The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Watching some of this PSG game, the only thing I can say for Portugal to prepare themselves against Sweden next week is, double mark Ibra. Put Pepe and Bruno Alves around him at all times. He's just so big. I hope Bento plays it right.

You see the squad bento called up? I'm satisfied with the call up but putting out the lineup is another thing. Of course there's always going to be Hugo almeida and a Ruben of your choice but he called up w. Carvalho, josue, eder, and bruma. Please don't start Hugo. Please let coentrão be fit. Please don't make this anymore difficult than it already is. It's going to be a long week before game time on Friday.

******g stupid *** ref made the wrong call. Ramires was clearly looking for contact and went down on that soft *** touch. Not a penalty and of course the ref called it :stoneface:
I'm just waiting for Chelsea's biggest stan fear the ibis fear the ibis to come in and defend his garbage *** team's antics.
I truly feel bad for West Brom cause they played their hearts out and were ****** out of a clear win.

CR7 > Messi.
no

:lol: I missed the 2nd half because a girl came over.

But from the 1st half I could see it's the same problems that Chelsea have had all year when we play a Ramires/Lampard double pivot. I've talked about it 85768 times so I won't bother talking about it anymore. But Mourinho's loyalty to Lampard is really holding us back because he shouldn't be playing as much as he is. He's not scoring goals, not defending, isn't helping in the attack and generally just is pointless out there right now.

But this is what happens when you spend $60+ million in the offseason buying attacking mids and don't do anything to add to your central midfield or reinforce the defense.

Also, I love Oscar but he is just not in the same league as Mata attacking wise. If we're going to play a defensive strategy then I could see playing Oscar over Mata. But at home against West Brom there is really no logical reason for Mata to not be starting. Oscar is good and so is Hazard, but Mata is easily our best attacking player and we just aren't the same team without him. There's a reason why he was top 3 in all of Europe in creating chances last year.

Also, Cole-Terry-Luiz-Azpi is our best back four at the moment. Ivanovic is much better at CB than RB. Cahill is average and should only play against weaker opponents.

I am not panicking at all though. We have more depth than anybody outside of City. So over the long haul of the season our depth will come into play and we'll be there to challenge for the title. We haven't come close to playing our best football yet.

United is a joke and Arsenal will fall apart as the season progresses.

Last edited:
Pitiful, not even close. Penalty was a joke.

Honestly tho, Chelsea just aren't that good. They can't score. Jose spent all that money on Willian to steal him away from Spurs but that money could have been used for more of scoring winger like Hulk. Willian doesn't look settled in.

Whatever tho, maybe I'm tripping, maybe no one has outplayed Chelsea this whole season except Bayern Munich! maybe Fear The Abis is right.

>D

Bayern didn't outplay us in the SuperCup we outplayed them and should have won.

We're just inconsistent right now. Kill Schalke midweek, then do this at home against West Brom. Which result is really who we are? Probably somewhere in the middle. Said from the start it'd probably take until January before this team fully gels.

Make up call for not calling when ivanovic was fouled and led to the second West Brom goal.

Not directed to you, but that logic in sports is just terrible. A foul is a foul & an error is an error.

That defender did nothing to Ramires that forced him to the ground. Not sure if Ramires dove but that wasn't a foul. It looks like Ramires lost control of his momentum & ran into the defender who already had the space.

I would demote the ref to community football games... Doesn't belong in top level... That's one of the worse calls I've ever seen.

Nice job posting the gif SinnerP, I guess your the back up for eiddy... :wink:

eiddy drops those gifs like a samurai making precision cuts with a katana. :lol:

:lol: my bad.

I didn't watch a single frame of footy today...

Was out with folks having drinks and a BBQ...

But...

NOR3-1WHU.gif

NOR2-1WHU.gif

NOR0-1WHUa.gif

NOR1-1WHU.gif

10762648903_b7ee6b66bf_o.gif

10761889343_9f54df33fe_o.gif

10761679246_6e176895b7_o.gif

10761692654_be21b24810_o.gif

10761499275_ce40c29e2b_o.gif

10761443424_dcdcf42210_o.gif

10761445654_bb2fb4d2ca_o.gif

10761436366_758b7c7ce0_o.gif

You're killing my phone with the gifs but it's worth it :smokin

Reals goals? Many be some Italian as well?

Also what's the best site to watch highlights?

I watch all highlights from soccer-blogger.com but they update a few hours after the game ends. I'm also curious what else is out there. Where you cats finding these goal gifs so soon after (minutes after)?

Coupe: Good thing we didn't agree to catch the match in NYC.

Too many Vodka Sprites and bourbon shots last night.

Coupe: Good thing we didn't agree to catch the match in NYC.

Too many Vodka Sprites and bourbon shots last night.

The game is tomorrow fool. Lol

I'm going back to Florida for the Winter soon, I don't know if I'll be able to rain check it until March homie.

I gotta teach you how to drink like a man tho. Mixin Sprite with Vodka that's a no-no.

I know but I need recovery time until Sunday. Not even drinking for LSU/Bama.

Not my choice, keeps the women happy. I've been on 7&7s recently. Usually a scotch neat or Patron Silver guy.

websites I use are Footyroom and Footytube dot coms. idk about the gifs though

Doesn't surprise me one bit 
eyes.gif

Time to start scoring more than one per game now lads.

Last edited:
I was gonna have a laugh at Spurs losing to Newcastle, but yeah...

Missed all the football yesterday. Up too early to make up for it today.

But really.

Spurs have a decent line up.

At this point, I can't even blame AVB.

What on earth are the players doing??!?!?!?

Maybe someone here can enlighten me, but I just don't get this team. You have a quality manager who has proven himself, quality players, surely they should be performing better than this.

:nerd: Kawaga in the 10??!?!?!?!

Get Football News ‏@GetFootballNews 6m
Robin van Persie out of the game against Arsenal with a groin strain. [via @nikpostinger]

Back
Top Bottom