The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Hate what she did to her face. She's still hot but G4 was her prime. Asians in entertainment always end up shaving their jawline to look more white. Chloe Bennett did the same thing :smh:
Yeah I don't understand trading soft beautiful features for that wiry sharp jaw big teeth look. People see themselves how they see themselves though.

Early TLOU2
I played TLOU1 for the first time a month ago and I did not develop the same attachment to Joel as a lot of other people I know and don't know. Maybe it's because I didn't let the ending marinate for a few years but yeah I wasn't as moved when he got the boot

bruh. Some of us waited 7 years! Aite whatever. Do what they did. Where Joel has run its course. But at least could’ve given us a sequel inbetween with those games. What if Smoke killed CJ and then you had to play as him :smh:

One Punch Ma'am > Joel & Ellie, you just don't understand the deeper themes of the game, it's a 10/10.

4E423728-C1AF-4344-93F4-9C3D0EF604C7.jpeg

One Punch Ma'am > Joel & Ellie, you just don't understand the deeper themes of the game, it's a 10/10.

that ma’am name for Abby came about because she looked like a trans character in the leaks. But you only hate it because of plot holes tho

that ma’am name for Abby came about because she looked like a trans character in the leaks. But you only hate it because of plot holes tho

You're still in your feelings because I think the game isn't good? Yikes.

I know nothing about the leaks, saw the nickname on a Twitch stream and my damn avatar is from One Punch Man, quit your crying.

Welp, there goes my weekend plans.
Bestbuy just hit me with the shipment delayed email. Worst thing is that if they don't ship by next Friday they are going to cancel.

I wish they were as efficient in shipping the product as they were in deducting $434 from my account. The hardest thing now is trying to avoid spoilers.

Low-key heated but with everything going on irl, if this is the worst thing to happen to me, I'm still in good shape.
The charges dropped from my card but not a single word from Best buy.
Horrible communication.

Finished TLoUp2. Loved it. Had me feeling all kinds of emotions. Don't wanna get too into it without spoilers, but everyone who's played the first one should definitely play this game.

Nice. I hope we start hearing more details like this soon.
Crash is also getting the PS5 treatment. Basically any game from now is going to get that treatment.

Will probably wait for PS5 before considering the Avengers game.

Would the ps5 look good on a 4k tv that was bought in 2016 or is there better TV's out now ?

I'm in the same boat. Bought my 4K TV for PS4 Pro and FFXV.

Depending on the specs of your TV. A good TV in 2016 will be fine for next gen.

However, new 4K TV's are coming with:

120Hz panels so you can play 120fps games.
Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) which prevents tearing and makes games without a locked fps count smoother.
Auto low latency Mode (ALLM) which automatically detects when you've switched on your console and sets the TV to game mode so that it's not set to other modes which can add more input lag from video processing.

Overall specs for newer TV's are better as well.
Dolby Vision and HDR10+ are the major HDR standards going forwards and brightness on TV sets have increased too since 2016.
My TV only supports HDR10

I'm not rushing into getting a new set. There will be more TV's with the features above next year and more refined.
We'll also get a good chance to see if games take advantage straight away. I've only seen 1 game confirmed with 120fps for next gen.

Doubt Dolby Vision will ever be used for games on the PS5, only game I know that uses it was the last Mass Effect on PC, hopefully it will support it for UHDs at least...

Doubt Dolby Vision will ever be used for games on the PS5, only game I know that uses it was the last Mass Effect on PC, hopefully it will support it for UHDs at least...

Sony 's new TV's all support Dolby Vision instead of HDR10+ and it's movie studios have picked Dolby Vision as well.
Still though, I don't think they would lock out the older TV's like mine which only has HDR10 so you're probably right.

Then there's the licensing costs for Dolby.

It has to support it for Netflix and UHD though no doubt.

I think Dolby Vision will win the format war but for games. I think we're stuck with HDR10.
I'm fine with it to be honest. I haven't seen a side by side comaprison between HDR10 and Dolby Vision/HDR10+

Need to do more research into if Games need a HDR format since they render on the fly as opposed to a movie.

PS5 will run at 60fps only?

Nah even PS4 had 120fps games.

PS5 will be the same.

I think more games will have the option for higher framerate or higher resolution.

What PS4 game ran at 120fps? I assumed that all consoles this gen to include Pro/One X were locked to 60fps.

Back
Top Bottom