The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Haven't watched any footy tonight, but a 95th min penalty!?  This I gotta see. 

820696015.gif

******g stupid *** ref made the wrong call. Ramires was clearly looking for contact and went down on that soft *** touch. Not a penalty and of course the ref called it :stoneface:
I'm just waiting for Chelsea's biggest stan @Fear The Ibis to come in and defend his garbage *** team's antics.
I truly feel bad for West Brom cause they played their hearts out and were ****** out of a clear win.

CR7 > Messi.
no

Last edited:
Make up call for not calling when ivanovic was fouled and led to the second West Brom goal.

Not directed to you, but that logic in sports is just terrible. A foul is a foul & an error is an error.

That defender did nothing to Ramires that forced him to the ground. Not sure if Ramires dove but that wasn't a foul. It looks like Ramires lost control of his momentum & ran into the defender who already had the space.

I would demote the ref to community football games... Doesn't belong in top level... That's one of the worse calls I've ever seen.

Nice job posting the gif SinnerP, I guess your the back up for eiddy... :wink:

eiddy drops those gifs like a samurai making precision cuts with a katana. :lol:

Last edited:
Pitiful, not even close. Penalty was a joke.

Honestly tho, Chelsea just aren't that good. They can't score. Jose spent all that money on Willian to steal him away from Spurs but that money could have been used for more of scoring winger like Hulk. Willian doesn't look settled in.

Whatever tho, maybe I'm tripping, maybe no one has outplayed Chelsea this whole season except Bayern Munich! maybe Fear The Abis is right.

LOL Coupe, I know you're reppin' for a fellow Portuguese, but what were you saying about Jose over Pep again? :tongue:

I'm not saying that's why the ref called the penalty just I feel better as a fan with a draw when two bad calls cancel each other out. Also Chelsea lack that creative touch from 20 yards in. Just very bluh when he get down there. They hope for a lot of 1 on 1 action to save them.

LOL Coupe, I know you're reppin' for a fellow Portuguese, but what were you saying about Jose over Pep again? :tongue:

I think they're both great but different coaches, but Jose has taken a lot more challenges throughout his coaching career than Pep has. That's what I've always said.

I'm not going today debate whose the better coach, that's like debating Messi and Ronaldo. It's a waste of time and effort, too elementary for my standards. Lol.

Does Ibra practice being caught offside? It's not as bad as last year but Ibra has personally cost Cavani about 3-4 goals this season including one today.

I think they're both great but different coaches, but Jose has taken a lot more challenges throughout his coaching career than Pep has. That's what I've always said.

I'm not going today debate whose the better coach, that's like debating Messi and Ronaldo. It's a waste of time and effort, too elementary for my standards. Lol.

I read a line from an English paper online over the summer talking about Chelsea wanting Pep over the summer but settled on Jose once Pep wasn't available. The beginning of the post said something like put Jose in a scrap metal yard & he'll build you a tank. Put him in a Ferrari plant & he will still build you a tank. :lol: That pretty much explains Jose for all intents & purposes for me...

View media item 647960
Edit - Outside of his time in Portugal from Benifica, to Uniao de Leiria, & Porto, Jose was gifted with teams with tons of talent & the ability to buy whatever players he wanted. Pep on the other hand promoted 9 players from Barca's youth ranks when he started his rise as manager.

Last edited:
Watching some of this PSG game, the only thing I can say for Portugal to prepare themselves against Sweden next week is, double mark Ibra. Put Pepe and Bruno Alves around him at all times. He's just so big. I hope Bento plays it right.

i chose to watch other games and when my timeline erupted about the "dive" im sitting here thinking there would be a contender for ashley young, but no, if anything, that looked like a real penalty when compared to young

So Bayern extended their unbeaten run in the Bundesliga to 37 games. BVB also lost today, down 5 points now.. There goes the bundesliga :lol:

Anyone know how Gotze has been doing on Bayern? Forgot he even went there

Pretty cool story :pimp:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...ishing-players-touching-moment-183550907.html

The phrase "this match had everything" is bandied around all too often any time more than two goals go in.

But we'll forgive anyone using it to describe the Saudi Arabian top flight clash between Al Nahdha and Al Ittihad on Thursday.

That's not because the match finished 4-4. And it's not because Al Ittihad scored the eight goal of the game with a penalty two minutes into injury time, denying their hosts a first victory in nine matches so far this season.

But it's because of an astonishing sequence of events that reaffirms the essential goodness of human beings when they get together to play football - while simultaneously justifying every evil thought you've ever harboured about a referee.

Al Nahdha's goalkeeper Taisir Al Antaif was about to make a clearance early in the second half with the scores still at 2-2 - but noticed that his shoelace had come undone, and was clearly nervous about his boot coming off as he kicked.

The opposing striker bearing down on him, a Brazilian by the name of Jobson, noticed what was going on - but instead of trying to take advantage, he ran up to his opponent and did his shoelace for him.

Al Antaif, clearly enormously touched by the gesture, slapped his new friend on the back and gave him a high five afterwards before getting on with the game - but referee Abdulaziz Al Funaitel saw things differently, deciding to ignore all rules of common decency by penalising the keeper for taking too long with his clearance.

He awarded an indirect free kick inside the area, and the home side lined up, clearly fearing the worst as Al Ittihad's strike force discussed their attacking options.

But in the greatest metaphorical two fingers ever stuck up to a match official, Al Ittihad did the decent thing and merely passed the ball safely off the pitch.

In a single stroke, the players managed to endorse a magnificently touching moment of sportsmanship between two opponents while highlighting exactly what an idiot the painfully officious referee had made of himself.

Wonderful stuff - and it makes us all the gladder that, at the end of this incredible match, there was no winner.

Or rather, there were 22 of them.

So Bayern extended their unbeaten run in the Bundesliga to 37 games. BVB also lost today, down 5 points now.. There goes the bundesliga :lol:

Anyone know how Gotze has been doing on Bayern? Forgot he even went there

Yup, it's pretty much over lol.

People complain about Spain being a two horse race every year. Look at the German league, it's a one horse race almost every god damn year. It's Bayern and everyone else. Always has been. Every now and then some other team comes to the forefront, but Bayern come right back.

Nice job posting the gif SinnerP, I guess your the back up for eiddy...
wink.gif

eiddy drops those gifs like a samurai making precision cuts with a katana.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I just post what I can find! 

I'll just stick to pics...

7d4c80fd2cb95b9b830f3ec253d94c63

Cristiano+Ronaldo+Real+Madrid+CF+v+Real+Sociedad+OkXVLH5JdlTx.jpg

In fact, I was a manager trying to make my mark on a club, I would have sold Rooney to Chelsea and roped Mata into the deal, and scooped Ozil and Strootman in the same window.

Those 3 signings probably wouldn't have guaranteed the league, but it would certainly have made United competitive, and shown serious intent during this transition period.

Why would Ozil want to sign with Man U though. He was unhappy with the trust RM placed in him, I just don't see why he would be happy to join a team with a brand new coach and questionable grit now that their historic coach retired. Joining Araenal was a transparent option... Wenger is a great coach, arsenal has a defined style of play, he had German support there, no surprises.

Joining Man U over this last summer would have looked like a huge gamble for anyone to make just because of how drastic of a transitional phase Man U were in.

In any case, Moyes would have been better off keeping this Ozil story to himself :lol:

Watching this. Portuguese Cup game right now, Benfica vs Sporting - I know no one else I watching but Sporting just scored a hell of volley off a cross. Diego Capel (Spaniard). Unbelievable.

I can't believe I didn't know this but the Portuguese league top scorer is Freddy Montero, he's being loaned out to Sporting via the Seattle Sounders. There is some MLS pride for y'all who love it. Looks like Sporting will buy him out now if he continues his form.

Back
Top Bottom