ>>>>

I'm a try to stay away from the inevitable opened can of worms
laugh.gif
This thread needs to end. We are all discussing a matter of personal opinion.

All of you have said interesting comments and I can agree as well as disagree with a lot that is being said from both sides. To say anyone is dominating the posts and or winning the argument is just ridiculous.

LDJ's comments for example on the religious aspects, I 100% agree. Even though him and I were going back and forth earlier.  Its so funny that some people will talk all this smack about being religious and everything yet, they don't even follow the bible. But, then you can't lump all of society together cause there are a lot of people who do follow the bible and are religious and do get married, and stay together. So they are not being hypocritical.

Then you have some individuals who are not religious and still value the title of being married. To them its a definition that describes their unique relationship where calling that person your GF or BF is just not enough. Like Love, since we are on the topic of relationships. Love is not really a physical thing. It's just a word like marriage. A title if you will, but it is used to define the feelings that you have for another individual that can't be described by any other words, when "I like" is just not enough. There is no physical thing called love that is attracting me and my wife together, its the bond, that bond is then described by the word love. Another totally separate example is the word angry. Before that word existed we felt anger, but couldn't describe that feeling so we came up with a work to describe it, anger. We as a species have these feelings that need to be defined. Some feelings still can't even be described with words. But, that bond you have with someone important in your life can be with the word love. For some individuals calling a person my "girl friend" or saying we are dating, is just not enough. So they use the word wife and marriage. I know that marriage is a religious union, but still, some people although not religious like what being married means personally to them as a couple, and how it describes their relationship. Especially since there are no alternatives that really mean anything as strong.

The thread should be titled as "There are NO benefits for ME to get married, but may be there are MANY benefits for OTHERS... discuss"  

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

LDJ wrote:

/THREAD.....

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

Terry-crews-aa12-o.gif
LDJ>>>>

I'm a try to stay away from the inevitable opened can of worms
laugh.gif
This thread needs to end. We are all discussing a matter of personal opinion.

All of you have said interesting comments and I can agree as well as disagree with a lot that is being said from both sides. To say anyone is dominating the posts and or winning the argument is just ridiculous.

LDJ's comments for example on the religious aspects, I 100% agree. Even though him and I were going back and forth earlier.  Its so funny that some people will talk all this smack about being religious and everything yet, they don't even follow the bible. But, then you can't lump all of society together cause there are a lot of people who do follow the bible and are religious and do get married, and stay together. So they are not being hypocritical.

Then you have some individuals who are not religious and still value the title of being married. To them its a definition that describes their unique relationship where calling that person your GF or BF is just not enough. Like Love, since we are on the topic of relationships. Love is not really a physical thing. It's just a word like marriage. A title if you will, but it is used to define the feelings that you have for another individual that can't be described by any other words, when "I like" is just not enough. There is no physical thing called love that is attracting me and my wife together, its the bond, that bond is then described by the word love. Another totally separate example is the word angry. Before that word existed we felt anger, but couldn't describe that feeling so we came up with a work to describe it, anger. We as a species have these feelings that need to be defined. Some feelings still can't even be described with words. But, that bond you have with someone important in your life can be with the word love. For some individuals calling a person my "girl friend" or saying we are dating, is just not enough. So they use the word wife and marriage. I know that marriage is a religious union, but still, some people although not religious like what being married means personally to them as a couple, and how it describes their relationship. Especially since there are no alternatives that really mean anything as strong.

The thread should be titled as "There are NO benefits for ME to get married, but may be there are MANY benefits for OTHERS... discuss"  

Back
Top Bottom