The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

:lol: I know in the past Barca was keeping tabs on Januzaj when he was at Anderlecht but the British press is saying they're going to push hard to sign him. He's only making £1,000 per week. :smh:

There might be a violent revolt among the red devil faithful if that happens. I'd actually be surprised if that happens though...

Last edited:
Let's all chill with this Januzaj hype, he needs more time lol.

He might have Macheda disease. Remember when he scored those two goals to win? Everyone was crazy hyped about him. Teams in Italy were pissed for letting him go to England.

Adan won't play for England tho, no way. Dude has to much historic pride, he won't even play for Belguim. Albanians lol. If you're from New York you know what I'm talking about.

agreed but lets not kid ourselves he looked damn good, but people need to chill with this number 7 shirt talk

hey Coupelt88, did you happen to have a Portugal wallpaper by any chance? Not sure if it was posted before. I'm using the USA wallpaper right now, tell your cousin he did a good job on it :smokin

Was camping the last few days and had no access to tv or internet.  Finally caught the Real Madrid game
sick.gif
 .  What on earth is going on w/ them!?  El Clasico is going to be a disaster.  I'm praying we don't get stomped out 5-0 like a few years ago.   That Januzaj kid was looking nice for Man U.  Not buying into the hype just yet though.

American Exports: Arsenal interested in USMNT goalkeeper Brad Guzan

AMSTERDAM – In-form Aston Villa netminder Brad Guzan has drawn the attention of English Premier League leaders Arsenal, MLSsoccer.com has learned.

Multiple sources indicated that the Gunners have recently been monitoring the US international, including FutbolMLS.com. It's unclear if Arsenal have made any contact with Villa or Guzan's management, but they did catch an eyeful of the American when he pulled off an opening-day win at the Emirates and have dispatched scouts to see him on at least two other occasions since.

English reports had been insisting Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was on the lookout for an upgrade in goal before incumbent Wojciech Szczesny raised his game considerably over the past few weeks. The club has also been linked with interest in Stoke City backstop Asmir Begovic, Júlio César of Queens Park Rangers and Newcastle's Tim Krul since the season began.

READ: Guzan on form again, post another shutout
Meanwhile, Guzan is on a three-game unbeaten run that included a victory over EPL runners-up Manchester City. Arsenal are at least the third London team to have shown an interest in the Villans star, following preseason flirtations from West Ham United and that of QPR when they were still in the top division two summers back.

Following the international break, Guzan and 10th place Villa will host Arsenal rivals Tottenham on Oct. 20.

CITY OF ORLANDO COMMISSIONERS UNANIMOUSLY APPROVE FUNDING FOR STADIUM
10/07/2013 7:23 AM
By: Orlando City Public Relations

Orange County Commissioners Vote on 22nd Final Step in Bringing MLS to Orlando

City of Orlando Commissioners Unanimously Approve Funding For Soccer Stadium
Orange County Commissioners Vote on 22nd Final Step in Bringing MLS to Orlando

ORLANDO, Fla.— The City of Orlando Board of Commissioners voted through the approval of funds for a new downtown, multi-purpose soccer stadium Monday afternoon in downtown Orlando. The vote moves the club one step closer toward bringing a Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise to Orlando, with the Orange County Commissioners vote on October 22 the final stage in completion of stadium funding.

“This is obviously a very big step toward our goal of bringing MLS,” said Orlando City President Phil Rawlins. “I am delighted to have the City behind us so we can now focus on the second vote that is only two weeks away.”

Supporters came out to the event to show the support of the vote, which was unanimous among the six Commissioners and Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer. The vote approved the use of Tourist Development Tax (TDT) funds for multiple venues, including a soccer stadium.

“There are significant days in our community and this is one of them,” said Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer. “Hopefully we have another one later this month.“

The final step on funding for a stadium will occur on Tuesday, October 22, at the County Administration Building. Pending the County approval of the stadium plan, Orlando would be able to enter into final negotiations with MLS to award an expansion team to Central Florida.

The October 22 vote takes place at 201 S Rosalind Avenue at the County Administration Building. Parking is available around the building.

For more information on the upcoming votes, stay tuned to OrlandoCitySoccer.com.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...enal-to-work-on-the-clubs-coaching-staff.html
@DarrenArsenal1 Arsenal scouts continue to focus on games in Italy and Spain. Also told continue to be interested in Winston Reid. Who they've been keeping tabs on over the last year
@AFCAcademy Arsenal Head Scout Steve Rowley will be searching for new talent at the U17 WC this month.

Comparisons of Attacking & Defending For All Clubs in the Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A & Ligue 1
Posted on October 4, 2013 by Christopher Harris
http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/10/...-la-liga-serie-a-ligue-1/#q4jXAz0qfisS1Gp5.99
premier-league-attacking-effectiveness-600x413.png

Statistician wizard Ben Mayhew has compiled a series of new graphics that cut through the hype, preconceived ideas and flood of data to get to the heart of what soccer clubs should care about, and what football supporters should know — which teams are the most effective attacking and defending in your favorite leagues including the Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue Un.
Taking a look at the effectiveness of attacking by Premier League clubs, the above graphic puts the 20 teams into four categories: constant threat, energetically wasteful, languidly clinical, and ineffectual. Read the descriptions in the graphic above to get a better sense of what those categories mean.
In the constant threat area, you can see the most effective teams are Manchester City, Everton, Arsenal, Manchester United and Swansea. In contrast, the least effective teams — who create few chances and struggle to convert them — are Crystal Palace, West Ham, Stoke, Norwich and Southampton.
Now when you compare the attacking effectiveness to the defensive effectiveness (seen below), you can gain a better understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of sides. For example, Southampton are ineffectual in attacking but they’re formidable in defense. Crystal Palace are ineffectual in attacking and a pushover in defending — a dangerous combination, in a wrong way. Manchester City, on the other hand, were a constant threat in the attacking department, but they can be easily breached in defense.
Browse through the different graphics below for the Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue Un. And feel free to share your observations or questions in the comments section below.
premier-league-defensive-effectiveness-600x410.png

bundesliga-attacking-effectiveness-600x415.png

bundesliga-defensive-effectiveness-600x415.png

la-liga-attacking-effectiveness-600x415.png

la-liga-defensive-effectiveness-600x415.png

serie-a-attacking-effectiveness-600x415.png

serie-a-defensive-effectiveness-600x415.png

ligue-1-attacking-effectiveness-600x415.png

ligue-1-defensive-effectiveness-600x414.png

So scary and dope to think arsenal doesn't have Carzola, Ox AND Podolski apbut yet they're still on top.

Ontop of Walcott being hurt. Man, that team is going to be scary good once they are back at full strength

So wait, the English FA want Januzaj for their national side? :lol: He's only been living there since March 2011 when he came over from Anderlecht. He was born in Brussels to parents of Albanian & Serbian descent. He has no English ancestry nor is he a political refugee.

Januzaj not even eligible for naturalization for another 3 years or so. :lol: The state of English football indeed. How can FA Chairman Greg **** go on his tirade about foreign players in the Prem destroying the state of English football but go ahead with this? :lol: :smh:

Yet spain are about to do the same thing with Costa and no one seems to mind.. I dont blame england, might as well start to exploit the influx of international players in your league. With that being said, I highly doubt he ever plays for england, he supposedly wont make any international debut until he has secured a starting role with his club.. which i dont mind :pimp:

So scary and dope to think arsenal doesn't have Carzola, Ox AND Podolski apbut yet they're still on top.

Ontop of Walcott being hurt. Man, that team is going to be scary good once they are back at full strength

I would still say you need another striker... Podolski is not the answer

Last edited:
So wait, the English FA want Januzaj for their national side? :lol: He's only been living there since March 2011 when he came over from Anderlecht. He was born in Brussels to parents of Albanian & Serbian descent. He has no English ancestry nor is he a political refugee.

Januzaj not even eligible for naturalization for another 3 years or so. :lol: The state of English football indeed. How can FA Chairman Greg **** go on his tirade about foreign players in the Prem destroying the state of English football but go ahead with this? :lol: :smh:

Yet spain are about to do the same thing with Costa and no one seems to mind.. I dont blame england, might as well start to exploit the influx of international players in your league. With that being said, I highly doubt he ever plays for england, he supposedly wont make any international debut until he has secured a starting role with his club.. which i dont mind :pimp:

Truthfully, I'm a little puzzled as to why del Bosque & the Spanish FA want Costa as they have numerous striker & false 9 options but I guess his form the last 2 years in particular is undeniable.

Having said that, the situations between Januzaj & Costa are different chiefly because Costa became a Spanish citizen last year whereas Januzaj is not a British citizen & can't be for several more years (emphasis on several). He doesn't even have one iota of British ancestry.

Add to that, the English FA chairman's rant about there being too many foreign players in the Prem leading to the decline of "English football" (which isn't the reason why) & also now looks extremely hypocritical.

Edit - Actually, I do understand why del Bosque would want the likes of Michu & Costa on the Spanish side. Having their aggressive styles & more direct approach to scoring would be a welcome addition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom