The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Many the PS4 Pro is great.

But damn Sony and how they make installing and upgrading a internal hard drive such a pain and difficult process.

-Fresh out the retail box I opened the back slot where the internal hard drive was. Unscrewed the stock 1TB drive that came with it from the hard drive metal housing unit. Now I slid my Seagate Fire Cuda SSD Hybrid 2TB 2.5 inch laptop drive but it doesn't fit right because and the 4 screw spots on the sides of the my new hard drive don't line up correctly. I noticed that Sony by default for some strange reason uses a slightly bigger 1TB laptop hard drive that comes stock with the PS4 pro. So finally after doing some mods with my brand new 2TB SSD hybrid internal laptop hard drive and the laptop housing unit that goes into the PS4 pro I got the screws lined up correctly so that it stayed in the laptop hard drive housing unit. This took me a good 1 hour to figure out.

-Next frustration is Sony's damn firmware download from their official site. Whoever manages that website needs to be seriously FIRED. First off the site goes through like 3 paragraphs of instructions only to point you to the WRONG damn PS4 update file to download. If you ever upgrade your internal PS4 hard drive you need to click on and download link that goes to the 900MB PS4 update file and not the latest 4.73 Firmware update file.That will not work when installing a new internal hard drive which forces you to install the main firmware when you boot the PS4 into safe mode and connect a USB flash drive or external hard drive with the required update file.

:rolleyes

image.png

I thought I looked at the whole library, idr seeing any gta's! I'll have to check. Wonder if it's the same rendering as when they were ported for the og xbox. Everything was shinier and filtered properly.

Wonder if the codes in my head still work...r1,r2, l1, l2, left down right up left down right up...:lol:

RDR though is only available on PS Now streaming service which I refuse to even try for a subscription based service.

Which is why I bought a Xbox One S for dirt cheap last year during black friday and got RDR GOTY for $9.

It's roughly £300 over here... no tax. I guess that's reasonable?
Yea that's much cheaper than here. Go for it.

I'm hoping this generation lasts at least another 2 years. I feel like with the Pro, we're seeing a lot of games get a nice visual bump and I'd expect the PS5 to be a fairly significant upgrade.

This.
I'm all up for mid gen upgrades after seeing the improvements pro made to my games. VR got a huge boost too.

I need to go TV before I go Pro.. these damn OLEDs taxed as hail though lol

If it's within your budget, man just save up extra.
It was depressing seeinf the ZD9 in person at the John Lewis store. OLED TV would have been worse.

I don't want to get rid of my launch PS4 because I still have the P.T. demo on it.

That could be worth a lot in future. Similar to the 60GB PS3's.

Playing this siege and maaaaaaaan :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Finally changed the lighting in the game. Didn't think they were ever gonna do it but thank god they did

Finally got around to taking pics of my new PS4 Pro setup.

FullSizeRender%205.jpg

IMG_5947.jpg

Next up on my upgrade list come black Friday is the Sony X900E 49"4K HDR TV. Which deals should be around $850 to $900.

I finished Lost Legacy last week, good addition to the series, kept storylines from previous games and built a new one. I hope they do another with them but you can either switch between the two characters, the crazy thing is the girls had more team up moves compared to Netflix Defenders series smh, that show really sucked lol

Got a free copy of Destiny 2 on PS4 so ill be on there more, trying to update and configure my Cronusmax so I can use my Elite controller however.

2_LA_Noire_Announcement_Poster.jpg

L.A. Noire for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One delivers the complete original game and all additional downloadable content with a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, including enhanced lighting and clouds, new cinematic camera angles, high resolution textures and more. L.A. Noire plays natively in 1080p for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, and stunning 4K for PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X, capturing the grit and grime of the City of Angels like never before.

Was that a good game?
I enjoyed it. But many people were disappointed because it was nowhere near GTA.

I enjoyed the storyline and the fact that it took place during the rise in Los Angeles.

Yeah, I'm not selling my PS4. Going to replay this game lol.

2_LA_Noire_Announcement_Poster.jpg

L.A. Noire for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One delivers the complete original game and all additional downloadable content with a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, including enhanced lighting and clouds, new cinematic camera angles, high resolution textures and more. L.A. Noire plays natively in 1080p for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, and stunning 4K for PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X, capturing the grit and grime of the City of Angels like never before.
always wanted to play this game but never got around to buying it, will cop somewhere down the line

Back
Top Bottom