There are NO benefits for men to get married.

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

89?  my grandmothers 94?.....95? and still living on her and own and mentally stable.

as for whose not gonna be married or divorced twice by that age?

a) people in a successful marriage (as successful as can be possible)

b) people like OP who are think marriage is for the birds.......famb

as for the age differences 20 and 89 were the ages of the WOMEN these brad pitts are going to be chasing when they're that old....still tryin to play the game and not having grown up by that point....my point is it doesnt matter if these 89 year old brad pitts are trying to chase 20 year olds or women their own age......it's still whack trying to be stubborn and say you tryin to live that bachelor life. IMO

89 though is just a random old age i throw out there....60's 70's same thing.  At some point the skirt chasing is going to get old and you're priorities will or SHOULD change.

and that's great our biological clocks arent as confining as that of the fairer sex......great, you can father a newborn at 72 and look like a complete %*@*#$@!% changing your own pampers and your childs one after the other
roll.gif

read correctly you two and next time you won't get so shut down

so, GTHOHWTWBS

next.

so what if you 80, and your spouse died when you were 75... then what?

so you're not grown up if you not married by a certain age?

you equate not getting married = living the bachelor's life?

89?  my grandmothers 94?.....95? and still living on her and own and mentally stable.

as for whose not gonna be married or divorced twice by that age?

a) people in a successful marriage (as successful as can be possible)

b) people like OP who are think marriage is for the birds.......famb

as for the age differences 20 and 89 were the ages of the WOMEN these brad pitts are going to be chasing when they're that old....still tryin to play the game and not having grown up by that point....my point is it doesnt matter if these 89 year old brad pitts are trying to chase 20 year olds or women their own age......it's still whack trying to be stubborn and say you tryin to live that bachelor life. IMO

89 though is just a random old age i throw out there....60's 70's same thing.  At some point the skirt chasing is going to get old and you're priorities will or SHOULD change.

and that's great our biological clocks arent as confining as that of the fairer sex......great, you can father a newborn at 72 and look like a complete %*@*#$@!% changing your own pampers and your childs one after the other
roll.gif

read correctly you two and next time you won't get so shut down

so, GTHOHWTWBS

next.

so what if you 80, and your spouse died when you were 75... then what?

so you're not grown up if you not married by a certain age?

you equate not getting married = living the bachelor's life?

No he doesnt. and i will destory his logic

look.....first of all god means nothing to me

god is a word that is insignificant.

5 percenters say wer'e gods so thats half the battle....

2nd when did i ever say anything about religion....i havent

if anything im talkin about secular terms....game....you wanna keep running game in your 60s thats fine

have fun.

but im gonna be lookin at you sayin been there, done that.

honestly, you'd still wanna be in your position?

if anything, use the word fortitude (fortitude to be there for your children and im not saying monogomy, honestly, either).

no fap july ninjas are putting in FORTITUDE

anton and Jd you dont ever want to try your logic with me.

it will get thrown back into your face every time.

............as for the sinning topic.  Sin is disobedience to the Lord.....

saying 'forget that, i got this' ....its putting yourself first.  in society, people who put themselves first, where do they end up?......exactly...

2nd, the BIBLE (yes BIBLE you clowns) teaches us that we were made in the image of YHWH.......so if you disobey your own word can you not forgive yourself and move on?....

or at least, ask for forgiveness, seek it and attain it?

you guys have no hope compared to my words.

if anything im talkin about secular terms....game....you wanna keep running game in your 60s thats fine

have fun.

if anything, use the word fortitude (fortitude to be there for your children and im not saying monogomy, honestly, either).

saying 'forget that, i got this' ....its putting yourself first.  in society, people who put themselves first, where do they end up?......exactly...

2nd, the BIBLE (yes BIBLE you clowns) teaches us that we were made in the image of YHWH.......so if you disobey your own word can you not forgive yourself and move on?....

After reading the first part of this thread, I am surprised at how many men disagreed with OP. I am glad to see that there are a few men out there who do want to get married. As a woman, I have never been sold on the idea of marriage. [Let me just say, I dont think I'll be having kids either. If I wanted kids then I would of course want to be married.] I think I just have commitment issues and seeing how much our society hates the idea of marriage (esp. from a man's perspective) I just find it impossible for to people to make it last. There is just something about the word "wife" that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

After reading the first part of this thread, I am surprised at how many men disagreed with OP. I am glad to see that there are a few men out there who do want to get married. As a woman, I have never been sold on the idea of marriage. [Let me just say, I dont think I'll be having kids either. If I wanted kids then I would of course want to be married.] I think I just have commitment issues and seeing how much our society hates the idea of marriage (esp. from a man's perspective) I just find it impossible for to people to make it last. There is just something about the word "wife" that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Originally Posted by dreaface

After reading the first part of this thread, I am surprised at how many men disagreed with OP. I am glad to see that there are a few men out there who do want to get married. As a woman, I have never been sold on the idea of marriage. [Let me just say, I dont think I'll be having kids either. If I wanted kids then I would of course want to be married.] I think I just have commitment issues and seeing how much our society hates the idea of marriage (esp. from a man's perspective) I just find it impossible for to people to make it last. There is just something about the word "wife" that leaves a bad taste in my mouth

tired.gif
 this might be the saddest statement I've ever read on NT.  Maybe you are around the wrong people if the word "wife" leaves a bad tast in your mouth.  Being somebody's "old lady" or "main chick" should leave a bad taste in your mouth.  Your whole post gives off a vibe of defeat and low self-esteem. 

After reading the first part of this thread, I am surprised at how many men disagreed with OP. I am glad to see that there are a few men out there who do want to get married. As a woman, I have never been sold on the idea of marriage. [Let me just say, I dont think I'll be having kids either. If I wanted kids then I would of course want to be married.] I think I just have commitment issues and seeing how much our society hates the idea of marriage (esp. from a man's perspective) I just find it impossible for to people to make it last. There is just something about the word "wife" that leaves a bad taste in my mouth

tired.gif
 this might be the saddest statement I've ever read on NT.  Maybe you are around the wrong people if the word "wife" leaves a bad tast in your mouth.  Being somebody's "old lady" or "main chick" should leave a bad taste in your mouth.  Your whole post gives off a vibe of defeat and low self-esteem. 

Honestly, this thread is very interesting. I try and sit back with an open mind to think about both point of views and I can envision myself both ways.

I think our culture is just now trying to break out of the societal norms of marriage that it can be scary, daring, yet intriguing. To me, I just always end up wondering what it would be like to "play the game," then end up old, decrepid, and alone after years of doing something you thought was the right way to go.

Everyone in this thread, just do you. As for me? I'll roll with the life partner, best friend deal. Marriage is more than a status, I know that. Just once you make that commitment is what gets most people to shy away...At some point, I feel I'll be ready for that.

Honestly, this thread is very interesting. I try and sit back with an open mind to think about both point of views and I can envision myself both ways.

I think our culture is just now trying to break out of the societal norms of marriage that it can be scary, daring, yet intriguing. To me, I just always end up wondering what it would be like to "play the game," then end up old, decrepid, and alone after years of doing something you thought was the right way to go.

Everyone in this thread, just do you. As for me? I'll roll with the life partner, best friend deal. Marriage is more than a status, I know that. Just once you make that commitment is what gets most people to shy away...At some point, I feel I'll be ready for that.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

tired.gif
Idk why you would say low self- esteem... defeat maybe... I think I've just given up on the idea having a good marriage with a good husband... it seems more like a fairy tale to be honest with you. I'll just let society 'win' I can be happy single.
smile.gif
 Btw "old lady" "main chick" sounds even worse. I dont see how people cant understand where I'm coming from society doesnt praise the faithful, good woman its always the girl thats taking off her clothes and vying for male attention. NT is a perfect example of this...

tired.gif
Idk why you would say low self- esteem... defeat maybe... I think I've just given up on the idea having a good marriage with a good husband... it seems more like a fairy tale to be honest with you. I'll just let society 'win' I can be happy single.
smile.gif
 Btw "old lady" "main chick" sounds even worse. I dont see how people cant understand where I'm coming from society doesnt praise the faithful, good woman its always the girl thats taking off her clothes and vying for male attention. NT is a perfect example of this...

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

/THREAD.....
LDJ wins again. For like the 20th time now
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

have fun.

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

/THREAD.....
LDJ wins again. For like the 20th time now
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

have fun.

^Don't let the attention a half naked woman gets on NT (or in real life) fool you into thinking that we don't want a "faithful,good woman".
That's just some eye candy *#++%$%*... we know what REALLY matters out here.

^Don't let the attention a half naked woman gets on NT (or in real life) fool you into thinking that we don't want a "faithful,good woman".
That's just some eye candy *#++%$%*... we know what REALLY matters out here.

tired.gif
smile.gif

I guess you don't have decent real life role models if you are letting "society", mainstream media, and NT tell you what's real.  Plenty of marriages last.  This is forum full of majority high school/college age
guys trying to be cool and do stuff for lulz.  When I make a thread I pretty much already know who I want to hear from because I know who the few level headed adults are. 

tired.gif
smile.gif

I guess you don't have decent real life role models if you are letting "society", mainstream media, and NT tell you what's real.  Plenty of marriages last.  This is forum full of majority high school/college age
guys trying to be cool and do stuff for lulz.  When I make a thread I pretty much already know who I want to hear from because I know who the few level headed adults are. 

smile.gif

Society might not praise the good, faithful woman, but they are far rarer and more desired by the "good" men than the woman taking her clothes off constantly

smile.gif

Society might not praise the good, faithful woman, but they are far rarer and more desired by the "good" men than the woman taking her clothes off constantly

tired.gif

If she doesn't want the title, why would it be viewed as defeat? Only if she holds value to that title, should she feel defeated? Or is it because you hold value to the title and feel that being a wife is something special. As I said to you before, every woman doesn't value marriage. So because one doesn't, she is now suffering from low-self esteem?

tired.gif

If she doesn't want the title, why would it be viewed as defeat? Only if she holds value to that title, should she feel defeated? Or is it because you hold value to the title and feel that being a wife is something special. As I said to you before, every woman doesn't value marriage. So because one doesn't, she is now suffering from low-self esteem?

smile.gif

I would like to have a discussion about this in a different thread with you. This is a whole different can of worms but I can understand where you are coming from.

I would question where you are trying to meet men at. I know there are good men in the clubs and terrible men in the church, so where you meet someone is a crap shoot. But yea this would be a good discussion

smile.gif

I would like to have a discussion about this in a different thread with you. This is a whole different can of worms but I can understand where you are coming from.

I would question where you are trying to meet men at. I know there are good men in the clubs and terrible men in the church, so where you meet someone is a crap shoot. But yea this would be a good discussion

Back
Top Bottom