The OFFICIAL Powerball and Megamillions thread:

Bout to get my 3 tickets. I not even hoping I win. Imma lower my expectations so it's not disappointing when I lose

I would break off immediate family and friends, I cant even front. Develop an amount I live off yearly and invest another portion. Everything else will just set.

I would break off immediate family and friends, I cant even front. Develop an amount I live off yearly and invest another portion. Everything else will just set.
That's the wisest thing to do. If I win 70% is going in the bank and I'm living off the interest. The rest is for family , friends , charity's , and church.

Real talk though, It's kinda scary that if you won, you wouldn't be you anymore. All the things that make you as a person would change drastically. How you gonna hang out with your childhood friends when they expect you to pay for everything all the time? Or constantly resenting you for not having to worry about bills. What are they going to do for fun that would even remotely interest you anymore? "hey wanna come over to steves saturday night and take shots of bacardi? sara, the new chick from Macy's might stop by." "Naw fam, I'm headed out to Dubai to bang hookers and do coke. maybe next time....." And if you want him to come with you, you gotta get him a passport, and buy his tickets. Basically you've just become everybodys babysitter. So you dead all your friends. now what? get new ones? because you'll have so much in common with the rest of the worlds super wealthy. All the money that you just won, all the sudden made you smart and well mannered and an interesting person to talk to and cultured and well traveled and well spoken.........NOT!

It's like this: Imagine every single video game you've ever played that had cheat codes. As soon as you put them cheat codes on that let you skip levels or make the game way easier, the game becomes worthless and you really don't play it anymore.

I only have 3 real friends from my past, word to Ye. Keeping my circle small all these years has its benefits. The rest of my friends are from college/studying and working abroad and scattered across the globe. I'm good.

Those 3 real friends know I'm ghost with or without the money. With the money, it would obviously be sooner than later.

Fam, know I'm ghost too, I'm not even close to my sisters or brothers, we've spent so much time apart that they're almost strangers tbh. I love them to death, and they'd be set for life, but the communal thanksgivings and holidays have always been few and far between. I'd just set out to carve my own path, raise my daughter and show her the world while adding a few more to the clan. Nothing that i don't plan on doing with out money.

I only have 3 real friends from my past, word to Ye. Keeping my circle small all these years has its benefits. The rest of my friends are from college/studying and working abroad and scattered across the globe. I'm good.

Those 3 real friends know I'm ghost with or without the money. With the money, it would obviously be sooner than later.

Fam, know I'm ghost too, I'm not even close to my sisters or brothers, we've spent so much time apart that they're almost strangers tbh. I love them to death, and they'd be set for life, but the communal thanksgivings and holidays have always been few and far between. I'd just set out to carve my own path, raise my daughter and show her the world while adding a few more to the clan. Nothing that i don't plan on doing with out money.
Real talk right here.

I've been gone ghost on everyone from my past.

Only immediate family & a few aunts/cousins would be taken care of.

Regarding the worry about finding new friends w/in that new tax bracket that you're entering & how you'll mesh with them...

WHO GIVES A DAMN, YOU'RE ******* PAID!!!

& if for whatever reason we don't click, I can do bad all by myself :pimp:

It's going to be won by like 3 different people I bet.. it'll still be an insane amount of money to be split, but I'm surprised if it all goes to one winner.

Some sound advise from Mark Cuban:

Mark Cuban’s tips for eventual winner of the $1.5 billion (or more) Powerball jackpot

.entry-header

A winner of the record $1.5 billion Powerball jackpot Wednesday night – if there is a winner this time – will enter a rarefied world of the super-rich.

The one or ones with lucky tickets won’t be billionaire rich; an upfront payout and taxes cuts that down to only $651 million or maybe a little less. But he or she will have billionaire-type problems and advantages.

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who knows what it’s like to suddenly become incredibly wealthy, has some tips (some practical and some philosophical) for the winner or winners.
  • Hire a tax attorney first.
  • Don’t take the lump sum. You don’t want to blow it all in one spot.
  • If you weren’t happy yesterday you won’t be happy tomorrow. It’s money. It’s not happiness.
  • If you were happy yesterday, you are going to be a lot happier tomorrow. It’s money. Life gets easier when you don’t have to worry about the bills.
  • Tell all your friends and relatives no. They will ask. Tell them no. If you are close to them, you already know who needs help and what they need. Feel free to help SOME, but talk to your accountant before you do anything and remember this, no one needs 1m dollars for anything. No one needs 100k for anything. Anyone who asks is not your friend.
  • You don’t become a smart investor when you win the lottery. Don’t make investments. You can put it in the bank and live comfortably. Forever. You will sleep a lot better knowing you won’t lose money.
But don’t take this as a suggestion from Cuban that you should spend a lot of money on lottery tickets. The odds (one in 292.2 million) will continue to be remote no matter how many tickets you buy.

“It’s OK to spend 2 dollars for entertainment value,” he said via email. “If you have 10 dollars go to a Mavs game.”

Last edited:
You don’t become a smart investor when you win the lottery. Don’t make investments. You can put it in the bank and live comfortably. Forever. You will sleep a lot better knowing you won’t lose money.I said the same thing a few pages back. Like if you have ALL of that, unless you plan on going wild with it, not sure if you
I said the same a few pages back. Do you think you should really be taking those risks? I wouldn't, but I can understand those that do. But I just see everyone saying this will be part of their post-winning plan. Is it REALLY needed?

Last edited:

I only have what I consider one real friend in my state no joke

My family I love but spread out all over, we all adults now life etc......

I'm closer to NT than family lol. Real life I just have many associates or close associates true friend is different

I said the same a few pages back. Do you think you should really be taking those risks? I wouldn't, but I can understand those that do. But I just see everyone saying this will be part of their post-winning plan. Is it REALLY needed?

No it's not

NT clearly don't want you to win the lottery

That's why if I win I don't have a problem sharing, even how I like to spend no way I would go broke. Love cars but would have 2 at most and not Mayweather level 2m+ car either

You don't have to invest it in risky investments... there's smart and stable ways to invest that money. This comment from reddit breaks it down well of how you could divide up that money.. where you'd have money coming in no matter what just off interest and then you could invest a large portion into a safe and consistent investment.

It's not really needed considering this would be more money than you'd ever need in multiple lifetimes, but it's a smart way to protect yourself and build off what you've already won.

I remember I told my friends (this was about 8 years ago) that if I won the lotto, I'd give them $60, they all called me shady. And they said they would break me off 5million.

Then later that week I gave my homie $60 for some gas and said to keep it. All of a sudden I wasn't so shady after all.

Today' l wouldn't give anything to anybody. Nobody outside of my immediate family deserves a million dollars from me.

You don’t become a smart investor when you win the lottery. Don’t make investments. You can put it in the bank and live comfortably. Forever. You will sleep a lot better knowing you won’t lose money.I said the same thing a few pages back. Like if you have ALL of that, unless you plan on going wild with it, not sure if you

Nah fambs. 600 million should be more than enough for my kids and their kids.
Whatever happens after my grandkids idgaf

I've never played, nor planned to play, the lotto in my life, nor am I superstitious, but when you have a dream where the same numbers keep getting yelled at you and there's 1.5B (before taxes) out there just waiting for someone(s) to claim it, you say **** it and buy a ticket
laugh.gif

:lol: I'd break all the homies off so they can have fun with me. I don't know why you wouldn't. All my boys are getting a mil. Why would I want to be the only one ballin? Seems like that would get boring. My friends aren't idiots so I'd expect them to flip that mil into more money.

I'd also have no problem telling people to kick rocks who I'm not close with.

Hope you only have 5 friends cuz after giving away 5 M, you'd have to pay 40% in gift tax

Hope you only have 5 friends cuz after giving away 5 M, you'd have to pay 40% in gift tax

QFE, a point folks continue to overlook time and again.

Folks talmbout copping friends cars and houses.

Bruh, who paying for those property taxes? Upkeep? Landscaping?

You paying for maintenance on those whips?

Car insurance?

Home owners insurance?

You going to pay for their new lifestyle for the rest of ya'll lives? Really? Okay, g'luck with that.

Last edited:
I really would do my best to take the anonymous route, if I won.

I'd offer to pay of my parents/in-laws home and their cars. But when it comes to friends, I don't think they need to know.

I feel like living modest and having a couple of nice things will keep my and my fam under the radar of anyone knowing I won the lottery. lol.

Back
Top Bottom