There are NO benefits for men to get married.

dreaface:
I think I've just given up on the idea having a good marriage with a good husband... it seems more like a fairy tale to be honest with you. I'll just let society 'win' I can be happy single.
smile.gif
 Btw "old lady" "main chick" sounds even worse. I dont see how people cant understand where I'm coming from society doesnt praise the faithful, good woman its always the girl thats taking off her clothes and vying for male attention. NT is a perfect example of this...
Do men seem to flock towards the half naked attention seekers? Yep, and the decent chick on the sidelines is like 'What the hell, man?' But you know what? That decent chick is locked in on some cocky, billy bad-a, deadbeat dad type, leaving decent dudes on the sidelines like 'Really? Have fun getting beat down and wondering how you're gonna get out, I guess.'

For every chick wondering why it's so difficult for a faithful, good woman to get the praise and attention of males, there's some dude out there wondering why it's so difficult for a faithful, humble man to get some shine. Tons of good women are thinking "I guess I have to start slutting it up to get a decent guy" while tons of good men are thinking "I guess I need to be a more arrogant jerk to get a decent guy."

dreaface:
I think I've just given up on the idea having a good marriage with a good husband... it seems more like a fairy tale to be honest with you. I'll just let society 'win' I can be happy single.
smile.gif
 Btw "old lady" "main chick" sounds even worse. I dont see how people cant understand where I'm coming from society doesnt praise the faithful, good woman its always the girl thats taking off her clothes and vying for male attention. NT is a perfect example of this...
Do men seem to flock towards the half naked attention seekers? Yep, and the decent chick on the sidelines is like 'What the hell, man?' But you know what? That decent chick is locked in on some cocky, billy bad-a, deadbeat dad type, leaving decent dudes on the sidelines like 'Really? Have fun getting beat down and wondering how you're gonna get out, I guess.'

For every chick wondering why it's so difficult for a faithful, good woman to get the praise and attention of males, there's some dude out there wondering why it's so difficult for a faithful, humble man to get some shine. Tons of good women are thinking "I guess I have to start slutting it up to get a decent guy" while tons of good men are thinking "I guess I need to be a more arrogant jerk to get a decent guy."

i'm reading this thread, and i think some people are over-thinking the idea of marriage. forget religion and society. bring it back home to the basics, which is love and personal opinion.

if you don't want to get married, then that's on you. if you're a woman or a man, don't play that 'i'm scorned and hate all men/women,' or the 'i'm lonely,' or the 'he/she dissed me so i'm hateful' roles. remember, it's YOU who made the choice or just simply, have bad taste in the mate you choose. plain and simple.

i'm married, and love it. i've been married since i was 28 (two years). compared to my +%$'in around days, you can't beat marriage. i don't miss having to see multiple women in one week, or the one that caught the feelings and stresses you out because you don't want to commit. you see the posts w/ these clowns in the general forum having girl problems? it's because of %*% like that right there. when you decide to grow up, you realize how stress free that is.

im sorry to take such a harsh attitude, but i think some of the reasoning is weak in here for people not wanting to simply commit. forget marriage, it's just simply about commitment. if you're one of these people using 'commitment issues' (which is a joke) and want to talk about society, YOU'RE THAT PERSON YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

to the OP, of course its you're choice. but remember, if you made that comment about 'leasing' women, when you're 30-plus not all women will be down for that okey-doke. i'm just going by opinion, but a lot of my lady friends who are n their upper-20's, early 30's like men who commit. of course not all women are like that, but i see the changes now vs when we were all running around to the club 3x's a week trying to mingle. it gets old and you get tired of dealing w/ idiots. are you gonna be that dude who's 35 trying to pick up on 25 year-old's? not many 25 and younger chicks are gonna find that attractive when there's a fresh and younger stock of dudes out there to entertain them.

i'm reading this thread, and i think some people are over-thinking the idea of marriage. forget religion and society. bring it back home to the basics, which is love and personal opinion.

if you don't want to get married, then that's on you. if you're a woman or a man, don't play that 'i'm scorned and hate all men/women,' or the 'i'm lonely,' or the 'he/she dissed me so i'm hateful' roles. remember, it's YOU who made the choice or just simply, have bad taste in the mate you choose. plain and simple.

i'm married, and love it. i've been married since i was 28 (two years). compared to my +%$'in around days, you can't beat marriage. i don't miss having to see multiple women in one week, or the one that caught the feelings and stresses you out because you don't want to commit. you see the posts w/ these clowns in the general forum having girl problems? it's because of %*% like that right there. when you decide to grow up, you realize how stress free that is.

im sorry to take such a harsh attitude, but i think some of the reasoning is weak in here for people not wanting to simply commit. forget marriage, it's just simply about commitment. if you're one of these people using 'commitment issues' (which is a joke) and want to talk about society, YOU'RE THAT PERSON YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

to the OP, of course its you're choice. but remember, if you made that comment about 'leasing' women, when you're 30-plus not all women will be down for that okey-doke. i'm just going by opinion, but a lot of my lady friends who are n their upper-20's, early 30's like men who commit. of course not all women are like that, but i see the changes now vs when we were all running around to the club 3x's a week trying to mingle. it gets old and you get tired of dealing w/ idiots. are you gonna be that dude who's 35 trying to pick up on 25 year-old's? not many 25 and younger chicks are gonna find that attractive when there's a fresh and younger stock of dudes out there to entertain them.

it seems more like a fairy tale to be honest with you. I'll just let society 'win' I can be happy single.

I hear ya and all, but to me no woman is ever really happy being single. That's just something single ladies tell themselves and others to make themselves feel better about being single. 

i think some of the reasoning is weak in here for people not wanting to simply commit. forget marriage, it's just simply about commitment. if you're one of these people using 'commitment issues' (which is a joke) and want to talk about society, YOU'RE THAT PERSON YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

100% Truth.

it seems more like a fairy tale to be honest with you. I'll just let society 'win' I can be happy single.

I hear ya and all, but to me no woman is ever really happy being single. That's just something single ladies tell themselves and others to make themselves feel better about being single. 

i think some of the reasoning is weak in here for people not wanting to simply commit. forget marriage, it's just simply about commitment. if you're one of these people using 'commitment issues' (which is a joke) and want to talk about society, YOU'RE THAT PERSON YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

100% Truth.

Also, what's wrong with marrying later on in life?

The 20s-late 30s are the prime of ones' life, why can't one wait until they're 40-50 before they settle down? It seems like most people are getting married around their late 20s-30s.

Also, what's wrong with marrying later on in life?

The 20s-late 30s are the prime of ones' life, why can't one wait until they're 40-50 before they settle down? It seems like most people are getting married around their late 20s-30s.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by dreaface

After reading the first part of this thread, I am surprised at how many men disagreed with OP. I am glad to see that there are a few men out there who do want to get married. As a woman, I have never been sold on the idea of marriage. [Let me just say, I dont think I'll be having kids either. If I wanted kids then I would of course want to be married.] I think I just have commitment issues and seeing how much our society hates the idea of marriage (esp. from a man's perspective) I just find it impossible for to people to make it last. There is just something about the word "wife" that leaves a bad taste in my mouth

tired.gif
 this might be the saddest statement I've ever read on NT.  Maybe you are around the wrong people if the word "wife" leaves a bad tast in your mouth.  Being somebody's "old lady" or "main chick" should leave a bad taste in your mouth.  Your whole post gives off a vibe of defeat and low self-esteem. 

If she doesn't want the title, why would it be viewed as defeat? Only if she holds value to that title, should she feel defeated? Or is it because you hold value to the title and feel that being a wife is something special. As I said to you before, every woman doesn't value marriage. So because one doesn't, she is now suffering from low-self esteem?

My dude DC.....stop it with the comeback attempts.  This is why I call you a sociopath and truly believe you lack the skill of reading people.  You should easily be able to see where she was coming from.  She was basically saying "I wouldn't mind getting married down the line but the way society has changed for the worst I'm kind of scared to enter something like that".  She didn't say she doesn't value marriage or say anything similar to you and LDJ.  "Not being sold" and "not valuing" are different. And yes it is sad to equate the word "wife" with bad feelings.  Son you gotta chill on the word for word, everything is right/nothing is right argument style.  Its almost like you don't stand for anything.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by dreaface

After reading the first part of this thread, I am surprised at how many men disagreed with OP. I am glad to see that there are a few men out there who do want to get married. As a woman, I have never been sold on the idea of marriage. [Let me just say, I dont think I'll be having kids either. If I wanted kids then I would of course want to be married.] I think I just have commitment issues and seeing how much our society hates the idea of marriage (esp. from a man's perspective) I just find it impossible for to people to make it last. There is just something about the word "wife" that leaves a bad taste in my mouth

tired.gif
 this might be the saddest statement I've ever read on NT.  Maybe you are around the wrong people if the word "wife" leaves a bad tast in your mouth.  Being somebody's "old lady" or "main chick" should leave a bad taste in your mouth.  Your whole post gives off a vibe of defeat and low self-esteem. 

If she doesn't want the title, why would it be viewed as defeat? Only if she holds value to that title, should she feel defeated? Or is it because you hold value to the title and feel that being a wife is something special. As I said to you before, every woman doesn't value marriage. So because one doesn't, she is now suffering from low-self esteem?

My dude DC.....stop it with the comeback attempts.  This is why I call you a sociopath and truly believe you lack the skill of reading people.  You should easily be able to see where she was coming from.  She was basically saying "I wouldn't mind getting married down the line but the way society has changed for the worst I'm kind of scared to enter something like that".  She didn't say she doesn't value marriage or say anything similar to you and LDJ.  "Not being sold" and "not valuing" are different. And yes it is sad to equate the word "wife" with bad feelings.  Son you gotta chill on the word for word, everything is right/nothing is right argument style.  Its almost like you don't stand for anything.
tired.gif

LOL How are you going to tell me to chill with the back and forth when you have just about as many replies in this thread that I have. That is funny. LOL @ Calling me a sociopath based on ANYTHING I have said on here. It is a good thing you aren't responsible for prescribing drugs.

LOL How are you going to tell me to chill with the back and forth when you have just about as many replies in this thread that I have. That is funny. LOL @ Calling me a sociopath based on ANYTHING I have said on here. It is a good thing you aren't responsible for prescribing drugs.

Son you gotta chill on the word for word, everything is right/nothing is right argument style.  Its almost like you don't stand for anything.
tired.gif
1. Yea especially since not once in this thread have I called anything RIGHT or WRONG. I have said numerous times, it is what you want. I guess you missed that as well.

2. How can someone exactly not stand for anything and how do you come to the conclusion that I don't stand for anything? You lost me there.

Son you gotta chill on the word for word, everything is right/nothing is right argument style.  Its almost like you don't stand for anything.
tired.gif
1. Yea especially since not once in this thread have I called anything RIGHT or WRONG. I have said numerous times, it is what you want. I guess you missed that as well.

2. How can someone exactly not stand for anything and how do you come to the conclusion that I don't stand for anything? You lost me there.

You don't have to call something right or wrong in order for people to pick up on your 'all or nothing', 'black or white' thinking.

And it definitely appears you have that type of thinking. It's pretty obvious, actually.

And holding the opinion that someone is a sociopath and then calling them a sociopath is ENTIRELY different than being a professional therapist who is diagnosing someone as such. That matters; this doesn't. Big difference.

You don't have to call something right or wrong in order for people to pick up on your 'all or nothing', 'black or white' thinking.

And it definitely appears you have that type of thinking. It's pretty obvious, actually.

And holding the opinion that someone is a sociopath and then calling them a sociopath is ENTIRELY different than being a professional therapist who is diagnosing someone as such. That matters; this doesn't. Big difference.

Benefits- Family...decent environment for you kids

Disadvantage- she gets half, especially in Cali.

Honestly, if you can live with someone for a long time without wanting to kill them then you might as well get that tax break...but get a prenup. A wise man once said "You've got to hold on to your receipt"

I think a lot of marriages don't last because people forget that a marriage is a union between two individuals, all that 'it's not me and him, it we" is the beginning of a fail. Respect each other, dont try to be all up in each others %$@#, allow each other to have a life outside of the marriage and I think it could be a long lasting situation....though I've never been married so I don't know, but all the old timers I know seem to agree with me.

And the state should either have nothing to do with marriage, or they should allow all people to get married. Civil Unions should be an issue of the state for purposes of taxes, Marriage is a church issue.

Benefits- Family...decent environment for you kids

Disadvantage- she gets half, especially in Cali.

Honestly, if you can live with someone for a long time without wanting to kill them then you might as well get that tax break...but get a prenup. A wise man once said "You've got to hold on to your receipt"

I think a lot of marriages don't last because people forget that a marriage is a union between two individuals, all that 'it's not me and him, it we" is the beginning of a fail. Respect each other, dont try to be all up in each others %$@#, allow each other to have a life outside of the marriage and I think it could be a long lasting situation....though I've never been married so I don't know, but all the old timers I know seem to agree with me.

And the state should either have nothing to do with marriage, or they should allow all people to get married. Civil Unions should be an issue of the state for purposes of taxes, Marriage is a church issue.

tired.gif

1. I know you haven't.  Everytime you use those words you are questioning normal, common, human behavior.  ex.  "who says getting married is the right thing to do".  then you will say something like "there is nothing wrong with marriage tho." You constantly ride the fence on stuff while you question normal behavior and defend abnormal behavior.  I wouldn't be surprised if you relied with "what is normal, who makes those rules".  You gotta stop that stuff.  It's like either you truly can't tell what people are trying to say or you are just being a d-bag.  Sometimes I wonder....

2. When I say you don't stand for anything it's like you find a way to rationalize everything....you just defend a young girl who sees the word "wife" as something bad. 
laugh.gif
 Get serious. You don't see anything wrong with that tho...

tired.gif

1. I know you haven't.  Everytime you use those words you are questioning normal, common, human behavior.  ex.  "who says getting married is the right thing to do".  then you will say something like "there is nothing wrong with marriage tho." You constantly ride the fence on stuff while you question normal behavior and defend abnormal behavior.  I wouldn't be surprised if you relied with "what is normal, who makes those rules".  You gotta stop that stuff.  It's like either you truly can't tell what people are trying to say or you are just being a d-bag.  Sometimes I wonder....

2. When I say you don't stand for anything it's like you find a way to rationalize everything....you just defend a young girl who sees the word "wife" as something bad. 
laugh.gif
 Get serious. You don't see anything wrong with that tho...

Back
Top Bottom