The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

What PS4 game ran at 120fps? I assumed that all consoles this gen to include Pro/One X were locked to 60fps.

A few PSVR games ran at native 120fps.
Nothing special in terms of graphics.

The most impressive is probably Trackmania Turbo but thats only 120fps on the pro and 90fps on regular PS4.

Thanks for the input y'all, this controller looks great:
20200623_122155.jpg

Interesting. I had read some stuff in the past couple years.

Could be a reason why a lot of people are pissed with TLOU Part II's writing. The game is now polarizing to people.

Why would it be a reason? Amy Hennig didnt write The Last of Us.

Maybe I should point out Tal Blevins and Steve Butts were IGN higher-ups; Naughty Dog was the victim of the inaccurate reporting. This would have occurred around 2012 I believe.

Crash is also getting the PS5 treatment. Basically any game from now is going to get that treatment.

Will probably wait for PS5 before considering the Avengers game.

I'm in the same boat. Bought my 4K TV for PS4 Pro and FFXV.

Depending on the specs of your TV. A good TV in 2016 will be fine for next gen.

However, new 4K TV's are coming with:

120Hz panels so you can play 120fps games.
Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) which prevents tearing and makes games without a locked fps count smoother.
Auto low latency Mode (ALLM) which automatically detects when you've switched on your console and sets the TV to game mode so that it's not set to other modes which can add more input lag from video processing.

Overall specs for newer TV's are better as well.
Dolby Vision and HDR10+ are the major HDR standards going forwards and brightness on TV sets have increased too since 2016.
My TV only supports HDR10

I'm not rushing into getting a new set. There will be more TV's with the features above next year and more refined.
We'll also get a good chance to see if games take advantage straight away. I've only seen 1 game confirmed with 120fps for next gen.
I think I'm going to hold off buying a new TV like you said hopefully they'll be cheaper then

metacritic isnt allowing anyone to give the last of us 2 a negative review lol. you get a 503 error on it.

They continue to look worse and worse.

They claim they don't care if you hate the game but they'll copyright strike you on YouTube and try to get you banned on Twitter if you say negative things about them or the game.

Now this, :lol:

Also, I like how people are pretending that all the positive reviews are honest and not from spam accounts.

Just over 15 hours in and I’m really enjoying the game. My only gripe (and I feel like I speak for almost everyone on this)

**** STALKERS!!!

they scare me

Man ammo is scarce in this game. Still exploring Seattle. Just crafted a rifle with a scope but can barely find ammo to use it. I take my time and explore a lot too. Guess I might be missing some stuff.

I remember someone posting about trophies. I've already got like 4 or 5 of them.

Back
Top Bottom