The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^ dope. no flash allowed? how can i go to one of those
nerd.gif

here's link to canon's rebates, hope it helps those looking:

http://www.usa.canon.com/.../products?pageKeyCode=53

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Anyone here ever caught someone using one of your pictures? What did you do?
nerd.gif

It depends. I post my photos on a blog for everybody that follows me to see. And I've had a couple of cases where somebody used my picture and didn't give me credit and I just kindly ask them to tag me in it or put a link to my flickr or take it off.

If you're really butthurt, just take legal actions if it bugs you that much. But for the photos that I never post but are on my flickr, they know how to get through flickr's anti-download defense which isn't hard actually lol

I mean pictures that someone wanted taken for their business then they used them without paying.

I know this question has been asked probably 1,000x in this thread but I've never owned a DSLR before and I'm looking for an easy to use camera. Looking to spend like $400-$600.

I was looking at the Canon EOS Rebel Xs or the EOS Rebel T2i. Anyone recommend either one of these or know of a good camera in my price range?

^ speaking from a canon perspective, I shoot with the T2i as my first DSLR and have no regrets. I chose it because it seemed to be the best 'all-around- entry level in regards to picture quality as well as video. My other option I was considering was a nikon d5000. Either way I don't think you can go wrong.

Hey guys, im new to this DSLR world, but I researched and decided that the canon XS is a good fit for me as a beginner. Are there any other DSLR suggestions other than this choice? Maybe the XSi or Canon? And also, I have been hearing that its not really about the camera, but about the usage of different lenses; they change the whole look of the image. Is this true? Any help would be appreciated, all of these pictures are motivating me to start photography as a new hobby. 
devil.gif

Originally Posted by adob0

^ dope. no flash allowed? how can i go to one of those
nerd.gif

here's link to canon's rebates, hope it helps those looking:

http://www.usa.canon.com/.../products?pageKeyCode=53

you can use flash, i never do for some reason. i probably should at times though.
i have had a working relationship with nike for about 4 years now, so i get invited to media summits pertaining to sports or their NSW line. if things go according to plan in the next few months, i might be able to add on for some help at these things. i will post in here if it all works out and i end up needing help down the road.

^ regarding the XS, I'd say thats fine if you are really on a strict budget and have zero aspirations for video. The lens are def more important than the body as well.

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

Is the D7000 still sold out everywhere?

Btw I'm selling my D5000 for 550$, it comes with a 35mm 1.8

i got one about a month ago now. was able to track one down should be available just call around.

Originally Posted by nyckone

you can use flash, i never do for some reason. i probably should at times though.
i have had a working relationship with nike for about 4 years now, so i get invited to media summits pertaining to sports or their NSW line. if things go according to plan in the next few months, i might be able to add on for some help at these things. i will post in here if it all works out and i end up needing help down the road.

nice. i'd love to do something like that, good for u man
smokin.gif

oh, i think you prolly misunderstood what i meant about the flash...in the 2nd pic, i noticed no one using any external flash/units, thats only reason why i asked

I received a Canon PowerShot SX30IS for Christmas and don't really know anything about digital photography.

Was this a good purchase?

Should I try to return it to get something else or just learn with this?

Any help is appreciated

my rebel t2i is on the way
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

shout out to adob0 for that link and the other nter who suggested 42photo

now, what are some good lenses for a starter, i bought the kit so i'm getting those starter lenses, any suggestions??

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Bana what do you shoot with? Always liked your pics

Another thing how do you know which lens to use to suit your needs?
I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark II, and i am usually shooting with a 24 f/ 1.4L or the EF 50 f/1.4.

I choose what lens i'm using based on the stlye shooting im doing (street shootin vs. portraiture)... I mainly shoot in low light, so i like large aperture lenses.

some random stuff, old... but i haven't had time to edit/upload anything. blah.

Halloween

5299000805_3ae9f85ab8_z.jpg
5299570790_7581150ddf_z.jpg

5298969907_6d61c1cd42_b.jpg

5299556866_5c7b87d956_b.jpg

5299601962_071d450dc1_b.jpg

Random stuff

5299460834_c6df223100_b.jpg

5299025093_177d1fc6d8_b.jpg

5299042203_5410c14fe5_b.jpg

5299540416_2902217ac2_b.jpg

Originally Posted by The Tradesman

Hey guys, im new to this DSLR world, but I researched and decided that the canon XS is a good fit for me as a beginner. Are there any other DSLR suggestions other than this choice? Maybe the XSi or Canon? And also, I have been hearing that its not really about the camera, but about the usage of different lenses; they change the whole look of the image. Is this true? Any help would be appreciated, all of these pictures are motivating me to start photography as a new hobby. 
devil.gif
XSi is a Canon body. Great entry level DSLR if you're just starting out. If you're interested in video, T1i/T2i is what you're looking for. You can take great pictures with the kit lens which comes w/ the body. I would recommend learning the settings and such on your camera first before spending hundreds on a new lens. Once you familiarize yourself with the camera and the basics of photography, you can invest in a quality lens.

Thanks ReMargable. Oh I didn't mean "XSi or canon," I meant or Nikon haha. So would your advice then is to just purchase the XS and once I get familiar with all of the features, purchase higher quality lenses?

Originally Posted by Coogi Sweaters

I received a Canon PowerShot SX30IS for Christmas and don't really know anything about digital photography.

Was this a good purchase?

Should I try to return it to get something else or just learn with this?

Any help is appreciated
Canon PowerShot S95 is the best point and shoot.

If you're looking for a DSLR, go with Nikon.

Took a trip out to Boston back in July and took a picture of a random alley on the way to little Italy using my Canon XSi..

Some nicely worn in Taka Akats
j110fc.jpg

52n9cg.jpg

one of my favorite shoes at the moment. not mine, but worn here by a friend.

2nv732h.jpg

mc4whe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom