The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I have that trigger and the Yonguoa flash with he built in transmitter and don't need that cord to shoot wirelessly nor on the hot shoe. I only used that cord when I use the trigger as a remote timer.

I have that trigger and the Yonguoa flash with he built in transmitter and don't need that cord to shoot wirelessly nor on the hot shoe. I only used that cord when I use the trigger as a remote timer.

Ah, I see. If I were to use the trigger for say photobooth shooting, would the cord I posted be what I needed?

Last edited:
Got the green light so I can finally share what I've been working on with ya'll.

Here's a sneak peak of my Utah road trip last month, enjoy in 4K!!

Wow that is awesome!! Great work

Videography is something I've been thinking of getting into lately.

Ah, I see. If I were to use the trigger for say photobooth shooting, would the cord I posted be what I needed?

Honestly I don't think so but I could be wrong. I've never really used that cord at all but I assume its cause I have the wireless receivers in my flash. I assume if I didn't have that, perhaps you would have to use it? Not totally sure on that one.

Can someone help break down the benefits of buying Canon flashes over third party?

The differences in price are wild.

I'm looking for a flash with TTL.

The Yongnuo YN-568EX II seems like a good candidate at $94 on Amazon.

But I could also buy a used Canon 430EX II for about the same price.

Or spend a little more and buy a used 580EX II or Canon 430EX III-RT (currently one available at $100 near me).

-Separate question, is RT something to look into with it being the future with Canon.

I see Yongnuo has their own YN600EX-RT II, and YN968EX-RT.

Last edited:
^^^^Dependability. Canon probably doesn't break as much as the Yongnuo. Maybe the recycle time? Honestly flashes are one of the things you can go really cheap and get away with good performance.

JordanSF......so sick my dude!

And one from today.

sebo-1.png
yonnie-1.png

Last edited:
Got the green light so I can finally share what I've been working on with ya'll.

Here's a sneak peak of my Utah road trip last month, enjoy in 4K!!

Very cool! How long was the trip? You slept in the salt flats all night?

Can someone help break down the benefits of buying Canon flashes over third party?

The differences in price are wild.

I'm looking for a flash with TTL.

The Yongnuo YN-568EX II seems like a good candidate at $94 on Amazon.

But I could also buy a used Canon 430EX II for about the same price.

Or spend a little more and buy a used 580EX II or Canon 430EX III-RT (currently one available at $100 near me).

-Separate question, is RT something to look into with it being the future with Canon.

I see Yongnuo has their own YN600EX-RT II, and YN968EX-RT.

I own canon's transmitter and the canon 600ex-rt ii, canon 430 rt w/e and 2 yongnuo YN600EX-RT II. I dont see myself buying any more canon flashes.

All day long... works perfectly in sync w/ my canon flashes/
http://amzn.to/2sSO2uI

Wow that is awesome!! Great work

Videography is something I've been thinking of getting into lately.

Nice! How'd you like that roof top tent?
Sick video. What Drone do you have? And what song is that?
JordanSF......so sick my dude!
Very cool! How long was the trip? You slept in the salt flats all night?
Thx. The trip was six days and no after sunset at the salt flats I took off to wake up for sunrise at the next spot.

^ Nice!

Just bought a used sigma 35mm for $500. Buyer said he only used it twice since he bought it in 2013 and the pics look good but I'll hold judgement till I get it in hand. Excited to have my first prime lens.

Is this a fake b+w polarizer? The ones shown on bhphoto's site don't have the 67 after b+w and the lettering isn't in gold on the one pictured below.

Last edited:
The extra "lenses", tripod, and flash are probably going to be terrible.

If you're completely sold on the T6 and want to get a bundle you might be better off getting something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-DSLR-...110490&hash=item2ef7d62549:g:Ka8AAOSw5cNYNMuB

I'm getting closer to scooping a 70D .. but I've seen some 5D MK II drop to ~$800 ....

Decisions ...
Thanks for the link bronem

I ended up getting it a little cheaper than the 448 price that they was charging

Any tips or tricks I should know before the camera comes in?

And will my Photoshop c6 be alright to use with the camera or Y'all using big boy programs

Last edited:
Thanks for the link bronem

I ended up getting it a little cheaper than the 448 price that they was charging
Any tips or tricks I should know before the camera comes in?

And will my Photoshop c6 be alright to use with the camera or Y'all using big boy programs

Personally, I use Lightroom. Photoshop sometimes if I need to make major fixes/adjustments.

Can someone give me some general tips to stop this from happening?
I use a Canon Powershot. I zoomed in (can't remember how much) walked a distance away until I found a good one and then this happens. It focuses on the background instead of the foreground.

I can obviously focus it on my own if I'm shooting or have someone else shooting, but I didn't have anyone else with me so I was just using the self timer and going for it. The shots were good, but the focus is terrible.

I use a Canon Powershot. I zoomed in (can't remember how much) walked a distance away until I found a good one and then this happens. It focuses on the background instead of the foreground.

I can obviously focus it on my own if I'm shooting or have someone else shooting, but I didn't have anyone else with me so I was just using the self timer and going for it. The shots were good, but the focus is terrible.

Damn, i haven't been in here in a minute, i forgot the technical term but im thinking you focus on a subject,then when you press the button to shoot it focuses again giving you the result that you have, im sure that there's a setting that doesn't make the camera focus when you press the shutter button, you need to find that setting.

Back button focus is what you want. That means that the shutter button only takes the shot - it doesn't trigger the autofocus first.

Either that or focus then turn the lens to manual focus and then it won't refocus when you shoot.

Damn, i haven't been in here in a minute, i forgot the technical term but im thinking you focus on a subject,then when you press the button to shoot it focuses again giving you the result that you have, im sure that there's a setting that doesn't make the camera focus when you press the shutter button, you need to find that setting.
Back button focus is what you want. That means that the shutter button only takes the shot - it doesn't trigger the autofocus first.

Either that or focus then turn the lens to manual focus and then it won't refocus when you shoot.
Okay, been toying with the manual focus. I'll go and shoot with it tomorrow.

Also messing with the ISO. Still confused by it. From what I can tell changing the ISO either lightens or darkens the image. Then there's a wheel on the top of the camera that adjusts it further. Like a fine tune.
What is the function of ISO and what do the two sliders in the last two pics mean?

Last edited:
ISO adjusts the sensitivity of the sensor - so in dim light choose a higher number so you can use a higher shutter speed and still have properly exposed images.

It's best to think of ISO, exposure and aperture as 3 sides of a triangle - you balance the 3 so that the picture is properly exposed - i.e. whites aren't blown out and blacks aren't too dark.

When you're in manual mode you get an indicator on your screen so when you adjust any of those settings it tells you what it will do to the exposure - you want the little line about in the middle.

Generally the lower the ISO the better - higher levels produce noise in the image.

You only change it if you can't get the right exposure with the setting you have.

So, choose the aperture depending on what you're shooting - wider for portraits, smaller for landscapes etc - choose the shutter speed to expose the image (or freeze action or produce blur) and then change the ISO if you need to - amd as you said if you increase the ISO the image basically gets lighter.

Found a canon t6i plus a 50mm lens for $630 thoughts and advice much appreciated. 

Came back from Tokyo a couple months ago ..

Def gonna invest in the 24-70 Gmaster

Few pics ( I'm gonna have to resize a **** load of pics :\ .. will update soon )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom