The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Those mom and pop store that get their hands on them will sell them for close to 1k easily.

I have a feeling this will be the last gen for MnPs :smh:

it’s over for mom and pops and GameStop this gen. They will not survive. Sales will plummet. Cheaper digital only will be the most bought console for both xbox and ps. Would not be surprised if the slim and “pro” models will be digital only.

Last edited:
They make way more all around on all digital but you can see how production is split on this first run, they aren't willing to deal with the customer outrage - yet.

If I had been forced to go all digital on PS5, they wouldn't have seen a cent of my money until Gran Turismo 7 released. I'm not with the trappn bullshet.

it’s over for mom and pops and GameStop this gen. They will not survive. Sales will plummet. Cheaper digital only will be the most bought console for both xbox and ps. Would not be surprised if the are and “pro” models will be digital only.

Makes sense, I think video games will follow the film industry model where most studios are pushing digital services nowadays vs pushing Blu-ray sales. PC gaming has kind of already been doing this.

Maybe I don’t quite understand how Sony is going this but I would have thought that they’d send you the email if they had one for you. Why send out 1M+ emails if you only got 500k?

edit: I was wrong, still fcfs:smh:

Last edited:
Got the email on Wednesday the 16th.

2 mins to go, link just brings me to the sony store....

Edit: Read that wrong, its 10am PT. Lol back to sleep for me.
1600437702461.png

How are digital older games gonna work, like Street Fighter Anniversary collection and the free digital download of Street Fighter 4 that I was able to download as well. Will I be able to download it for free on PSN on the PS5? Also, I'm assuming we can transfer save data from PS4 to PS5 with an external hard drive?

Been thinking about it and I now believe that Bluepoint should do a Bloodorne remake next.

How are digital older games gonna work, like Street Fighter Anniversary collection and the free digital download of Street Fighter 4 that I was able to download as well. Will I be able to download it for free on PSN on the PS5? Also, I'm assuming we can transfer save data from PS4 to PS5 with an external hard drive?

I dont know solid information about the game download, but the save data would probably be easiest to upload to the cloud save your PS+ offers, then download from there once you have your PS5.

I upload any game save I think may be worthwhile to have later to the cloud. I learned my lesson when my OG PS4 kicked the bucket and I had no back-ups. If you have your PS4 set with your PS+ PSN as the primary account, there is an option to have it automatically upload your saves without having to do it manually. Because I game share with a friend, I have to do mine manually.

Feel like they'll have a decent amount mid December to get the Christmas crowd.

if a digital game is backwards compatible you can download it on the ps5. what kind of data like game saves? should be on the cloud for ps+

99% of ps4 games will be backwards compatible

Just saw on Resetera a twitter conversation confirming that Spider-Man PS4 won't get the free PS5 upgrade. The only way to play the enhanced Spider-Man PS4 on PS5 is through the Ultimate Edition of Spider-Man: MM :smh:

Been thinking about it and I now believe that Bluepoint should do a Bloodorne remake next.

Bloodborne Remastered has been rumored a lot for PS5/PC that I think it's going to happen.
No idea who's doing it though.

Sony needs to just buy Bluepoint ASAP and get them to make their own games at this point.

Just saw on Resetera a twitter conversation confirming that Spider-Man PS4 won't get the free PS5 upgrade. The only way to play the enhanced Spider-Man PS4 on PS5 is through the Ultimate Edition of Spider-Man: MM :smh:

Still hasn't been confirmed yet but they're taking their sweet time.
Looking at the improvements they said they've made to the game, I won't expect a free upgrade.

DMC:5 SE is a paid upgrade and people are fine but Spider-Man is causing havoc :lol:

Again Sony and their messaigng but I will let it slide for this year.

Back
Top Bottom