The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Hired

ANOTHER ONE :pimp:

Dope.congrats! Do you ever have assistants? I know some photographers do. Just curious

For weddings yes, I bring one. She carries my bag, keeps my lens to switch on deck, and holds my light stand so I can have my off camera flash angle correct instead of static.

For portrait sessions, sometimes.... I'd like to have her always but due to the short notice of portrait sessions, sometimes, I dont get her.

But for regular portrait sessions, i largely use natural light & dont move too much so I dont really need too much help.

Speaking of.. 6s plus pic from the weekend

im in the market for buying a new camera. i was wondering if a full frame camera is more better than a regular dslr ? thanks in advance for advice

im in the market for buying a new camera. i was wondering if a full frame camera is more better than a regular dslr ? thanks in advance for advice

Yeah full frame is always better but be aware of your budget. You want to save some money for a lens or two because kit lenses usually suck. So I wouldn't reccomend putting all your money towards full frame if you arent gettibg any lenses. I dont reccomend kit lenses. No2 if you put all your money towards full frame and you are OK with not shooting until you save up and get lenses then do that because it's better in the long run. Other wise for a budget buy a crop sensor and couple lenses. Upgrade the dslr later. Your choice though

I know the suggestions y'all gave me, I just  came a cross this deal... What y'all think?

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-canon-powershot-sx530-hs-16-mp-1080p-50x-zoom-digital-camera-bundle

for not much more (maybe even slightly less) you could probably scoop an rx100series camera (version 1 for sure possibly a mk2 might fall in this range now) which are pretty universally held as awesome point & shoot cameras, you won't get nearly the same zoom range though...

even though these are very different questions, to get the most helpful/useful answer, it is good to try to think about what the camera will be for, what type of photography/situations will it be used in...it might be that a having wild zoom range in a compact form factor is important, or wanting that crazy shallow depth of field/low light capability from full frame...

What is Magic Lantern? Is it just for video?

no. its basically like jailbreaking your canon. check it out and see if there are features you need. tbh i feel like no one should have to use that, but it can be helpful and especially for those with older cameras like me with a t1i

no. its basically like jailbreaking your canon. check it out and see if there are features you need. tbh i feel like no one should have to use that, but it can be helpful and especially for those with older cameras like me with a t1i

I have a t3i, is it something I should look into? What are the benefits?

I've had ML downloaded for like a year but haven't got around to loading it on my T2i :lol:

I've heard it's real good for people that want to film.

As far as photography goes, I believe it takes off the limit for exposure time, adds an intervalometer, more features for bracketing, and custom crop overlays.

Last edited:
Yeah full frame is always better but be aware of your budget. You want to save some money for a lens or two because kit lenses usually suck. So I wouldn't reccomend putting all your money towards full frame if you arent gettibg any lenses. I dont reccomend kit lenses. No2 if you put all your money towards full frame and you are OK with not shooting until you save up and get lenses then do that because it's better in the long run. Other wise for a budget buy a crop sensor and couple lenses. Upgrade the dslr later. Your choice though

i already have two good lenses (24-70mm and 16-35mm) i'm leaning towards just buying the body and getting another lens on the side. have you ever bought a camera at costco? i like the bundle which they offer (55-250mm) but if you're saying that bundle lenses aren't all that then i might reconsider purchasing somewhere else. thank you for the advice.

for not much more (maybe even slightly less) you could probably scoop an rx100series camera (version 1 for sure possibly a mk2 might fall in this range now) which are pretty universally held as awesome point & shoot cameras, you won't get nearly the same zoom range though...
even though these are very different questions, to get the most helpful/useful answer, it is good to try to think about what the camera will be for, what type of photography/situations will it be used in...it might be that a having wild zoom range in a compact form factor is important, or wanting that crazy shallow depth of field/low light capability from full frame...

thank you for the advice. yeah most likely i'll just go with full frame since it offers more for what i plan to do

i already have two good lenses (24-70mm and 16-35mm) i'm leaning towards just buying the body and getting another lens on the side. have you ever bought a camera at costco? i like the bundle which they offer (55-250mm) but if you're saying that bundle lenses aren't all that then i might reconsider purchasing somewhere else. thank you for the advice.
thank you for the advice. yeah most likely i'll just go with full frame since it offers more for what i plan to do

Go Full Frame, it looks like you already have the glass for it which is the biggest cost of a Full Frame camera. Look into getting a refurbished/used 6D, if you are shooting static subjects and low light. Then save up for 70-200 and you should be set.

Costco is nice, but since you have lenses you can get what you need right away. I would go for the full frame body with whatever lense you want on the side

Go Full Frame, it looks like you already have the glass for it which is the biggest cost of a Full Frame camera. Look into getting a refurbished/used 6D, if you are shooting static subjects and low light. Then save up for 70-200 and you should be set.

Yeah just go full frame. you'll thank yourself in the long run

Costco is nice, but since you have lenses you can get what you need right away. I would go for the full frame body with whatever lense you want on the side

for sure. thanks bros. i really appreciate the info

Back
Top Bottom