The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Ibis - Barcelona Deff outplayed you guys.. And I would even venture to say Napoli did too over both legs

Wealth of midfield options in Munich. I don't see how Bayern doesn't repeat in CL.

Chelsea winning the CL after being outplayed by every team they were matched up against shows that anyone can win it
:lol:

FOH Nobody other than Bayern outplayed Chelsea

dj-paul-looking-crazy-o.gif

As mentioned earlier it's obviously afternoon. These matches get maximum viewership throughout England, Europe and Africa. But I believe what all of this boils down to is money. They claim coverage is worth over a 1billion pounds every season. Remember, if they play later in the afternoon and evening, the game schedules coincide with Spain, Germany, Italy etc. Very importantly, a 12pm kick off in London time, is around 9pm in Tokyo. Asia provides a MASSIVE base of viewership. If they're to play a few hours later in the evening, you would kill off a lot of their viewership. The FA is all about getting the maximum TV revenue possible. That's how sometimes you'll noticed how a Citeh-United derby suddenly changes dates to be the only match played on the day ,and it will play late afternoon to get maximum international viewership.

I get the Asain market is important but I don't think it's really about that. I think it's more about the tradition of the FA and when they play there games. The FA is very similar to baseball in that respect, they're very hung up on tradition and prestige.

If they played a little later, (late afternoon-night) I think it'd be beneficial viewership in the Americas, which is a big market, especially Latin America. I'm not asking for nothing drastic either, I'm talking about just a couple of games, the big games more importantly.

I get the Asain market is important but I don't think it's really about that. I think it's more about the tradition of the FA and when they play there games. The FA is very similar to baseball in that respect, they're very hung up on tradition and prestige.

If they played a little later, (late afternoon-night) I think it'd be beneficial viewership in the Americas, which is a big market, especially Latin America. I'm not asking for nothing drastic either, I'm talking about just a couple of games, the big games more importantly.

If they were to play matches a few hours later, it might help the viewership in the American market but it will ruin the viewership in Africa and Asia which is a much bigger market then america will ever be. Soccer will never be the #1 spot over here but it will always be in europe, africa and asia

If they were to play matches a few hours later, it might help the viewership in the American market but it will ruin the viewership in Africa and Asia which is a much bigger market then america will ever be. Soccer will never be the #1 spot over here but it will always be in europe, africa and asia

Exactly. To give an example the FA just launched two shows that broadcast through the whole of Africa. They're both interactive shows that allow viewers to call in and Skype and discuss with analysts.. They know their bread and butter.

Sepp's latest grand idea for WC2022 is that maybe FIFA could spread it around and include the UAE and Iran (!) as hosts.

#2 for Nigeria (Muhammed) has been amazing. If he really is 17 (dude looks like he's 23) he has a very bright future...

:lol: no* shame in Mexico's game.

Nigerian player laying FLAT out on the ground waving his hands in the air....

Last edited:
The captain told them to kick the ball out. They didn't listen. Bad look for them.

Last edited:
What's your @ name on twitter louis?
I don't have a twitter, but I do check out a few NT'ers timelines, you included
I got love for all Mexicans since it was a Mexican who taught me how to play. If you're ever down here in Miami, let me know so we can go grub, just make sure you bring me a bad Asian ***** from Cali :pimp:

I still trip out when I see Eidy post in here, and dude lives in SA...

:lol:

I generally hit NT in the morning while getting ready to goto the office to catch up on the evening chatter, then again late afternoon-evening, which is morning-afternoon your side.
he's not the only one in another continent. SinnerP is in Hong Kong and Keepie Uppie is in Singapore

Do most footballers shave their legs? No homo but every tie I look there's no hair visible.

i dont think ive ever seen a player with hair on his legs haha, maybe they get it lasered off
I guess it makes them more aerodynamic?
I'm gonna have to try it 8)

i dont think ive ever seen a player with hair on his legs haha, maybe they get it lasered off

Alot use the old waxing pads, old school method!

When Cesc Fabregas was at Arsenal he played £2,000 for chest hair removal!
:x @ waxing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom