The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Alex Song should.never have signed for Barca. Wasting away behind Busquets.

Its kind of hard to say "no" when arguably the best team on earth comes calling...

I'm a Gooner and I wasn't a big fan of his and we made a good chunk of change off his sale...

As shown in an aforementioned post, he played well over the weekend against Valladolid and completed all his passes (first time in La Liga history IIRC)...

He needs to keep that hunger up and play that well CONSISTENTLY, and then Tata will have no choice but to play him more often (and he can rotate him in CL and CdR matches).

Alex Song should.never have signed for Barca. Wasting away behind Busquets.

Its kind of hard to say "no" when arguably the best team on earth comes calling...

I'm a Gooner and I wasn't a big fan of his and we made a good chunk of change off his sale...

As shown in an aforementioned post, he played well over the weekend against Valladolid and completed all his passes (first time in La Liga history IIRC)...

He needs to keep that hunger up and play that well CONSISTENTLY, and then Tata will have no choice but to play him more often (and he can rotate him in CL and CdR matches).

Tito Vilanova wanted Javi Martinez at the time but Athletic Bilbao wanted €40 million for him which Rosell didn't wanted to pay so getting Song for €15 million was considered a good buy (at the time) because of his passing ability & defensive prowess. He was also only 24 at the time but had loads of experience.

Interesting fact, Barca has paid apprx €150 million to Arsenal over the years for the likes of Marc Overmars, Emmanuel Petit, Giovani van Bronckhorst, Alexander Hleb, Thierry Henry, Cesc Fàbregas, & Alex Song.

I'm interested to see how Song (among others) develops under Tata. I've really liked what he's been doing in terms of rotations & his line-ups. Every move has worked out well for Tata & the players are flourishing.

Athletic Bilbao did well to profit from the sales of Martinez and Llorente.

I feel Muniain's recent play has taken a dip in form.

What could've been had Javi came to Camp Nou :rolleyes. Oh well...

Iker is young enough (20 or 21?) where he should be able to regain form under solid coaching however it's been a while since he hasn't player well. I don't think Ernesto was a good hire. The Basque giants back when Llorente & Javi were playing were a great team. It's a shame they haven't been the same since.

Speaking of loss in form... Llorente?!?! What's up with him?

fifa-glitch.gif

What could've been had Javi came to Camp Nou :rolleyes. Oh well...
rot away on the bench? He made the right choice by moving to Bayern imo. Look at them now, arguably the best team in the world right meow.

You honestly think Javi would've "rot away on the bench" had he come to Camp Nou? His last year at the Basque giants, Marcelo Bielsa used Javi as a CB. He would've slid right in & played the same for Barca.

I was going to say FCB could badly use Javi Martinez's versatility for depth while chasing the treble. Spell Busquets as the holding mid, deputy CB which Barca has proven effective in transitioning with Mascherano and Toure, albeit more so under Pep than the current regime.

Told you FCB supporters to be patient with Bartra.

Last edited:
My cus is sending more wallpapers tomorrow morning. Maybe if he can do more requests before the end of the week. Let me know. Pretty sure he has BVB and Gala on the way.

I'm glad AC Milan's Mexes got a 4 game ban. He was a straight thug on the pitch against Juve. In addition to a bevy of fouls, he threw a punch at Juve's Giorgio Chiellini like he was playing prison football. Chiellinilater got revenge by scoring a goal.

The Rossoneri also have to play their no home game with no fans because of more racist chants. :smh:

Add to this, Roma vs Napoli has to be pushed up a day this week from Sat to Fri because of protests planned for Sat in Rome. The police can't handle both events. :smh:

:smh:

i got some of those wallpapers but they never really fit perfectly on my ipad, it was ninjahood sized zoomed in, anyone else had these problems?

i got some of those wallpapers but they never really fit perfectly on my ipad, it was ninjahood sized zoomed in, anyone else had these problems?

Yea man, ever since the new software update the wallpapers are crazy zoomed in and you can't do anything about it. My cus found a way and he hit me with a new Porto one last week. Which one are you looking for, I'll ask him to resize them accordingly to the new specs that iOS 7 software has now.

Cru, you're a funny guy, you.

I'm glad AC Milan's Mexes got a 4 game ban. He was a straight thug on the pitch against Juve. In addition to a bevy of fouls, he threw a punch at Juve's Giorgio Chiellini like he was playing prison football. Chiellinilater got revenge by scoring a goal.

The Rossoneri also have to play their no home game with no fans because of more racist chants. :smh:

Add to this, Roma vs Napoli has to be pushed up a day this week from Sat to Fri because of protests planned for Sat in Rome. The police can't handle both events. :smh:

Protest on Saturday? I've been living under a rock, please enlighten. I thought it was rescheduled due to CL.

Yea man, ever since the new software update the wallpapers are crazy zoomed in and you can't do anything about it. My cus found a way and he hit me with a new Porto one last week. Which one are you looking for, I'll ask him to resize them accordingly to the new specs that iOS 7 software has now.

Cru, you're a funny guy, you.
a re-done of any Chelsea, Shatkar, Ajax but you mentioned Gala coming out, but that USA one looks nice as well, havent got my ipad on me to see if that one fits

Last edited:
Protest on Saturday? I've been living under a rock, please enlighten. I thought it was rescheduled due to CL.

Unless you live in Rome or Italy, I wouldn't expect you to know what's going on. I had to look it up. There is a group called the No TAV movement protesting a rail that's supposed to connect Turin to Lyon, France.

The protesters say they fear environmental issues arising from the construction but I think it probably has more to do with Italians deep mistrust of government & mass projects like this that fuel corruption & extend way beyond budget.

The current rail goes up high into the Alps via a winding track & the proposed new rail will go through the heart of the Alps cutting out a significant amount of distance.

Ramsey is named BPL player of the month and Wengee is the manager of the month. Well deserved :pimp:

Smoking privileges. :pimp:

Last edited:
So wait, the English FA want Januzaj for their national side? :lol: He's only been living there since March 2011 when he came over from Anderlecht. He was born in Brussels to parents of Albanian & Serbian descent. He has no English ancestry nor is he a political refugee.

Januzaj not even eligible for naturalization for another 3 years or so. :lol: The state of English football indeed. How can FA Chairman Greg **** go on his tirade about foreign players in the Prem destroying the state of English football but go ahead with this? :lol: :smh:

C'est parce qu'ils sont merde!

honhonhon

je blague.

Lmaooo I mean he's leading us in scoring but yeah no reason at all they should be that low in the table smh started the season well too
:rofl: :rofl:
How about Grenier?

My cus is sending more wallpapers tomorrow morning. Maybe if he can do more requests before the end of the week. Let me know. Pretty sure he has BVB and Gala on the way.
I requested a Lyon and Montpellier one a while back :rolleyes

What an odd request. Gala and Villarreal? Never heard of those clubs.
:lol:

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Ramsey is named BPL player of the month and Wengee is the manager of the month. Well deserved :pimp:

Smoking privileges. :pimp:
I see it :lol:
Anyways, well deserved

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom