The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by bl1nk

the d3100 is currently $599 on amazon if you could stretch your budget $50 more... 
i think it would be worth it, more MP and 1080 video and i'm not sure, but i think the d3000 has no video.

nerd.gif
yeah i just checked that out......

I had the date set on when i'd cop my D3000 and everything but now you're making the d3100 sound like a good idea to get also.

and the megapixel thing did bother me...cus my finepix is 10.0 MP and the Nikon D3000 is only 10.2, the D3100 smokes both of them
grin.gif

but then again my finepix isnt a DSLR either so i dont think the  mp thing matters when compared to an actual DSLR.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Canon T2i > that nikon.

uh oh, I read this some where before
laugh.gif
i'm at a roadblock  now..

but anything is BETTER than what I have now.........what makes the cannon T2i better?

I still might roll with the nikon 3100...i really think they are a good camera company.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Canon T2i > that nikon.

laugh.gif

but anything is BETTER than what I have now.........what makes the cannon T2i better?

I still might roll with the nikon 3100...i really think they are a good camera company.
Really don't think you can go wrong either way. I have a T2i and love it to death.

Originally Posted by airjzz

Couple from a party last night.

Whoa. Rosella? I know her...
laugh.gif

I assume you're from the DMV then. Nice pics on your Flickr.

On a sidenote, I've been really thinking about jumping ship to Canon from my current D5000. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

laugh.gif

On a sidenote, I've been really thinking about jumping ship to Canon from my current D5000. 
tired.gif

I'm thinking about getting a D5000, what don't you like about it?

Who here can shed some light on experiences they've had printing one of their images?

I've got some info on a couple sites, but I want to hear personal experiences.

What size was the print... pixels per inch, etc.

Who here can shed some light on experiences they've had printing one of their images?

I've got some info on a couple sites, but I want to hear personal experiences.

What size was the print... pixels per inch, etc.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by adob0

^ bought some white poster board randomly while on a grocery/wally world run...got home and out of boredom, threw the closest objects next to me on them snapped away...
Sorry for noob question, but how many did you buy and how'd you piece it together?
ohwell.gif

Anyone who can fill me in on this, it'd be appreciated.

sup, tho i still consider myself a noob aswell, especially with flash...it's easier than you think. i bought two pieces: one for the base and one for the background. i used an on-camera flash and bounced the flash off the ceiling. here's set up:

5318917896_80f4dc9034_z.jpg

^ try experimenting...bounce the flash off a side wall, off the ceiling, off a mirror, at different angles, try diff color posterboards, try off camera flash, try whatever, see what looks best to you. hope this helps.

messed around with my fujifilm for the first time, really pushing some buttons, and realized that it takes some nice pics.......damn near shocked me....

all I had to do was lower the iso to the lowest possible and use the zoom.

soooo this year i WILL complete my 365 days lol and i still have the lil wizard that was supposed to be passed around the niketalk photography community.. anybody want to get this guy moving to different places?

2/365 ~ Known for it's super saturated, low fidelity, plasticky goodness the Diana F+ lomography camera makes its debut at the trails of Griffith Park with my Maggotch at the helm! Can't wait to see how these photos came out.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

laugh.gif

tired.gif

Yup..damn small world..
laugh.gif
I'm in PG County..thanks for the feedback on my Flickr! Yours look's great as well
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Canon T2i > that nikon.

laugh.gif

Really don't think you can go wrong either way. I have a T2i and love it to death.

I have that D3100, got it for Christmas. Only reason why we got that instead of the T21 is because the D3100 came with 2 lenses and a bag.

It's nice though, I'm still trying to get the hang of it. All I'm really doing now is point and shoot.

Originally Posted by rocafella kidd

soooo this year i WILL complete my 365 days lol and i still have the lil wizard that was supposed to be passed around the niketalk photography community.. anybody want to get this guy moving to different places?

Wizard?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

airjzz wrote:

Dmvbatman wrote:

Cobra Kai wrote:

Canon T2i > that nikon.

laugh.gif

I have that D3100, got it for Christmas. Only reason why we got that instead of the T21 is because the D3100 came with 2 lenses and a bag.

It's nice though, I'm still trying to get the hang of it. All I'm really doing now is point and shoot.

Just an FYI, there are rumors of a T3i coming out this year but NOT as soon as February:

http://www.canonrumors.co...1/rebel-t3i600d-t31100d/

Back
Top Bottom