The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

This "goonism" in society today is unbelievable. :smh:

Levski Sofia hired a new manager who said he grew up as a CSKA Sofia & fans didn't take too kindly to that.

They invaded his presser introducing him & forcibly removed the team's practice wear from the manager...

What is society coming to?!?!???

This "goonism" in society today is unbelievable. :smh:

Levski Sofia hired a new manager who said he grew up as a CSKA Sofia & fans didn't take too kindly to that.

They invaded his presser introducing him & forcibly removed the team's practice wear from the manager...

What is society coming to?!?!???
No security ? :smh:

Fastest to go down in the box, yes.
Haha.

Seriously tho, I still can't believe the person who made that make believe list put Rooney on there. If you're going to bull-****, you have to do a better job. Or at least like Jada mentioned, spell the name right.

"Fifa's Calculations" ha... they also have england ranked at number 4 in the world

Ryo Miyaichi has been clocked running 100 metres in a time of 10.84 second, during training with Chukyo High School. The time is only fractionally slower than that of Theo Walcott, who has been recorded covering the distance in just 10.30 seconds.

Miyaichi lists pace and high speed dribbling as his best assets, and with a time of 10.84, he will be one of the quickest players in the country. That, combined with his quick feet and skills, make the 18-year-old a difficult man to mark.

The world record for 100 metres is claimed by Usain Bolt, with a time of 9.58. Walcott and Miyaichi have both been offered the opportunity to move away from football and go into professional sprinting, but turned it down at a young age. The two wingers also boast quicker times than the likes of Thierry Henry, who while there is no official confirmed 100 metre time, is thought to have been around the 11 second mark

- See more at: http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2010/12/miyaichi-rivals-walcotts-100-metre-time/#.UlaI8GjD_Yg

No security ? :smh:

The Levski Sofia coach just hired, Ivaylo Petev resigned. :smh:

Also, in reaction to Serie A punishing AC Milan for racist chants & having to play to a closed stadium, ultra groups across Seria A are trying to plan racist chants to occur at all stadiums to force Serie A to close down all stadiums all at once... :smh:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1578364/ac-milan-fight-san-siro-closure?cc=5901

AC Milan to fight San Siro closure
October 10, 2013
By Ben Gladwell, Italy Correspondent

AC Milan are to fight to the very end to ensure the San Siro remains open for their Serie A fixture against Udinese after strict league rules on racism received widespread condemnation.

The Rossoneri have been ordered to close the entire stadium after chants of a territorially discriminatory nature were heard during their 3-2 defeat to Juventus onSunday.

Since it is the second time this season Milan’s fans have been found guilty of such discriminatory behaviour, the Lega Serie A’s disciplinary committee sanctioned a full stadium closure, in accordance with its reinforced regulations from the summer.

Those very rules have been ridiculed by the entire footballing movement, including the Lega Serie A’s own president Maurizio Beretta, who admits that, by enforcing them, they "risk giving the keys to the stadiums to the minorities."

Indeed, AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani explained how any small group of fans could willingly interfere at any venue with the intention of getting it closed down by expressing discriminatory chants, even if only meant ironically. On Wednesday, a group of Inter Milan fans appealed to counterparts all down the country to show their support for their own city rivals by ensuring a total closure of all stadiums by expressing discriminatory views in the next round of Serie A games.

Their plea appears to have struck a chord with bitter rivals Juventus showing solidarity with several groups of their fans planning to make defamatory chants during their game at Fiorentina on Oct. 20. Genoa fans are also planning to behave in a way which will see the Stadio Luigi Ferraris closed down if the rules continue to be applied by the letter of the law.

"I won’t say what I really think because I’ve spoken with our solicitor and he’s told me I’ll be banned for life if I do so," said Galliani, who is going to leave the job of escalating the issue to his legal team. "We’re going to take our appeal to every court possible," he continued. "I hope that our stadium will be full for the Udinese game. I hope so."

UEFA have also been asked to intervene since it is part of their Respect campaign to clamp down on racism, even though its president Michel Platini defined it as "Italy’s problem" and urged them to solve it.

"Violent, dangerous and racist fans, those who insult everybody, are in a minority," Platini said while picking up an award in Cuccaro Monferrato, Italy, on Wednesday. "Racism is a social problem which regards politicians, who need to help normal fans come to the stadium. Territorial discrimination is Italy’s problem. It’s the FIGC (Italian FA) who decides, we just give the general disciplinary guidelines.

"It’s no use turning to UEFA for territorial discrimination, it is up to the Italian FA, but I feel it is incorrect to propose taking points off clubs for racist incidents. That way, it would be the players who are punished and not the fans. We need to punish those fans by not letting them into the grounds, by closing part of it if needs be."

Instead, 50,000 Milan fans are being made to pay for the conduct of a minority who, in Turin’s Juventus Stadium last weekend, expressed the now traditional insults based on geography, jibes which have been exchanged between rival fans for many years.

"I think the rules on territorial discrimination were maybe taken too lightly by us all," said Juventus’ general manager Beppe Marotta. "When, on Aug. 5, the sanctions for this behaviour were announced, we underestimated the phenomenon.

"Now we are faced with closed stadiums and anything anybody shouts can be considered as discriminatory, which is very dangerous. We are facing a problem which we underestimated and I hope we can resolve it because racial discrimination is not the same as territorial."

:smh: @ Cardiff owner Vincent Tan for firing manager Malky Mackay's chief assistants Ian Moody. He was Mackay's head of recruitment among other things & was responsible for bringing in Gary Medel, Steven Caulker, & Frazier Campbell among others who have been instrumental in their promotion to the Prem & the bit of success they've had in the current campaign thus far. Tan hired his son's best friend whose had no previous experience at all in football... :smh: :x :stoneface: :lol:

:smh: @ Cardiff owner Vincent Tan for firing manager Malky Mackay's chief assistants Ian Moody. He was Mackay's head of recruitment among other things & was responsible for bringing in Gary Medel, Steven Caulker, & Frazier Campbell among others who have been instrumental in their promotion to the Prem & the bit of success they've had in the current campaign thus far. Tan hired his son's best friend whose had no previous experience at all in football... :smh: :x :stoneface: :lol:

What goes up, must come down.

Looks like they'll be heading right back into the Championship.

I'm mentioning this because of of the racist chants occurring in football stadiums all over Europe but especially in Italy... After US gymnast Simone Biles won gold in the World Championships last week, 18 year old Italian gymnast Carlotta Ferlito who placed 5th said in an interview at the event, "I told Vane that next time we'll have our skin black also so we can win, too." Vane is her teammate Vanessa Ferrari who placed 4th. :smh:

I personally do not rate theo.. Think he's wasteful on the ball but that's just my opinion

You know what trumps your OPINION?

FACTS.

I like how you glossed over 21 goals and 14 assists in all comps (43 appearances) last year. THOSE are facts sir.

If 1 goal every two games and one assist every 3 is "wasteful", you must not rate many players at all.

A certain Gareth Bale had 26 and 11 last year, you prob don't rate him either, lol...

Back
Top Bottom