The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Just received a Nikon 3000D for Christmas. And I must say I love the SLR camera. I was use to point and shot and have some pretty good shots but nothing compares. Would any of you experts have any advice for me to get started? Here is the first picture I snapped on NYE.

Any of you guys in this post live in Los Angeles/Hollywood? A lot of the pics in this thread are outstanding
pimp.gif

I need a couple for a project I'm working on, and I don't own any cameras like you guys have
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Originally Posted by rocafella kidd

soooo this year i WILL complete my 365 days lol and i still have the lil wizard that was supposed to be passed around the niketalk photography community.. anybody want to get this guy moving to different places?

Wizard?
yeah its a little wizard with orange hair

a few pictures from a recent trip i took, the majority of the photos are still in the process of being edited, but i figured uploading 3 early wouldnt hurt

5321535656_201e6d96fb_z.jpg

5320935793_6d117d777d_z.jpg

5320930089_d9c5389015_z.jpg

Shot with a D60 35mm f/1.8... looking for a D7000 upgrade. I hear it is ridiculous(ly) good in low light.
2cwsgp0.jpg

s5vmfb.jpg

:Gk. Chelsea.

-Jaycinista

^ niiiice.
smokin.gif

rocafellakidd: what's the lil wizard thing about? i'm interested.

5301215017_8e68129123_z.jpg

5314379778_36befc6f3e_z.jpg

started my 365 as well...hope i can make it.

1/365
5314331214_bfb82c1bf3_z.jpg

2/365
5318665380_b24820e34a_z.jpg

3/365
5322188852_b0ec4324ab_z.jpg

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by airjzz

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Canon T2i > that nikon.

uh oh, I read this some where before
laugh.gif
i'm at a roadblock  now..

but anything is BETTER than what I have now.........what makes the cannon T2i better?

I still might roll with the nikon 3100...i really think they are a good camera company.
Really don't think you can go wrong either way. I have a T2i and love it to death.

I have that D3100, got it for Christmas. Only reason why we got that instead of the T21 is because the D3100 came with 2 lenses and a bag.

It's nice though, I'm still trying to get the hang of it. All I'm really doing now is point and shoot.

upload some pics you've took when you get time.

Does anyone know what is a good program to edit pictures that is free on the internet? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Originally Posted by jcinista

Shot with a D60 35mm f/1.8... looking for a D7000 upgrade. I hear it is ridiculous(ly) good in low light.
2cwsgp0.jpg

s5vmfb.jpg

What kind of lighting set up did you use here, Jay?

Originally Posted by The Tradesman

Does anyone know what is a good program to edit pictures that is free on the internet? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Adobe Lightroom is the best free program on the net.
wink.gif

Didn't know the exact name of what this was, but they do it the first of every year. I called it "The Wishing Wall" you write your wish for the year on a posted note.

IMG_6111 by TRSTN.TAYLR, on Flickr

IMG_6114 by TRSTN.TAYLR, on Flickr

IMG_6124 by TRSTN.TAYLR, on Flickr

IMG_6129 by TRSTN.TAYLR, on Flickr

IMG_6128 by TRSTN.TAYLR, on Flickr

IMG_6107 by TRSTN.TAYLR, on Flickr

IMG_6110 by TRSTN.TAYLR, on Flickr

IMG_6104 by TRSTN.TAYLR, on Flickr

IMG_6106 by TRSTN.TAYLR, on Flickr

IMG_6116 by TRSTN.TAYLR, on Flickr

Could anyone help me out here? I'm using a Nikon D3100.

I read somewhere that in some situations that it's better to not use flash. When I do that the picture comes out a bit dark

What could I do to improve it? Here's just a photo of my new HSF, I was shocked at how big it is

5322603518_4d0962f8b2_b.jpg

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Originally Posted by jcinista

2cwsgp0.jpg

What kind of lighting set up did you use here, Jay?
a constant shooting through an umbrella.

Originally Posted by The Tradesman

Thanks cobra kai. I found a 30 day trial, that's the best offer that can be found?
i just googled a full version key and found a site that had them listed. so far, no problems.
pimp.gif

The wizard was a project that someone started here on niketalk.. basically we pass this little wizard around through niketalk members and see where it goes.. updates or photos will be posted here.. unfortunately i was the end to that project.. was just being lazy and never got around to sending it.. this year is a proactive year so i wanna do as much shooting as possible..
 Day 3 - finally have a day off.. relaxing indoors

Hey guys, so i've had my Nikon D7000 for about 3 weeks now and am very happy with my purchase. The other camera i was looking at before buying this Nikon was the Canon 60d.
I have not invested in lenses in either brand, only have the D7000's kit 18-105 lens and am borrowing someone's 50 1.8 lens so that isn't a problem.
What I'm pretty much asking for here is if i made the right choice in choosing the D7000? I mostly shoot stills but [might] look into getting more into video. I was wondering if in your guys' opinion i made the right choice in choosing the D7000 or if I should get the 60d instead. I have a month if i want to return the camera so i have about a week to do so if i make the choice. Do you guys thing the 60D is a better camera than the D7000? Thanks in advance.
cliffnote...

In your opinion do you think the Canon 60D is an overall better camera than the Nikon D7000?

Originally Posted by bl1nk

Hey guys, so i've had my Nikon D7000 for about 3 weeks now and am very happy with my purchase. The other camera i was looking at before buying this Nikon was the Canon 60d.
I have not invested in lenses in either brand, only have the D7000's kit 18-105 lens and am borrowing someone's 50 1.8 lens so that isn't a problem.
What I'm pretty much asking for here is if i made the right choice in choosing the D7000? I mostly shoot stills but [might] look into getting more into video. I was wondering if in your guys' opinion i made the right choice in choosing the D7000 or if I should get the 60d instead. I have a month if i want to return the camera so i have about a week to do so if i make the choice. Do you guys thing the 60D is a better camera than the D7000? Thanks in advance.
cliffnote...

In your opinion do you think the Canon 60D is an overall better camera than the Nikon D7000?
honestly bro, some cats rock canons some cats rock nikons. it all comes down to the user.

This thread inspired me to get into photography. Just got my D3100 yesterday
pimp.gif
Can anyone school me on how to achieve good bokeh? Maybe recommend some good lenses? Thanks in advance guys

Alright everyone, i know this is the best place to ask, I have been shooting for quiet sometime now,
but ive always shot trial and error and i know what im doing,
but really cannot explain it that well
now ive been asked to teach an autistic kid,
so i need actual terms and things like that,
are there any good beginer books that give you basically an overview on shooting with DSLR's maybe something with pictures and tutorials stuff? maybe even something on pshop too.

thanks in advance. any help is greatly appreciated, i want to be able to help this kid out as much as possible since its something in his interest

dslr's for dummies lol

btw i shoot with a canon t2i right now

and a quick shot i messed around with earlier today

2wqsqs4.jpg

Originally Posted by bl1nk

cliffnote...

honestly bro, some cats rock canons some cats rock nikons. it all comes down to the user.

The video on the D7000 isn't horrible and the only thing you really can't do is slo-mo shots due to the framerate being lower then the canon. But if you are doing simple edits and putting them up on youtube, the D7000 should be good. Just like shooting photos, it all depends on how you shoot the video that makes an interesting shot. And I just don't think the 60D would have been any better. If there is an upgrade that you are looking for that would be better then the D7000, then it is the Canon 7D.

Originally Posted by melofan15

This thread inspired me to get into photography. Just got my D3100 yesterday
pimp.gif

Can anyone school me on how to achieve good bokeh? Maybe recommend some good lenses? Thanks in advance guys

Get the Nikon Nikon 50 mm - f/1.8 D-AF - Nikon F. Cheapest lens with decent bokeh but it's narrow as hell. If you have the money, you can get the Nikon 35mm 1.8G but I find that the bokeh is not as good. All up to you though.

Speaking of video, my friend did this edit with the Canon Mark2 and some dollies and steady cam gear:

Back
Top Bottom