The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I don't have a horse in this race so to speak, but didn't most of Theo's goals (19 or 20) come in the first half of the campaign last year? I thought he only scored 1-2 goals post December break.

There is no doubting his talent & ability. When he's on he's sublime but the knock against him is that he hasn't been consistent or more specifically he disappears for long periods of time.

A lot was expected of him though, didn't he debut at an early age?

You know what trumps your OPINION?

FACTS.

I like how you glossed over 21 goals and 14 assists in all comps (43 appearances) last year. THOSE are facts sir.

If 1 goal every two games and one assist every 3 is "wasteful", you must not rate many players at all.

A certain Gareth Bale had 26 and 11 last year, you prob don't rate him either, lol...

I didn't gloss over anything. Theo has had one good year, we'll technically a half ! What's funny tho is your taking my OPINION so personally Who I rate is my opinion and choice, I have seen enough of theo to stand by my statement. Yes he had a good year but I've seen him drift in and out of games far too much. One could even argue he played hard until he secured that new contract with that being said I highly doubt he replicates last season any time soon But hey hats the cool thing about footy, I can be proven wrong.

Last edited:
I don't have a horse in this race so to speak, but didn't most of Theo's goals (19 or 20) come in the first half of the campaign last year? I thought he only scored 1-2 goals post December break.

There is no doubting his talent & ability. When he's on he's sublime but the knock against him is that he hasn't been consistent or more specifically he disappears for long periods of time.

A lot was expected of him though, didn't he debut at an early age?

You make great points PSK, and that kind of argument/counterpoint makes sense and is more productive than those that make baseless claims (IE "waste of pace")

Obviously there are folks on here that can express themselves a little better than than others.

Although he HAS been inconsistent in previous years (mind you he is all of 24), last year he was the EPITOME of consistent.

Unfortunately he's been hampered by injury and the emergence of Ramsey, plus the improved play of Giroud... I'm confident that after the break he'll slowly/eventually get back to form...

^ Crazy to think both Bale & Theo came from South Hampton's youth academy... I think Bale came after Theo left though.

^So did Ox. Southampton has a solid youth academy and has been churning em out for a while now.

Might be a dumb question but how come we don't see a lot of player trades in soccer? I notice most player moves are monetary based (transfers).

Wallpape'as. The spoiler ones are for iPad's with the new ios software, they will work without the crazy zoom in, so just mind those.

View media item 610684

View media item 610686

View media item 610687

View media item 610688

View media item 610689

View media item 610691

View media item 610692

The Portugal one my cousin rendered keeping in mind those new jersey leaks. :pimp:

Might be a dumb question but how come we don't see a lot of player trades in soccer? I notice most player moves are monetary based (transfers).

Technically you do see them, they're just more often than not "player + cash" deals.

Football is also complicated in the the Latin American countries because of ownership rights. A player can literally be owned by a few people or even 1 or 2 corporations. These people or corporations are looking for financial compensation through wages and transfers.

:rofl:

QPR midfielder Joey Barton has hit out at the state of the England team, describing Roy Hodgson's side as "#*$&".

Speaking at the Leaders in Sport summit, Barton laid into the Three Lions on the eve of the crucial World Cup qualifier against Montenegro.

England, said the 31-year-old, "are *#&$ at the moment".

Asked what the problems are with the side, Barton replied: "How long have we got?

"We haven't won anything," he said. "We haven't got great players - they are told they are great.

The former Marseille player also criticised the structure of the FA, saying chairman Greg ****'s commission gives him "eight people to hide behind."

Barton then spoke out at what he perceives is a lack of technical knowledge among British coaches.

"Sir Alex [Ferguson] could not put on a training session to save his life. He couldn't lay cones out straight."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-st-says-joey-barton-2358471#ixzz2hMMiwJqQ
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Speaking of the US and England, recently found out that Chelsea amd City both have Americans in their youth academies.

I thought Lucas would be off to a good season, haven't heard much of him as I expected.

Last edited:
Speaking of the US and England, recently found out that Chelsea amd City both have Americans in their youth academies.

them Americans starting to appear on the top clubs academies...they say kyle scott is one of chelseas top prospects.

all around the ages 12-17...and my dude Bouchy.

Last edited:
Armenia 1- Bulgaria 0

Aras Ozbiliz with a beautiful curling free kick from his left foot

Terrible back pass in the midfield leads to a Belgium interception.
Perfect through ball to Lukaku, leads him to fake out the GK for a goal

Belgium 1 Croatia 0

Incredible save from the Croatia GK off a point blank Fellaini header

Edit: that **** boy Mandzukic just hard fouled my boy Hazard for the second time :smh:

Get him the **** outta the game

EDIT: THAT BOY LUKAKU DOES IT AGAIN :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom