The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Nah I've put together a zine, a photo book for my pops, and I've written/photographed for a print magazine. That stuff is fun, too. I had to use a printing company for the zine and book, though (mixam). I live in a small brooklyn apartment with a friend lol I don't have the means and space for printers or even a home darkroom setup. I went to a local spot called gowanus darkroom.

Digital prints are meaningful for me to share with my friends and family, for them to have a piece of what I'm doing for them and with them. Analog photography is for me to connect with the art form and appreciate the centuries-old process. I learned my way through the darkroom as I learned about my favorite 20th century photographers.

There will always be a disconnect between digital and film for me, and nothing digital has compared to creating a print from a negative in a darkroom.

IMG_9672.jpeg

I decided to go through my files and re edit some old pics and edit ones I thought weren't that good initially. It reminded me how much easier natural light is compared to incorporating flash :lol:

Last edited:
I hear you. I never learned the ins and outs of artificial light. I bought a flash for my sony A7 last year and it feels so aggressive to use.

I hear you. I never learned the ins and outs of artificial light. I bought a flash for my sony A7 last year and it feels so aggressive to use.
It's great when you're going for a certain look, and you can get certain details that natural light can't accomplish, but it can be a pain in the add especially lugging around stands and other gear.

A few new edits and re edits of a shoot I did 3 years ago

IMG_3848.jpeg

IMG_3846.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3847.jpeg
    IMG_3847.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3845.jpeg
    IMG_3845.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 8
IMG_0465.jpeg

Had some disposable cash and im goving rangefinders a try. If i dont like it i can get my money back but i will try it out tomorrow.

IMG_0465.jpeg

Had some disposable cash and im goving rangefinders a try. If i dont like it i can get my money back but i will try it out tomorrow.
Nice. I think the thing that will get you is the close focus. You really can’t get close like you can with the Mamiya RB67.

If you do general landscapes, it’s a great camera and it’s lightweight, has a quiet shutter and has really sharp lenses. The downside for me is shooting vertical. So say I want to do a long exposure and need the camera to sit on its side for 20 seconds, it gets really hard unless you have an L-bracket which can be hard to find for this camera. The RB67 I find is a better camera for that because of the rotating back and top down viewfinder. It just weighs like a new born baby.

Nice. I think the thing that will get you is the close focus. You really can’t get close like you can with the Mamiya RB67.

If you do general landscapes, it’s a great camera and it’s lightweight, has a quiet shutter and has really sharp lenses. The downside for me is shooting vertical. So say I want to do a long exposure and need the camera to sit on its side for 20 seconds, it gets really hard unless you have an L-bracket which can be hard to find for this camera. The RB67 I find is a better camera for that because of the rotating back and top down viewfinder. It just weighs like a new born baby.
Man i saw that last night you cant get close but like you said the rb is there for that. I have a tripod that i can flip it vertically if i want those shots. If you try it by hand i will say you need a steady hand so thats something ill figure out.

Update : here it is on my tripod

Actually out in the field may be a different story
IMG_0484.jpeg

Last edited:
Man i saw that last night you cant get close but like you said the rb is there for that. I have a tripod that i can flip it vertically if i want those shots. If you try it by hand i will say you need a steady hand so thats something ill figure out.

Update : here it is on my tripod

Actually out in the field may be a different story
IMG_0484.jpeg
Damn. I guess I have to upgrade my tripod head. No need for the L-bracket.

Back
Top Bottom